News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - Tiana's Bayou Adventure

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
Frontierland has expansion pads available that don't require losing the River.

Disney already has too bad a habit of closing foundational attractions in favor of rides that start and end in a short burst. I'm not sure why anyone would assume the River's "ridiculous amount of space" would be put to better use by any new construction than what we have now.

Wasn't it last rumored that they had considered building a Rapids Ride like Kali in that area? Would you really want to give up the quiet beauty of the River, Tom Sawyer Island, and the traveling Liberty Belle Riverboat for a 5 minute-long Kali River Rapids 2.0 that uses all that space?
Yes i would love that space to be used as a new land/attraction

solidyne

I'm all about moving Small World and CoP to Epcot and demoing Rivers/TS Island for a new land.
Two out of three ain't bad.
[...] People who've only been to MK post-2000 likely are unaware of what the river used to be like and have been trained by FP+ to play the game of most-rides-in-a-day, which discourages any slower, exploratory attractions that you can't reserve in advance.
So sad, so true. Even those who are aware don't care. It's clear the current crowd, most of whom just want to move their faces from cell phone screen to ride screenz and back, sees things like Treehouse as "wastes of space."

matt9112

For people complaining about the footprint Jungle Cruise takes up, they need to look at Tom Sawyer Island first.

I agree with that…. Granted that’s probably harder….more expensive land to use. The concept of Tom Sawyer island just doesn’t mesh well with the modern attendance.

Poseidon Quest

Not for Studios...

It doesn't seem plausible to me that it would go in Epic, even if Illumination is supposed to have representation there. I was under the assumption that the statement referred to meet and greets and the attraction doesn't seem to fit with the current progress we're seeing in the park. So does that mean... Islands somewhere? Tearing down the theater near Toon Lagoon?

Rhinocerous

Premium Member
I personally feel they should set aside the DisneyQuest building and create a residency program for Kevin Perjurer where he could put his group of mad scientists to work faithfully recreating defunct Disney attractions in a fully immersive VR setting.
I have been pushing a very similar idea for years. Use something like the Cyberspace Mountain or Sum of All Thrills tech to simulate departed ride experiences. Change the menu regularly to keep people coming back. Use the "Disney vault" model. If a ride is in refurb, consider adding it to the list. Maybe even seasonal overlays. They love to play on nostalgia. This would be a huge revenue generator for them. They should also do detailed 360° scans of all existing rides. Sell merch in the gift shop. It's a license to print money.

celluloid

I have been pushing a very similar idea for years. Use something like the Cyberspace Mountain or Sum of All Thrills tech to simulate departed ride experiences. Change the menu regularly to keep people coming back. Use the "Disney vault" model. If a ride is in refurb, consider adding it to the list. Maybe even seasonal overlays. They love to play on nostalgia. This would be a huge revenue generator for them. They should also do detailed 360° scans of all existing rides. Sell merch in the gift shop. It's a license to print money.
Even better than that. They realized people buy the merch of extinct attractions anyway without needing the big ROI.

Communicora

Premium Member
Better yet, move It's a Small World to EPCOT
Season 6 No GIF by Friends

Touchdown

It doesn't seem plausible to me that it would go in Epic, even if Illumination is supposed to have representation there. I was under the assumption that the statement referred to meet and greets and the attraction doesn't seem to fit with the current progress we're seeing in the park. So does that mean... Islands somewhere? Tearing down the theater near Toon Lagoon?
The rumors aren’t for Epic either. Rumors point to IOA (toon lagoon stadium)

SplashJacket

If I had to guess.

Splash closes 09/12/22

PatF opens 05/24/24

If you don’t think they can retheme a ride in a year and a half you’re blinded by the current construction pace and a hatred by modern Disney.

Kirby86

Hunh, new music videos from PatF today. Wonder why just now? Hmmm...

Could be ride related could be nothing. I only say that because outside of the new films the uploads for Disney vevo don't really have a pattern. You had most of your classic princess stuff up for years. They also only put up Peter Pan songs earlier this year. They even put a singalong for following the leader. But back to the topic if I was a betting man I'd put a dollar on it being Splash related. At least for that festival in New Orleans.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom