Help me prepare for my first deluxe stay.

Mainahman

Original Poster
We were moved to a 2 bedroom villa for our upcoming august trip. All of our past trips have been at POP century value. Never stayed at a deluxe, let alone a villa. Super excited for Kidani, animals, and Bread Service!! Tell me why I will love it! The hotel, not bread service, I mean how could you hate bread service....

epcotisbest

We were moved to a 2 bedroom villa for our upcoming august trip. All of our past trips have been at POP century value. Never stayed at a deluxe, let alone a villa. Super excited for Kidani, animals, and Bread Service!! Tell me why I will love it! The hotel, not bread service, I mean how could you hate bread service....

Waking up early and sitting out on the balcony watching the animals right outside your room while sipping a cup of coffee is something that is an amazing experience in itself.
Here at home we might have a squirrel or deer walk by, but never once a giraffe or zebra!
Also, the pool is amazing. I hope you plan some pool time.
I know it is a simple thing, but being able to park underneath the building is nice, as the car is not blazing hot when you get in.
Our last stay at Kidani we spent way more time there than at the parks. Plan to take lots of photos.
Also, I know some people would not dream of it, but we enjoy cooking in the room, and with a full kitchen, you can prepare all the meals you want right in the room.
Walk over to Jambo if it is open when you are there and check out the lobby there. Also, there are lots of things to see and do at Jambo, unless the covid thing has cancelled them, like night vision goggles, cookie decorating, culinary tours of BOMA and Jiko, and more. Oh, and zebra domes, gotta try zebra domes.

Mainahman

Original Poster
Waking up early and sitting out on the balcony watching the animals right outside your room while sipping a cup of coffee is something that is an amazing experience in itself.
Here at home we might have a squirrel or deer walk by, but never once a giraffe or zebra!
Also, the pool is amazing. I hope you plan some pool time.
I know it is a simple thing, but being able to park underneath the building is nice, as the car is not blazing hot when you get in.
Our last stay at Kidani we spent way more time there than at the parks. Plan to take lots of photos.
Also, I know some people would not dream of it, but we enjoy cooking in the room, and with a full kitchen, you can prepare all the meals you want right in the room.
Walk over to Jambo if it is open when you are there and check out the lobby there. Also, there are lots of things to see and do at Jambo, unless the covid thing has cancelled them, like night vision goggles, cookie decorating, culinary tours of BOMA and Jiko, and more. Oh, and zebra domes, gotta try zebra domes.
Zebra domes and bread service for sure! I just told that to my wife, I'll likely get up early and drink coffee on the balcony way before anyone else. We only have standard view, but going to request to be close to the pool, and possibly a restricted Savannah view. I'll deal with a pole for a giraffe!

I feel so blessed to get this upgrade.

Pool wise, we drive, so arrival day, is just that. It's a pool day. After 11.hours in a car, I need a Pina colava and a good float! Just not sure what to expect I guess.

epcotisbest

Some photos taken from the balcony:

giraffe.jpg
giraffe2.jpg
giraffe3.jpg

epcotisbest

Zebra domes and bread service for sure! I just told that to my wife, I'll likely get up early and drink coffee on the balcony way before anyone else. We only have standard view, but going to request to be close to the pool, and possibly a restricted Savannah view. I'll deal with a pole for a giraffe!

I feel so blessed to get this upgrade.

Pool wise, we drive, so arrival day, is just that. It's a pool day. After 11.hours in a car, I need a Pina colava and a good float! Just not sure what to expect I guess.

Here is a pool picture. It is a nice, shaded oasis.

pool.jpg

Mainahman

Original Poster

epcotisbest

My niece is a huge animal lover. We still haven't told her. We told them we got an upgrade, but not where. I want to see the shock and awe on thier faces when we get there to wander and go to the pool before our room is ready.

Those shots are amazing!! I will surely be wandering around for photos.

There are lots of overlooks where you can see the animals, including right outside the doors at Sanaa. Congrats on the upgrade!

epcotisbest

Thanks! When I called they asked me if I had an area I wanted, and I said no, but it's my nieces first time, and she loves animals, and boom they put us there...

Score! I just know she will love it and this will result in a lifetime of memories.
There is a problem with staying there though, and that is it is hard to leave. If your niece is young, there is a fantastic water play area beside the pool, and a terrific water slide as well.
We enjoyed just walking through that area, and I tried the water slide more times than I can count.

Mainahman

Original Poster
Score! I just know she will love it and this will result in a lifetime of memories.
There is a problem with staying there though, and that is it is hard to leave. If your niece is young, there is a fantastic water play area beside the pool, and a terrific water slide as well.
We enjoyed just walking through that area, and I tried the water slide more times than I can count.
Right! We had planned to be at all star family suites so this is a giant upgrade! The memories we will make on this trip, far outweighs anything Disney isn't opening or offering.

That's my dear... How do we go back to value resorts after this.

epcotisbest

No just read and listened to podcasts on it ... It's been one of those must dos if I could ever get there.

Warning, some of the accompaniments are hot. I live in Georgia and I can tell you there is a huge difference in Georgia hot and African hot. Still my wife and I will endure the pain for the flavor!

Mainahman

Original Poster
Warning, some of the accompaniments are hot. I live in Georgia and I can tell you there is a huge difference in Georgia hot and African hot. Still my wife and I will endure the pain for the flavor!
We're in Tennessee where hot chicken is a thing, but I agree Africa hot is far worse, but I also will endure the pain for the flavor!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom