WDW Resorts Reopening Thread

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
Other than those super cheap weeks in Jan/Feb, the moderates start in the high $200s now. If you get 25% off you’re very likely still over $200. That’s just the price now.

The only “reasonably” priced rooms left anywhere on property, other than in Jan/Feb, are the All Stars, which generally run in the $130-160 range.

That’s basically their 1994 prices plus inflation.

Everything else has doubled from their 1994 prices even after accounting for inflation.

ctrlaltdel

Everything else has doubled from their 1994 prices even after accounting for inflation.
Considering the insane prices, I wonder what the value is looking at offsite for my trip in '23. With so much unknown what the new normal will be when everything shakes out, I'm looking at everything from Pop to the "lower-priced" Deluxes in my way-too early-planning. Being my wife's first trip I do want to make it count. Pretty much hoping that there are at least some room discounts for mid-February.

skiir97

I booked a room at All Star Music for marathon weekend this morning. I just checked again and it looks like Music and Sports are all sold out.

That took less than a day. WOW

Parker in NYC

I booked a room at All Star Music for marathon weekend this morning. I just checked again and it looks like Music and Sports are all sold out.

That took less than a day. WOW
I'm sure they're still holding back rooms/hiring (gulp, hopefully) staff etc. More will become available.

jmp85

I'm sure they're still holding back rooms/hiring (gulp, hopefully) staff etc. More will become available.
We logged on a few minutes before 7am today and didn't see any 'Woods' views available at POR. Maybe they are keeping part of Alligator Bayou closed? Was wondering if they held some rooms back myself.

Tom P.

On what rooms? They are pretty much booked.
This is just my hunch, but I don't think Disney is releasing all the inventory for the resorts. I think they are holding a significant amount back. I'm not really buying that every resort on property is 100% booked for every date. I know that for us here on the boards, the 50th anniversary is a big deal, but I'm not sure it's *that* big of a deal to the general public.

As Disney keeps staffing up, particularly in housekeeping, I think they will release more rooms. And I think they will offer a Fall discount, even if it's just on a limited number of rooms and hard to get, because that is the public expectation.

Touchdown

This is just my hunch, but I don't think Disney is releasing all the inventory for the resorts. I think they are holding a significant amount back. I'm not really buying that every resort on property is 100% booked for every date. I know that for us here on the boards, the 50th anniversary is a big deal, but I'm not sure it's *that* big of a deal to the general public.

As Disney keeps staffing up, particularly in housekeeping, I think they will release more rooms. And I think they will offer a Fall discount, even if it's just on a limited number of rooms and hard to get, because that is the public expectation.
Don’t discount something you can charge more for is a standard business rule. They aren’t holding back rooms to save for a discount offer, if they do become available it will be full price.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
On what rooms? They are pretty much booked.
I think they’ll do it, with very poor discounts and extremely limited availability, but they’ll do it to get rid of the random like Monday-Wednesday availabilities they have at various resorts.

Tom P.

Don’t discount something you can charge more for is a standard business rule. They aren’t holding back rooms to save for a discount offer, if they do become available it will be full price.
No, they are holding back rooms due to staffing. And that is creating the illusion that there is such tremendous demand for the resorts that they will all be full all the time. But that's a false picture. They will eventually release the rest of the inventory. And that will happen to coincide with the normal time they release Fall offers. Which I believe they will still do because once they open up all their inventory, there will not be enough demand to fill up all their resorts all the time. As I said, I'm sure it will be a limited discount, but I believe firmly that it will still happen.

James J

In the Parks
No
We logged on a few minutes before 7am today and didn't see any 'Woods' views available at POR. Maybe they are keeping part of Alligator Bayou closed? Was wondering if they held some rooms back myself.
The Woods View rooms are available to book on the UK site, though I'm aware that may be for different dates than when you're looking at.

Last edited:

ToTBellHop

Other than those super cheap weeks in Jan/Feb, the moderates start in the high $200s now. If you get 25% off you’re very likely still over $200. That’s just the price now.

The only “reasonably” priced rooms left anywhere on property, other than in Jan/Feb, are the All Stars, which generally run in the $130-160 range.

That’s basically their 1994 prices plus inflation.

But, the Magic has doubled!

DisneyDreamer08

Slightly related to resorts reopening- I booked Music yesterday and the two choices for room requests are ground floor and king bed 🤦🏻‍♀️🤣
What happened to landscape view, close to transportation, specific buildings etc?
C2E5902A-950A-4FE2-8348-738B01CC22A8.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom