News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - Tiana's Bayou Adventure

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
I wonder if we're gonna get 30th Merch for Orlando this year, given it's not down for the retheme at that point (Which from what i can tell is unlikely)

FantasiaMickey2000

I wonder if we're gonna get 30th Merch for Orlando this year, given it's not down for the retheme at that point (Which from what i can tell is unlikely)
They haven’t sold Splash merchandise (with very limited exceptions) since they sold out of their initial inventory after re-opening. I’d be shocked if they had any new splash merchandise ever again.

matt9112

They haven’t sold Splash merchandise (with very limited exceptions) since they sold out of their initial inventory after re-opening. I’d be shocked if they had any new splash merchandise ever again.

The one time they dont put moving merch above all else. I could understand not making new merch designs etc but honestly amazed they dint just re order old merch to you know make money.

Midwest Elitist

Seems like Br'er Rabbit and Br'er Bear are being replaced by the chipmunks when Frontierland Hoedown returns next month. Not suprising but still a litte sad
Aren't Chip and Dale normally in Frontierland though? I recall seeing them last time I was there. Not sure how the Florida park will respond compared to DL, they still play Zip at the park entrance of MK.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
Something something "Carter is hard at work destroying Splash Mountain ~no further actual details~, New Orleans, Bayous, alligator trumpet quest. And here's concept art of what the backstage of the show building will look like that Chapek personally drew in 5 minutes."
How'd you know I was sent that leaked concept art?
Untitled247_20220203112419.png

retr0gate

I know Splash is merely down for it's annual refurbishment and nothing more, but is it crazy to think that some of the work being done is at least somewhat related to the PatF overhaul? Like, just some prep stuff so they dont have to worry about it later on? Refreshing the facade with a fresh coat of paint and updated foliage is one thing, but supposedly some of the rockwork is being reshaped. Nothing substantial, but I am curious as to why they would update something so subtle. Anybody have more information on this?

James Alucobond

I don't think it's terribly unusual for them to rebuild and reshape rockwork during a refurbishment. They did the same in several locations when the Rivers of America were drained.

Midwest Elitist

I don't think it's terribly unusual for them to rebuild and reshape rockwork during a refurbishment. They did the same in several locations when the Rivers of America were drained.
Yeah, you have to think that it's being pounded by humidity and the Florida Sun all year. Wouldn't be surprised if the façade has cracked a bit since the last refurb in 2020.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom