WDW Resorts Reopening Thread

TikibirdLand

Happy re-opening day to Disney's All Star Music resort! The resort opens today September 16th for guests. Two buildings (Calypso 1 and Jazz 2) are closed for refurbishment, but everything else is open and ready for guests!
We stayed at ASM on our last visit. Actually really enjoyed the room. We had a suite with a door to keep the kids out :rolleyes:. It's a bit of a hike back to the dining area. But, definitely not as bad as Jazz is! Having 2 pools to pick from was nice too (one was definitely louder than the other!). We had our own car. So, that wasn't a problem. And McD's was on the way to the parks!

I'll have to watch for room reviews.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Following reports of being indefinitely delayed in reopening, Disney has updated the Resort Reopening page to remove the All-Star Sports Resort -

Before
Screen Shot 2021-09-20 at 9.46.12 AM.png

Now -
Screen Shot 2021-09-20 at 9.45.47 AM.png

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
Well Well Well

Guests with upcoming reservations will receive communication via email and will be instructed to reach out to their Travel Professional to modify their stay, at no additional charge. This modification will have no impact to other vacation experiences that may be booked, such as Theme Park reservations or dining.

As a reminder, we’re excited to reopen Disney’s Port Orleans Resorts next month for our Guests, with bookings available beginning Oct. 14 for Riverside and Oct. 28 for French Quarter, subject to availability.

It doesn't appear Disney is rebooking affected guests at other resorts. So anyone who had a reservation basically now has to scramble to find something at an already packed value or upgrade and pay more for a moderate or deluxe.

Nice!

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
Well Well Well

Guests with upcoming reservations will receive communication via email and will be instructed to reach out to their Travel Professional to modify their stay, at no additional charge. This modification will have no impact to other vacation experiences that may be booked, such as Theme Park reservations or dining.

As a reminder, we’re excited to reopen Disney’s Port Orleans Resorts next month for our Guests, with bookings available beginning Oct. 14 for Riverside and Oct. 28 for French Quarter, subject to availability.

It doesn't appear Disney is rebooking affected guests at other resorts. So anyone who had a reservation basically now has to scramble to find something at an already packed value or upgrade and pay more for a moderate or deluxe.

Nice!
It says “at no additional charge” though.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I just cancelled a Pop reservation for the first week of October. So... if anyone was looking, there may now be one available.

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
It says “at no additional charge” though.
I believe that's only going laterally from value to value (assuming availability). If there are no value, then you're paying more to go to a moderate (assuming you can find a room)

Previously they just relocated your reservation to another resort of equal or better value. For whatever reason they are not doing that here.

dreday3

Okay - our week in late October now has many resorts available, including AoA and Pop!

Last month it was booked solid.

I don't know what to think about crowds in October!

Kamikaze

Okay - our week in late October now has many resorts available, including AoA and Pop!

Last month it was booked solid.

I don't know what to think about crowds in October!
Nor does anyone else. Anyone that claims they know how it will be is lying. Too many unknowns. Disney themselves have a good idea on bookings, but those can change based on COVID numbers.

Sir_Cliff

That "Let the Fun Be-Gin" is kind of cringe.
Yes, it's a little thing but yet another hint alongside the Main Street USA DJ that Disney may need to better train the people managing their parks and resorts about what's expected of a world class resort destination with the Disney name attached.

dreday3

Yes, it's a little thing but yet another hint alongside the Main Street USA DJ that Disney may need to better train the people managing their parks and resorts about what's expected of a world class resort destination with the Disney name attached.

Eh, you guys are harsh. It's a bar known for it's gin, signature gin cocktails and build your own gin cocktail.

It's punny. :D A lot of "regulars" thought it was cute.

Sir_Cliff

Eh, you guys are harsh. It's a bar known for it's gin, signature gin cocktails and build your own gin cocktail.

It's punny.
You may well be right.

It's just that Disney was always so slick and professional and this kind of sits weirdly in that context for me. It reads a lot more like a sign from a neighbourhood bar/restaurant than something I'd expect from a Disney resort. Maybe I have just lost my sense of fun and love of life, though!

dreday3

You may well be right.

It's just that Disney was always so slick and professional and this kind of sits weirdly in that context for me. It reads a lot more like a sign from a neighbourhood bar/restaurant than something I'd expect from a Disney resort. Maybe I have just lost my sense of fun and love of life, though!

I think they were probably excited to be serving booze again! (I know I'm excited they are :D)
Also, it's a "convention resort" - got attract those wild and crazy conference attendees!

We all have our cringe-meter. I cringe at CMs role-playing - like I'm dreading ROTR for that very reason. It's weird, I know. 😂

Sir_Cliff

I think they were probably excited to be serving booze again! (I know I'm excited they are :D)
Also, it's a "convention resort" - got attract those wild and crazy conference attendees!

We all have our cringe-meter. I cringe at CMs role-playing - like I'm dreading ROTR for that very reason. It's weird, I know. 😂
Could also be a little bit that "Let's all get our booze on!" tone that seems a little off for Disney, but I guess less so for a convention hotel!

I will say that my level of enjoyment with role playing probably goes as far as the CMs on Haunted Mansion or Tower of Terror. Needless to say, even were I a multimillionaire I would be far happier letting the fun be-gin at the Barcelona Bar than exploring the Star Wars Galactic Star Cruiser!

dreday3

Could also be a little bit that "Let's all get our booze on!" tone that seems a little off for Disney, but I guess less so for a convention hotel!

I will say that my level of enjoyment with role playing probably goes as far as the CMs on Haunted Mansion or Tower of Terror. Needless to say, even were I a multimillionaire I would be far happier letting the fun be-gin at the Barcelona Bar than exploring the Star Wars Galactic Star Cruiser!

Yes, I was going to say I can handle the CMs at Haunted Mansion/Tower of Terror, even Jungle Cruise. Beyond that I start to want to hide my face behind a pillow.... 😂

(obviously not talking about staged shows)

Vegas Disney Fan

Does anyone know what time they reopen the resorts? I just realized we‘ll be checking in the day French Quarter re-opens (28th), our flight lands at 2 so I’m sure they’ll be open by the time we get there about 3-3:30... just wondering if they are doing any type of a ceremony or anything special.

MrPromey

You're not responsible for recruiting or hiring in your job, are you?

It's a NIGHTMARE getting staff right now, for starters, and Disney will have absolutely zero difficulty filling every single available bed this October.

This sure didn't age well. :oops:

Not picking on you, Cap'n - none of us had anything but guesses about how this month was going to look.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom