News Disney Park Pass System announced for Walt Disney World theme park reservations

Gillyanne

If the start date was the date yours expired, then that suggests a renewal. Did they charge you the renewal price or the price of a new AP?

The start date was 4/23, the day they let me buy it; expires 4/23/22 (original was like 1/28 or something). I'm guessing it was full/new AP price. I believe it was more than what we paid last time for one (Week Day Select, $269 base, about $293 total)

Sorry if I did word things weird I tend to do that, esp when I'm on a MB between (or even on) calls at work

nickys

Premium Member
The start date was 4/23, the day they let me buy it; expires 4/23/22 (original was like 1/28 or something). I'm guessing it was full/new AP price. I believe it was more than what we paid last time for one (Week Day Select, $269 base, about $293 total)

Sorry if I did word things weird I tend to do that, esp when I'm on a MB between (or even on) calls at work
No worries. Sounds like they compromised for you then. @Anyway, glad you were able to get them.

nickys

Premium Member
What do you think the likelihood of more availability opening up in June? Obviously difficult to say, but still like to hear your thoughts.
May and June were refreshed a week or so ago, but there’s still time for June to open up again. Especially if they do increase capacity in the parks.

Make sure you try and actually book, don’t just look at the calendars.

May and June were refreshed a week or so ago, but there’s still time for June to open up again. Especially if they do increase capacity in the parks.

Thanks! I was able to snag Hollywood Studios to my surprise this morning, but all other days for other parks (aside from Epcot) are still full. Will definitely keep trying!

evenstephan

We have DVC reservations that we have had for years...same week. Not only can we no longer get our annual passes renewed, we are now forced to buy Day tickets, the only park that ever shows availability is EPCOT and in order to not do a 3 day EPCOT trip we had to purchase park hoppers... it was $921 for 2 people for a 3 day park hopper... I think Disney is finally starting to hit the tipping point for me. Combine this with the ridiculous amount of planning and reserving you have to do in advance and it is all a very competitive stressful vacation.
We were there a couple months ago for a quick weekend and all the parks were completely booked full and we eventually had to leave property for meals because all the restaurants were pre-booked at the hotels. What a mess.
I am hoping it gets better as they open things back up, but that $921.00 for two 3-day tickets is really painful...
One thing to keep in mind is that in order to park hop, you must check into the park at which you have a reservation first. If you were only able to make park reservations at Epcot for each of your days, you'll have to go to that park and go through the tapstiles before you then move to another park at 2 p.m. or later. I had a friend who got stuck by this a couple of weeks ago - on her arrival day, she had hoped to spend a little time at Animal Kingdom before joining us in the evening at Epcot, so made her park reservation for the Animal Kingdom. She got in really late, so didn't go there (it was close to closing), but came straight to us. She was not allowed entry into Epcot because she had not checked into her reserved park for that day. She might have been able to rush over, check-in, and return, but it was too much of a production, so she just went to Disney Springs.

Amidala

Were they really? ): I've been checking almost daily hoping to snag a HS reservation for myself & my mother for mid-May (14-16) but have had no luck finding one. I've been relying fully on the calendar. Is it not always correct? Kicking myself for missing out, since I was really hoping to get her on ROTR for the first time.

Were they really? ): I've been checking almost daily hoping to snag a HS reservation for myself & my mother for mid-May (14-16) but have had no luck finding one. I've been relying fully on the calendar. Is it not always correct? Kicking myself for missing out, since I was really hoping to get her on ROTR for the first time.
I scored a HS for June 11th this morning, and actually an MK reservation for June 12th this afternoon, so it is possible. Don't rely on the calendar - it will still say full when there are only a couple reservations left at the park you want. The only downside is that you have to cancel your existing reservation and try to make one at the park you want. If it's not available, make your original park reservation again and try again later.

Amidala

I scored a HS for June 11th this morning, and actually an MK reservation for June 12th this afternoon, so it is possible. Don't rely on the calendar - it will still say full when there are only a couple reservations left at the park you want. The only downside is that you have to cancel your existing reservation and try to make one at the park you want. If it's not available, make your original park reservation again and try again later.
Definitely good to know, thank you! But it looks like that week in May is almost completely grayed out now so I hate to mess with it. We'll just have to stick with our plan to park hop to Studios and get her on ROTR some other time!

pixie225

What do you think the likelihood of more availability opening up in June? Obviously difficult to say, but still like to hear your thoughts.
Just back from Disney. All the parks were jammed- even AK. I do not doubt they will be upping capacity even more in the coming weeks. Looked like almost full capacity to us. Social distancing on ride lines was almost non-existent, though they were still social-distancing on some rides. (skipping rows, plexiglass, less capacity)

Definitely good to know, thank you! But it looks like that week in May is almost completely grayed out now so I hate to mess with it. We'll just have to stick with our plan to park hop to Studios and get her on ROTR some other time!
Me too! I got HS for another day today, but the day I really want to change is June 14th, which is greyed out as of this morning. Guess we will stick with Epcot that day, but I'm pleased I got two HS days and one MK day (from five Epcot days) within the last day.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Park passes have been refreshed for Ticket/Resort Guests -

Before/after

Screen Shot 2021-05-10 at 10.01.39 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-05-10 at 5.05.11 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-05-10 at 9.37.44 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-05-10 at 5.13.17 PM.png

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom