News Disney Park Pass System announced for Walt Disney World theme park reservations

disneygeek90

Rats. I’m happy for the APs - have family members that own APs - but we just booked a trip based on the low attendance and dropping COVID-19 numbers. We’re not planning on going to DHS, which seems like the park that has had the most demand. It feels like AP demand hadn’t reached max capacity for some of the other parks during weekdays, or am I wrong?
Most days end up being booked for AP's. Epcot tends to fill last. For example, tomorrow is completely booked for all parks currently.

techgeek

It will be interesting to see if AP's show up to fill those slots, or if demand will level off.

One issue I foresee is that from the pool of local AP's that were interested in the first place, most have likely now had their opportunity to make the rounds. Out of those, there's going to be a good % that don't plan to make return visits... because masks, because limited offerings, because they've seen it all twice and had their fill... whatever the reasons. Add to that those that don't see the value in renewing as their APs start expiring, on top of no new sales open to replace lost numbers. All these things add up to the reality that this mythical pool of passholder demand to 'save' park attendance might not even be there.

In my personal case, we've had our fill. We've been to the parks, had our experiences, marveled at the surrealness of it all and will be letting our APs expire quietly in early October. We likely won't be pulling a lot of park passes between now and then, if we do it will be decided day-of and just to stop in for a few hours to AK or EPCOT.

EPCOT-O.G.

It will be interesting to see if AP's show up to fill those slots, or if demand will level off.

One issue I foresee is that from the pool of local AP's that were interested in the first place, most have likely now had their opportunity to make the rounds. Out of those, there's going to be a good % that don't plan to make return visits... because masks, because limited offerings, because they've seen it all twice and had their fill... whatever the reasons. Add to that those that don't see the value in renewing as their APs start expiring, on top of no new sales open to replace lost numbers. All these things add up to the reality that this mythical pool of passholder demand to 'save' park attendance might not even be there.

I thought about that. It’s also a weird time because most are back in school and its a midweek trip (next Tuesday and Weds).

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes

In my personal case, we've had our fill. We've been to the parks, had our experiences, marveled at the surrealness of it all and will be letting our APs expire quietly in early October. We likely won't be pulling a lot of park passes between now and then, if we do it will be decided day-of and just to stop in for a few hours to AK or EPCOT.

That's not the case for me - I'm not sure I'll ever get tired of going. I live about 20 minutes from AK and I like going every weekend. I typically book a park reservation for every Sunday. But the other nice thing is, I don't have to spend the entire day at the park either. I went to EPCOT last Saturday from about 2p-8p and it was perfect.

I would LIKE to be able to pop over to a park after work sometime but once the parks start closing earlier, it just wouldn't make sense (I work 'til 5pm).

DCBaker

Premium Member
Looks like some more availability opened up again in all three buckets -

Screen Shot 2020-09-03 at 6.01.00 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-09-03 at 6.38.29 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-09-03 at 6.01.15 PM.png

Last edited:

DisneyCane

I’m curious to see if and how they keep the park hopping with park reservations.
I'm guessing the reason they aren't doing it is that since it would be a real time determination on availability (and therefore not guaranteed), they could only do it for Passholders. They can't sell a park hopper add on and then say you'll have to see if the park you want to hop to has availability. Since allowing Passholder hopping would not lead to very much revenue (for me they'd get some because I like to hop to Epcot just for food), it isn't worth allowing it.

It would be pretty simple to implement if they wanted to. Just let the software allow same day additional reservations be made by Passholders after a certain time.

JohnD

What's going on October 9-16 where DHS is blocked out to resort guests and ticket holders but AP holders have access to all parks October 13-15????

Gillyanne

What's going on October 9-16 where DHS is blocked out to resort guests and ticket holders but AP holders have access to all parks October 13-15????

12 Oct is a holiday for some, so maybe people just planned around that, but the APs are back to work the 13th?

Touchdown

I know this sounds like a way too simple but here’s an idea,

“We realize that during these difficult times many features you expect as part of a Walt Disney World vacation are not available due to safety. Due to this, we are offering park hopper free for a limited time. Your ability to park hop is subject to availability, and is not guaranteed. A limited amount of Hopper tickets will become available on the my Disney experience app at 1:00pm every day.“

Sounds simple, fair and pro customer right? That’s why Disney will never do it.

Tom Morrow

I'm seeing DHS as unavailable from October 9th through the 16th. I know the weekend through Monday could be due to Columbus Day, but what about the rest of the week would be causing that?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom