News Disney Park Pass System announced for Walt Disney World theme park reservations

DCBaker

Premium Member
When I log in to my account (Platinum Pass) it shows no availability for Oct 2 and Oct 3. But the availability calendar still shows availability. Are they handicapping legacy passholders?

That's odd. I just tried and it shows availability and allowed me to book a reservation on the 2nd at Epcot.

VelocityRaptor

That’s so weird. I tried on my laptop and my phone and still showing no availability. My fiancé also checked and it’s showing nothing

Attachments

• 718D9920-AD4C-47E0-8D63-3EB2FAA13234.png
    718D9920-AD4C-47E0-8D63-3EB2FAA13234.png
    63.7 KB · Views: 77

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
I wonder if they're thinking of going to a system where resort guests don't have to make specific reservations on specific days but only have to specify the first day of park visits and attach it to a ticket medium.
They probably wouldn't even have to for resort guests. Check-in date answers that question (close enough) for them.

This is basically the system they had in place prior to Park Pass. When you bought a ticket, you specified a "start date" for that ticket and you had X amount of days from that start date to use your Y amount of admissions.

jinx8402

They probably wouldn't even have to for resort guests. Check-in date answers that question (close enough) for them.

This is basically the system they had in place prior to Park Pass. When you bought a ticket, you specified a "start date" for that ticket and you had X amount of days from that start date to use your Y amount of admissions.
What if the thought is to tie the ticket price of a package to the start date.

For example, if you check in on a Friday for an 8 day stay with a 4 day ticket. Selecting Saturday as your first day will have a surcharge of X $. Selecting Monday will not have a surcharge since you are bypassing a weekend. But the surcharge would essentially be based on the date-priced tickets, essentially merging packages and date-based pricing for tickets.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
What if the thought is to tie the ticket price of a package to the start date.

For example, if you check in on a Friday for an 8 day stay with a 4 day ticket. Selecting Saturday as your first day will have a surcharge of X $. Selecting Monday will not have a surcharge since you are bypassing a weekend. But the surcharge would essentially be based on the date-priced tickets, essentially merging packages and date-based pricing for tickets.
They already do that, don't they?

I don't know, I've never purchased a package. I book room only and tickets separately.

DisneyCane

ap themepark select are blocked from epcot through this monday, cant even get in on a thursday?
I think it would be a much better customer experience to just limit APs to a maximum number of days per year instead of the reservation system. If they want to know what crowd level to expect they can keep requiring the reservations but just don't limit the inventory.

Disstevefan1

I think it would be a much better customer experience to just limit APs to a maximum number of days per year instead of the reservation system. If they want to know what crowd level to expect they can keep requiring the reservations but just don't limit the inventory.
Exactly! I would purchase in a minute an AP with as little as 15 anytime visits, no park pass reservations needed.

mikejs78

Premium Member
Exactly! I would purchase in a minute an AP with as little as 15 anytime visits, no park pass reservations needed.

The reason park passes exist is to manage attendance, and with FP+ gone they have no other way now to manage/plan for it.. If they gave anytime visits, that would not allow them to meet that goal.

peter11435

The reason park passes exist is to manage attendance, and with FP+ gone they have no other way now to manage/plan for it.. If they gave anytime visits, that would not allow them to meet that goal.
Park passes exist to manage attendance. But they absolutely do have ways to plan for attendance without Fastpass+/park pass. They could forecast park attendance with relatively high accuracy long before Fastpass+ was ever thought of

Disstevefan1

I don’t think park pass reservations has anything to do with FP+ or the lack of FP+.

FP+ was around for years before park pass reservations.

Park pass reservations was something Disney wanted to do for years and they used COVID as an excuse.

Park pass reservations allow Disney to have a minimum staff while charging MORE for attendance.

Provide less, charge more. It’s the Disney way.

The top tier AP with no blackouts, no longer means you can visit anytime anymore.

You want into a Disney park at anytime at a moments notice? You must buy a full price day ticket.

mikejs78

Premium Member
Park passes exist to manage attendance. But they absolutely do have ways to plan for attendance without Fastpass+/park pass. They could forecast park attendance with relatively high accuracy long before Fastpass+ was ever thought of

If they can easily forecast park attendance, and therefore staff accordingly, what's the end goal of Park Passes?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom