WDW Resorts Reopening Thread

jmp85

Slightly related to resorts reopening- I booked Music yesterday and the two choices for room requests are ground floor and king bed 🤦🏻‍♀️🤣
What happened to landscape view, close to transportation, specific buildings etc?
View attachment 570776
I think being closer to the amenities is now an upcharge via the "Preferred Room" option. If you read the description for these room types it states "Close to Melody Hall, Dining, Shopping and Transportation."

Regarding viewing landscaping versus parking lot, it's really the luck of the draw under the 'Standard Room' selection. You might be able to talk to the front desk about not looking at a parking lot, never hurts to ask.

TrojanUSC

What’s some examples of the better service? (Not being snarky, genuinely curious)

Room service, daily housekeeping, the ability to contact the front desk from your room (Disney sends you to a call center who is often clueless about resort-specific information), useable wifi, TVs that allow streaming, and just an overall more personalized level of service from a staff who remember you after day 1.

jaklgreen

Slightly related to resorts reopening- I booked Music yesterday and the two choices for room requests are ground floor and king bed 🤦🏻‍♀️🤣
What happened to landscape view, close to transportation, specific buildings etc?
View attachment 570776

I have noticed that every time I book a room, different "requests" come up. Usually nothing that I want. I think they are trying to push rooms that no one wants. LOL I prefer to call and add the request to my reservation when I book the room.

CJR

And it's apparently going to be a buffet. Glad it's going to be similar to what it was before. It was kind of a hidden gem, since only so many people would make the trek over to the hotel.

UNCgolf

And it's apparently going to be a buffet. Glad it's going to be similar to what it was before. It was kind of a hidden gem, since only so many people would make the trek over to the hotel.

It was the best breakfast on property -- but the fact that it's still going to be a buffet doesn't automatically mean it will be the same as before. We'll have to wait until the menu is released/people actually eat there to see if it's the full offering or if they've pared it down and eliminated some of the offerings.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
It was the best breakfast on property -- but the fact that it's still going to be a buffet doesn't automatically mean it will be the same as before. We'll have to wait until the menu is released/people actually eat there to see if it's the full offering or if they've pared it down and eliminated some of the offerings.
Yep, hope it doesn't go the way of 'Ohana.

CJR

the fact that it's still going to be a buffet doesn't automatically mean it will be the same as before.

I did say "similar". 😉

I personally expect most stuff to be there. I don't expect it to be exactly the same. IF it is, that will be even more amazing.

po1998

Sorry as I have not been paying close attention over the last 18 months. Are there WDW resorts that are either completely shutdown, or have some buildings within a resort closed down?

UNCgolf

Sorry as I have not been paying close attention over the last 18 months. Are there WDW resorts that are either completely shutdown, or have some buildings within a resort closed down?

There have been, but I think they're all going to be open by the end of this month.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom