News Disney Park Pass System announced for Walt Disney World theme park reservations

nickys

Premium Member
What’s interesting is that park hours have been extended recently, but nearly all of them has been towards an earlier opening. Wonder why?
My guess is to avoid making the 6pm closing time at MK look an even worse deal on party nights. If the “normal” park closing time is an hour later then non-party goers lose more time.

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
My guess is to avoid making the 6pm closing time at MK look an even worse deal on party nights. If the “normal” park closing time is an hour later then non-party goers lose more time.
Ill be honest with you. I highly recommend going to the MK on party nights went twice park was even emptier than it was the entire time i was there… probably will
Have a better time and get more done than in a full day and if you have a hopper utilize it.

nickys

Premium Member
Ill be honest with you. I highly recommend going to the MK on party nights went twice park was even emptier than it was the entire time i was there… probably will
Have a better time and get more done than in a full day and if you have a hopper utilize it.
I agree.

But it doesn’t look good and it upsets a lot of people.

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
I agree.

But it doesn’t look good and it upsets a lot of people.
Optics are awful agreed heck they held a party on Labor day & didnt care… but ill say this especially those with younger kids.. 6pm close. Eat dinner at that time and next thing you know its 7-730 …

epcotWSC

Optics are awful agreed heck they held a party on Labor day & didnt care… but ill say this especially those with younger kids.. 6pm close. Eat dinner at that time and next thing you know its 7-730 …
I had considered doing this, but MK is the one park where we try to force the kids to stay up late and enjoy the fireworks. So from that perspective, it doesn't work out for us.

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
I had considered doing this, but MK is the one park where we try to force the kids to stay up late and enjoy the fireworks. So from that perspective, it doesn't work out for us.
Yes agreed fireworks are definitely an issue but if you have a park hopper you could always head there say on your AK day when that park closes

mysto

What’s interesting is that park hours have been extended recently, but nearly all of them has been towards an earlier opening. Wonder why?

My guess is that rope drop is so popular now that they are catering to those people. I'm sure the decision is "data driven" and there is a spike in attendance in the morning.

I'm certain the rope drop people are not dreaming of getting up even earlier, unintended consequences.

DCBaker

Premium Member
A look ahead at the Park Reservation calendar for Resort/Ticket Guests in October - EPCOT and Animal Kingdom are currently available for the entire month.

Screen Shot 2022-09-29 at 6.15.33 PM.png

The Annual Passholder calendar currently shows almost all dates open in October, except for the 1st (only Animal Kingdom available) and the 7th (only Magic Kingdom unavailable).

Screen Shot 2022-09-30 at 3.34.25 PM.png

Disney Glimpses

So when is that updated park system coming? Along with those 1pm hops?
1pm was a plan many months ago to try to slightly alleviate the issue. They couldn't make it work and scrapped it. Then, somewhat unrelated, they were ready to debut additional reservation slots. They too scrapped that.

As far as I know, the changes to the reservation system will come when AP sales resume towards the end of the year. The reason for the delay is so they can build out the necessary technical changes required.

I don't know what they are planning, only what they have brainstormed. The common theme was that resort and day ticketed guests would no longer need to make reservations nor would they have any hopping restrictions; but I honestly somewhat doubt that is still the case. Good ideas at Disney these days always seem to eventually get diluted by corporate bureaucracy.

Fido Chuckwagon

I don't know what they are planning, only what they have brainstormed. The common theme was that resort and day ticketed guests would no longer need to make reservations nor would they have any hopping restrictions; but I honestly somewhat doubt that is still the case. Good ideas at Disney these days always seem to eventually get diluted by corporate bureaucracy.
This was only a “good idea” if they like defending against class action lawsuits.

mikejs78

Premium Member
1pm was a plan many months ago to try to slightly alleviate the issue. They couldn't make it work and scrapped it. Then, somewhat unrelated, they were ready to debut additional reservation slots. They too scrapped that.

As far as I know, the changes to the reservation system will come when AP sales resume towards the end of the year. The reason for the delay is so they can build out the necessary technical changes required.

They sure are taking their sweet time with resuming AP sales...

arich35

They sure are taking their sweet time with resuming AP sales...
Sure would be nice for them to come back before our trip in December. We are planning on going back in May and possibly early December next year so would be awesome to convert our 10 day tickets this year into annual passes

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom