WDW Resorts Reopening Thread

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
part is definitely staffing…but that was 100% because the Bobs gambled with their labor and loss. But miscalculation. I’ve heard that here as well: “people didn’t come back”…which is what happens when you leave…you don’t come back.
80% of recalled cast came back.

What they didn't bank on, and we've discussed this elsewhere, was the continued suspension of work visas. You mentioned Animal Kingdom Lodge... a HUGE portion of that place is staffed by the sub-Saharan Africa cultural representative program.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
80% of recalled cast came back.

What they didn't bank on, and we've discussed this elsewhere, was the continued suspension of work visas. You mentioned Animal Kingdom Lodge... a HUGE portion of that place is staffed by the sub-Saharan Africa cultural representative program.
Do you realize how big of a hole
20% is here?

…well I do. Your Econ textbook doesn’t cover this scenario

add limited CP and no IP and it’s a ship hit by a torpedo

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Do you realize how big of a hole
20% is here?

…well I do. Your Econ textbook doesn’t cover this scenario

add limited CP and no IP and it’s a ship hit by a torpedo
I think it was a fair assumption that demand and labor force participation would come back roughly in line with one another. Federal cash has delayed the return of the workforce and caused fits and starts in the return of demand.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
I think it was a fair assumption that demand and labor force participation would come back roughly in line with one another. Federal cash has delayed the return of the workforce and caused fits and starts in the return of demand.
Are you talking about the extra federal unemployment benefits? Because that ended in Florida 2 months ago.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
A bad assumption. If the Bobs think people would “wait for Disney”…they never really understood what it’s like to work for Disney in orlando. Which is safe to say they don’t.
All of it. Extra unemployment benefits, PPP, direct stimulus payments, enhanced child tax credit, etc.
All gone in practical terms for who we’re talking about. The child tax credit (as I ubderstand it)…is just a tax loan kinda scheme.

jinx8402

The child tax credit (as I ubderstand it)…is just a tax loan kinda scheme.
My understanding is it is an expansion of the previous $2000 tax credit to $3000 (or $3600 for under children under 6) and that the IRS sends the payment monthly vs needing to claim at the end of the year on your taxes. You can also opt out if you want to get it all as a lump payment with your tax return as was done previously.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
My understanding is it is an expansion of the previous $2000 tax credit to $3000 (or $3600 for under children under 6) and that the IRS sends the payment monthly vs needing to claim at the end of the year on your taxes. You can also opt out if you want to get it all as a lump payment with your tax return as was done previously.
Yes…what I mean is that those checks increase the tax burden if you take them on 4/15

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
A bad assumption. If the Bobs think people would “wait for Disney”…they never really understood what it’s like to work for Disney in orlando. Which is safe to say they don’t.
That's not my point. I'm not saying they expected to get 100% of their CMs back, I'm saying they expected to get something like 80% of their CMs back (they did) while being able to hire the remaining 20% (they haven't).
The child tax credit (as I ubderstand it)…is just a tax loan kinda scheme.
That is not correct. The old child tax credit of $2,000 per kid is still intact. The monthly payments that people are getting is new money on top of that. They're not advance payments of the $2,000.

ETA: This is imprecise in an effort to simplify things. See below for the actual mechanics.

Last edited:

peter11435

That is not correct. The old child tax credit of $2,000 per kid is still intact. The monthly payments that people are getting is new money on top of that. They're not advance payments of the $2,000.
I’m pretty super thats incorrect. My understanding is that the previous $2000 child tax credit was replaced by the the new $3000/$3600 credit. And half of that credit is being paid in advance monthly for the last six months of 2021

jinx8402

I’m pretty super thats incorrect. My understanding is that the previous $2000 child tax credit was replaced by the the new $3000/$3600 credit. And half of that credit is being paid in advance monthly for the last six months of 2021
Correct. And it doesn't need to be paid back unless your AGI for 2021 is above the threshold.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Yes, I was attempting to simplify but I guess I made it more complicated.

Old way: $2,000, all at filing

New way: $1,500/$1,800 now, $1,500/$1,800 at filling

My main point was that the "...at filing" part hasn't gone away. A lot of people just assume it's the same $2,000 that they're simply getting early.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
At my income it’s just a prepayment, no extra money at all. At many incomes there is extra money.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Great news!

"Yehaa Bob Jackson has announced that he will be performing again when Port Orleans resort reopens on October 14, 2021. According to Jackson, he will return on opening day and perform his regular hours. Jackson did say he had a previously agreed-upon engagement and will not be performing on October 16th, but will play on the 15th."

dreday3

(photo from Facebook! CSR-Gran Destino)

Time for the wine!!! :D

b lounge.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom