News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - Tiana's Bayou Adventure

bdearl41

And their compensation is set by the Board (Compensation Committee) who work for the shareholders. Soooooooo....yeah.

If the shareholders/owners don't like it, they can sell their shares or vote accordingly.

The uproar always gets a little murky when you ask for specifics.

As a shareholder, I don't care if the CEO makes billions as long as he's driving a return on my investment. Conversely, if the CEO works "for a dollar" and the stock doesn't grow, I sell.

Iger, for example, drove Disney market cap and shareholder value by about $200B during his reign - one could argue he was grossly underpaid.
Exactly. There are compensation limits in place.

Goofnut1980

Dear Prudence

It makes me giggle how they are handling things. Instead of making it themed to Tom Sawyer, they just paint over and do nothing. It seems a little half done, but that is now the Disney way.
Disneyland kept a lot of the Tom Sawyer theme. It just also has pirate stuff, making it the actual pirate island of Tom's dreams. It's brilliant. 👏🏽

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
20220127_171904.jpg

owlsandcoffee

Oh, God, I saw this yesterday. Everyone was sending it to me. Disneyland took theirs out over 10 years ago. I know people mean well by sending this to me, thinking that I will be excited about good news, but, like, the 'Injun Joe' ish is legitimately one of my mental health triggers. Having flashbacks to elementary school and having kids mock me that my biofather was "Injun Joe," a "drunk Indian," etc. Talk about bad memory lane. o_O

At any rate, non-Native people on either "side" of the argument were predictably annoying.

If IJ causes such harmful memories for you I imagine that's the case for a lot of people with Indigenous heritage. In that case, I'm glad it's going. Hopefully whatever they do keeps the spirit of TSI while being a bit more fresh.

Animaniac93-98

If IJ causes such harmful memories for you I imagine that's the case for a lot of people with Indigenous heritage. In that case, I'm glad it's going. Hopefully whatever they do keeps the spirit of TSI while being a bit more fresh.

I believe the names for the three rafts were Joe, Tom Sawyer and Huck Finn?

Maybe make Joe's raft Becky Thatcher? Still a character from the book, and then they'd have a female character represented too along with all three being named after the kids.

owlsandcoffee

I believe the names for the three rafts were Joe, Tom Sawyer and Huck Finn?

Maybe make Joe's raft Becky Thatcher? Still a character from the book, and then they'd have a female character represented too along with all three being named after the kids.
Yeah, that would've been fine with me, although I'm not indigenous. I was talking specifically about IJ

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom