WDW Resorts Reopening Thread

Higginbotham587

Makes sense. I am just wondering because we are in the strange position of having Beach Club reservations for next summer even though the property is actually closed at this time. Obviously, we made the reservations before the decision was made to indefinitely close the Beach Club, but the reservations are still valid and pending. Like I said, pretty weird situation. Anyway, I’m hoping that the Beach Club is reopened by the summer. Fingers crossed!!!
I just read this and had honestly forgotten Beach was closed. I was at Yacht for Columbus Day weekend. The resort and pool were just a shade shy of "packed" from my numerous other visits. Longer lines at the water slide than during our usual March trip, more people in the pool/lazy river. Hard to find a chair etc. What's funny is that you could not possibly have persuaded me Beach was closed based on this--except I knew it was. I did not walk through Beach or anything, but the Yacht lobby was jammed every day all the time.

Just interesting to see how they can concentrate customers in one corner of a resort and effectively mothball the other corner and it is legitimately hard to tell.

Same with Swan/Dolphin, which seemed packed when we went there for dinner (@ Todd English, which was also pretty full).

Texas84

I just read this and had honestly forgotten Beach was closed. I was at Yacht for Columbus Day weekend. The resort and pool were just a shade shy of "packed" from my numerous other visits. Longer lines at the water slide than during our usual March trip, more people in the pool/lazy river. Hard to find a chair etc. What's funny is that you could not possibly have persuaded me Beach was closed based on this--except I knew it was. I did not walk through Beach or anything, but the Yacht lobby was jammed every day all the time.

Just interesting to see how they can concentrate customers in one corner of a resort and effectively mothball the other corner and it is legitimately hard to tell.

Same with Swan/Dolphin, which seemed packed when we went there for dinner (@ Todd English, which was also pretty full).
Beach DVC is open. I stayed there Labor Day week.

techgeek

IIRC, everything except the Port Orleans Resorts and the All Star Resorts. Plus, the non-DVC wings of Poly, Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk, Jambo House, and Beach Club.

Has there been any buzz or indication on when some of the remaining resort signature dining might be phased in? We still have Flying Fish, Citrico's, V&A's, Yachtsman, & Jiko off-line by my count... along with some other pretty major casual venues like ESPN Club, Big River, Maya...

castlecake2.0

Has there been any buzz or indication on when some of the remaining resort signature dining might be phased in? We still have Flying Fish, Citrico's, V&A's, Yachtsman, & Jiko off-line by my count... along with some other pretty major casual venues like ESPN Club, Big River, Maya...
At Epcot we were told more things would come online during "phase two", but what and when that is we don’t know

Magic Feather

Original Poster
I’d guess that we get Flying Fish and Jiko back when their respective non-DVC wings reopen.

Citrico’s might be down for a while (it was due for a refurb), Yachtsman + V&A will probably be back when demand is back to a high enough level to warrant them.

ESPN will probably be back sooner than later, but Big River and Maya are the last restaurants at their respective resorts that I would expect to reopen. Likely waiting for significant demand recovery.

tissandtully

So just got the e-mail that everything except the pool at Jambo House is STILL closed. What is going on? The only food is if you go to the pool or you take a shuttle to Kidani and order from a restaurant that isn't even Quick Service. Why have other resorts been able to open more fully, but not AKL?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I’d guess that we get Flying Fish and Jiko back when their respective non-DVC wings reopen.

Citrico’s might be down for a while (it was due for a refurb), Yachtsman + V&A will probably be back when demand is back to a high enough level to warrant them.

ESPN will probably be back sooner than later, but Big River and Maya are the last restaurants at their respective resorts that I would expect to reopen. Likely waiting for significant demand recovery.
Big River appeared in trouble prior to COVID-19, and relies massively on convention visitors from the Swan and Dolphin. Could be a well if at all.

Magic Feather

Original Poster
So just got the e-mail that everything except the pool at Jambo House is STILL closed. What is going on? The only food is if you go to the pool or you take a shuttle to Kidani and order from a restaurant that isn't even Quick Service. Why have other resorts been able to open more fully, but not AKL?
Because Jambo only has its small handful of DVC units open at the moment, and deluxe/AKL demand isn't high enough to warrant opening more rooms. While they really should at least open Mara, there isn't really enough demand to warrant it.

tissandtully

Because Jambo only has its small handful of DVC units open at the moment, and deluxe/AKL demand isn't high enough to warrant opening more rooms. While they really should at least open Mara, there isn't really enough demand to warrant it.
Yeah, I just really want the Mara open. I forgot that AKL was still only doing DVC.

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

I have major concerns about V&A EVER coming back, as it was. Consider the VERY talented staff? How does one get 'em BACK? I strongly doubt Chef Scott Hunnel is just sitting someplace in a quiet room, waiting for a WDW phone call :(.

drizgirl

I have major concerns about V&A EVER coming back, as it was. Consider the VERY talented staff? How does one get 'em BACK? I strongly doubt Chef Scott Hunnel is just sitting someplace in a quiet room, waiting for a WDW phone call :(.
Exactly. That's not how it works, no matter how much people want it to. These are people with lives, families and expenses. It would be very unusual for them to be able to just hang out and wait to come back. They don't get to freeze their life expenses.

Rteetz

Yep I stayed at Jambo last week. It’s a ghost town. I definitely would’ve liked something open there but it wasn’t terrible to walk to Kidani either.

DCBaker

Premium Member
5F8C5D71-FEAD-4932-A029-EB6C1B70391D.jpeg

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom