News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - Tiana's Bayou Adventure

Br0ckford

Well it certainly is for this teams last work, Runaway Railroad. The whole premise is cool you go into a Mickey short mid cartoon. Since it's mostly projection based it still doesn't feel like you're in the cartoon.
What does being in a cartoon feel like?

Br0ckford

I'd assume it doesn't feel like watching the Paul Rudish Mickey Mouse shorts on the wall of an empty warehouse.
I've never been in one so I can't say. But I get what you're saying. Rise of the Resistance is supposed be the most realistic Lazer blasts, but I have yet to get blasted in the chest by one. Bad show.

BrerFoxesBayouAdventure

What does being in a cartoon feel like?
I'd assume it doesn't feel like watching the Paul Rudish Mickey Mouse shorts on the wall of an empty warehouse.
I genuinely love the concept of Runaway Railway I just feel like the technology to achieve what it was trying to do isn't feasible at the current period in time. Whenever I'd go on it, I had the misfortune of being put in the back of the train and missing most if not all of the show scene. They're way too fast paced and not in a good way. I also feel like its hampered by the framework of TGMM's showbuilding and isn't able to fully take advantage of the concept.

Bocabear

I genuinely love the concept of Runaway Railway I just feel like the technology to achieve what it was trying to do isn't feasible at the current period in time. Whenever I'd go on it, I had the misfortune of being put in the back of the train and missing most if not all of the show scene. They're way too fast paced and not in a good way. I also feel like its hampered by the framework of TGMM's showbuilding and isn't able to fully take advantage of the concept.
Actually All reports say they didn't even use all of the original footprint, so I don't know how they were hampered by the building size...

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member

Honestly, at this point I'd be ok with them just closing it tommorow so the poor ride can rest.

How Do Ya Do
• 1st Frog stuck turned away from goose
• 3rd Goose stuck leaning too far over
• Bridge Goose not moving
• Mr. Bluebird not moving mouth
• Worklights on over Raccoon/Porcupine
• Show light out over Br'er Raccoon
• Shadow not playing
• Br'er Bear only moving his head up and down
• Br'er Fox barely moving, not moving mouth
• Hopping Br'er Rabbit still broken
• Lights out on Br'er Frog
• Br'er Frog not moving
• Br'er Roadrunner has massive air leak
• Lights out on possum trio
• Br'er Fox and Br'er Bear not moving at top of dip-drop
• Br'er Rabbit lights out
• Br'er Fox audio still broken
• Br'er Bear audio sounds very blown out

Laughin' Place/Burrow Lament
• Three spinning beehives not working
• Beehive Br'er Bear not moving
• Laughing Br'er Rabbit only not moving mouth
• Br'er Fox behind him barely moving
• Spinning beehive behind Br'er Fox broken
• No water effects working
• Both turtles not moving
• First Turtle gyster broken
• Second Frog jaw stuck open
• Br'er Rabbit in beehive not moving
• Both vultures barely moving
• Tied up Br'er Rabbit not moving
• Br'er Fox shadow not playing
• Br'er Bear "Briar patch?" not playing.

Zip A Dee Doo Dah
• One of the swamp boys missing
• Hen missing a hat
• Organ pig not moving
• Zip a Dee Lady not rocking back and forth
[Video cuts next 2 scenes)
• Br'er Rabbit moving very slowly
• Mr. Bluebird only moving his mouth

Last edited:

FigmentFan82

Did my what is most likely final rides last weekend. The ride is in rough shape, but we all know now that nothing will be fixed before they take it down to start the retheme. Oddly the one thing that was working well that in past was always off was mr bluebird at the very end. Years past I always ride when he was static and unmoving, but that little guy was moving and singing like he was a freshly made AA. So long splash mountain and thanks for all the fish!

EPCOT-O.G.

Well, maybe if the PATF theming is a busy they can reuse the salt mines motif for a Pinocchio ride
91229892-115C-4FBD-94DD-C835D84B98EC.jpeg

Br0ckford

Back to the drawing board?
Just change it up. Now as you go through the ride you see more of your friends laid off as the economy gets worse. The drop is your life spiraling out if control as you get let go. The final area is when your unemployment runs out and you walk along New Orleans making money the only way you can.......

Kirby86

I find it super baffling if the final drop doesn’t have a projection tunnel with Friends on the Other Side and voodoo masks.

I get it’s a sequel and Facilier is dead but it would be a missed opportunity to not include him or the song.

Same with Ray and “Going Down the Bayou”.
Not having "Going Down the Bayou" is such a missed opportunity that's the one song from the movie that's almost as catchy as the three currently in the ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom