News Mobile Dining Check-In comes to My Disney Experience to eliminate podium check-in at restaurants

fngoofy

It will be very interesting to see how much they try to enforce the access to the resorts. If you’re staying at contemporary but are not allowed to take the boat over to Wilderness Lodge without a dining reservation for example.

The smartphone thing will be an issue with battery life if so much of the parks require them now. the Disney app drains it pretty fast for me.
They have fuel rod kiosks in WDW. One time $30 fee for free exchanges of power rods.

TrainsOfDisney

They have fuel rod kiosks in WDW. One time $30 fee for free exchanges of power rods.

I’m aware. I have a usb charger i used to bring to the parks with me, I personally don’t like carrying it around now that I don’t take my camera bag with me but I could always buy a mophie case or something.

Still, I should hope Disney’s answer won’t be “go buy a charger, it’s not Mickey’s problem”

WDW862

I’m aware. I have a usb charger i used to bring to the parks with me, I personally don’t like carrying it around now that I don’t take my camera bag with me but I could always buy a mophie case or something.

Still, I should hope Disney’s answer won’t be “go buy a charger, it’s not Mickey’s problem”
Most phones have fast charging these days too. Is it really too hard to find a place to sit down for 20 minutes and charge your phone?

Minthorne

Ages 18-29 4%
Ages 30-49 8%
Ages 50-64 21%
65+ 47% The crazy thing is that 91% of them have a phone, just not a smart phone. They have to dig deep to get that flip phone AT&T offers 2 an Alcatel and something called a Sonim. Even consumers cellular only has 2.

Source is Pew Research.

but how many of them travel to Disney World?

Jon81uk

It will be very interesting to see how much they try to enforce the access to the resorts. If you’re staying at contemporary but are not allowed to take the boat over to Wilderness Lodge without a dining reservation for example.

Will be interesting to see, its certainly possible that some of the boat services are cut back and they may only transport to the park.

But we are in the middle of a pandemic, travel to WDW itself isn't really essential and moving between resorts even less so.

NickPytlinski

I think most adults know that it's unwise at best to be that demanding to the waitstaff at any restaurant, even at Disney...

i meant this bit, but im pretty sure they were humouring the situation.

'I will also add. I live here and go to ohana at least once a month many times solo. I am not interested in conversation nor am I interested in looking at people dance nor am I interested in conversation. '

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
We frequently have seating requests at Cape May for dinner. A booth, and preferably with either Jan or Genesis as waitress/waiter.

aladdin2007

Why what does the host do besides tell you that you are 30 minutes early come back in 15 minutes so we can tell you to go sit and wait 30 minutes until the pager goes off. I am happy that they are doing away with the hostess because we don't have any special seating requests. special celebrations, special this that or the other thing requests and don't need to take up 10-15 minutes of the staffs time like the people we usually get behind. This just gets me to the Tambu Lounge faster.

Others might just because you don't.

wendysue

Ages 18-29 4%
Ages 30-49 8%
Ages 50-64 21%
65+ 47% The crazy thing is that 91% of them have a phone, just not a smart phone. They have to dig deep to get that flip phone AT&T offers 2 an Alcatel and something called a Sonim. Even consumers cellular only has 2.

Source is Pew Research.
Yep... although I'm not in the 65+ group, I'm one of those. I've had the same flip phone for 9 years. Works great-is cheap-never gets hacked and I don't have to get a neck ache from looking down at it all the time. Oh, and I am always paying attention to the people I'm with instead of staring at my phone. :)

Chip Chipperson

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom