WDW Resorts Reopening Thread

Communicora

Premium Member
I'm sure the hotel has a fair amount of work to do. Beds were removed from some rooms, Toledo was converted to a player lounge, some rooms were used as training rooms.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I'm sure the hotel has a fair amount of work to do. Beds were removed from some rooms, Toledo was converted to a player lounge, some rooms were used as training rooms.

OTOH, as teams that were knocked out of the tournament left, Disney had the opportunity to re-set those rooms until they only had to accommodate two teams for a week.

Disone

OTOH, as teams that were knocked out of the tournament left, Disney had the opportunity to re-set those rooms until they only had to accommodate two teams for a week.
Not really. The NBA used third-party vendors to assist with moving furniture they did not want and putting furniture they did want. Because of the bubble the third shift venders were not allowed to do work inside the bubble regardless of the amount of teams that were left. This means that Disney really could not begin resetting the rooms until all the teams are gone.

Which was fine, while certainly not at the rack rate the NBA technically bought the entire Resort regardless of the number of rooms actually used.

MM311

So we are staying at Gran Destino next week, I've never stayed at Coronado Springs before, but in looking around at what is open or not, I'm noticing that the only option for breakfast seems to be Rix Sports bar. Has anyone seen or heard of any other breakfast options at the resort since opening? I get that not everything will be open, just seems weird to not have some sort of quick service breakfast option...

dreday3

So we are staying at Gran Destino next week, I've never stayed at Coronado Springs before, but in looking around at what is open or not, I'm noticing that the only option for breakfast seems to be Rix Sports bar. Has anyone seen or heard of any other breakfast options at the resort since opening? I get that not everything will be open, just seems weird to not have some sort of quick service breakfast option...

The only other place is Barcelona Lounge and it has coffees, pastries and grab/go fruit, yogurt, juice, etc.

You can also get some stuff for your room in Panchitos.

MM311

The only other place is Barcelona Lounge and it has coffees, pastries and grab/go fruit, yogurt, juice, etc.

You can also get some stuff for your room in Panchitos.
Thanks, obviously lazy searching on my part, because I completely missed that! So I guess Mickey Waffles are out of the question for this trip 🤪

dreday3

Thanks, obviously lazy searching on my part, because I completely missed that! So I guess Mickey Waffles are out of the question for this trip 🤪

Yeah. Maybe you can get in a park?

Or make a trip to another hotel with quick service?

Bring a waffle maker? ;)

ToTBellHop

Yeah. Maybe you can get in a park?

Or make a trip to another hotel with quick service?

Bring a waffle maker? ;)
1603203755614.png

DisneyDreamer08

All Star Movies Resort to reopen in February 2021​

This is great news. I’ve been hearing so much about the morning back up at the Skyliner so I’m sure value lovers (like myself) will be happy to finally have another option. We stayed in Movies this past January and LOVED it!

Magic Feather

Original Poster
Anyone have a guess or hear anything as to when Beach Club and Boardwalk will reopen?

Thanks in advance!
I’m under the impression that we won’t get anymore deluxe reopening until Polynesian next summer, unless there is an unexpected bump in demand for deluxes that can’t be filled by excess DVC inventory (especially since the DVC wings of those resorts are already open).

I already said that values were what’s in demand, which is why we’re getting Movies. Moderates also have reasonably high demand, but by reopening the largest moderate, there is an excess of supply for that category. DVC’s forced reopening gave Disney a huge excess of Deluxe capacity.

JusticeDisney

I’m under the impression that we won’t get anymore deluxe reopening until Polynesian next summer, unless there is an unexpected bump in demand for deluxes that can’t be filled by excess DVC inventory (especially since the DVC wings of those resorts are already open).

I already said that values were what’s in demand, which is why we’re getting Movies. Moderates also have reasonably high demand, but by reopening the largest moderate, there is an excess of supply for that category. DVC’s forced reopening gave Disney a huge excess of Deluxe capacity.
Makes sense. I am just wondering because we are in the strange position of having Beach Club reservations for next summer even though the property is actually closed at this time. Obviously, we made the reservations before the decision was made to indefinitely close the Beach Club, but the reservations are still valid and pending. Like I said, pretty weird situation. Anyway, I’m hoping that the Beach Club is reopened by the summer. Fingers crossed!!!

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Here’s hoping that demand starts to really increase so that we can get all of the resorts opened up again!

That's a double-edged sword at this point. More people means longer lines because rides are still running at reduced capacity, and the parks (well, outside of Epcot and maybe AK) would then be feeling much more crowded. They are already feeling more crowded than they did 2 months ago.

dreday3

That's a double-edged sword at this point. More people means longer lines because rides are still running at reduced capacity, and the parks (well, outside of Epcot and maybe AK) would then be feeling much more crowded. They are already feeling more crowded than they did 2 months ago.

Let's hope a vaccine comes by end of year, it works, people can get it (and do), people start booking again, capacity restrictions can ease a bit and then more hotels open.

:D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom