Trip Report The "Did you schedule any bathroom breaks?" Trip report

Hello again everyone. I have one more trip to share :D.

When: December 9-17,2019
Where: Sports
Why: Celebrating my 45th (3 weeks after my official birthday but still counts right?)

Title of report is from a comment that one of my DH's friends made. I really like to make detailed plans whenever we go because well for me part of the fun is in the planning so I had made a speadsheet and I mistakenly shared it with my DH. He thought it would be funny to snap a pic of it and share it with his friends online. From there it became a running joke asking if I had scheduled any bathroom breaks :cautious: 😂.

I was really excited to be there that close to the holidays. This was our 5th trip to DW and we had seen MK decorated for Christmas around the first of November in 2014 but this time everything was looking very festive.

Monday, December 9th

We got up at a ridiculous hour (3:30am) and took a cab to the Airport for our 6am flight. I think I may have gotten 3 hours of sleep which is 3 hours more than I usually get before a trip to DW lol.

Said goodbye to our 2 furbabies. My mom was cat-sitting so I knew they would be well cared for during our absence.

001 (2) by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

I always take the same pic on the plane 🤷‍♀️.
01 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

DH took this lovely pic of my sleeping 😒.
02 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

And before we knew it (after customs and switching planes in Toronto) we had arrived in Orlando at approximately 1:30pm.

03 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

We stopped to get out Magic bands (as they do not ship to Canada) but we had already done online check-in so it was quick and painless. After we went straight to our room to freshen up a bit before heading to DS.

06 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

07 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

After 8+ hours of travel we were hungry so we went straight to WPE for a late lunch.

09 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr
The pizza was mine and yes I did eat the whole thing :hungry: plus dessert!

DH got his usual.
10 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

11 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

Once we were stuffed I needed to pick up a couple of Christmas ornaments for the tree. I bought my first one in 2011 on our 1st trip and each time we go back I add to my collection. But seeing that as I can only go once every 2-3 years I think that justifies me being allowed to buy more than one each time. So for this trip, since our last trip was 2 years ago, I bought 2 ornaments which means I now have 9 in total 😁.
12 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

13 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

We wandered around for a bit and then we took a cab to go shopping at the Vineland Premium Outlets. DH is a fan of Under Armour and I wanted to check out the Disney Outlet. Unfortunately we didn't end up finding anything of interest and we both just wanted to get back to the bubble. We may have been more than a little tired at this point as we did not take any more pictures for the day.

Last edited:

Beastly74

Original Poster
We almost had overlapping dates. We went home the evening of the 9th!
Aww that is cool. I had a chance to introduce myself to some people from this site when I saw them in Gaston's Tavern during this trip but I chickened out. I was by myself at the time and unfortunately I am really shy. My DH tends to help with my social anxiety. Someday it would be nice to meet up with some fellow WDWMagic trip reporters.

MickeyCB

After 8+ hours of travel we were hungry so we went straight to WPE for a late lunch.

09 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr
The pizza was mine and yes I did eat the whole thing :hungry: plus dessert!

DH got his usual.
Following along, and that pizza looks fabulous!
(Oh, to edit here, I'm also a spread sheet kind of gal)! So tell them to stuff it.
I got made fun of for this little beauty when we took my now son-in-law for the first time and were trying to cram a bunch of stuff into one day at AK and I was trying to minimize steps for my husband. Didn't live this down for a long time!
IMG_1704.JPG

Last edited:

Beastly74

Original Poster
Following along, and that pizza looks fabulous!
(Oh, to edit here, I'm also a spread sheet kind of gal)! So tell them to stuff it.
I got made fun of for this little beauty when we took my now son-in-law for the first time and were trying to cram a bunch of stuff into one day at AK and I was trying to minimize steps for my husband. Didn't live this down for a long time!
View attachment 476715
The pizza was delicious :).

The map is great lol. I love making lists and planning out details but we don't always stick to the plan and that is okay too 😊. This trip we definitely made a lot of changes to the original plan.

Beastly74

Original Poster
Tuesday, December 10th,

We got up early because HS was opening at 8am and we (like everyone else) wanted to be there to get a boarding pass for ROTR. The plan for the day was to stay at HS until 5-6pm and then park hop to Epcot. However, once we got to HS we found out that they had opened 30 minutes early but surprisingly there were still passes left so we managed to reserve one - #88. I naively thought: "no problem we will probably get on the ride by dinner and then we can make it to Epcot a little after 6." Hahaha-so naive 🤦‍♀️.

Early morning pic - view from our room
001 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

After that I didn't take any more pics (because we were too busy fighting with our phones) until we reached...
003 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr
We were both vibrating with anticipation lol.

Some of there pictures may be out of order (sorry!)
005 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

007 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

0008 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

0009 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

009 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

011 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

012 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

013 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

We were just wandering and trying to take everything in all at once - which is impossible.

Beastly74

Original Poster

Disneygoof21

Great pictures. Its weird seeing these pictures not knowing at the time how different "The World" would be the next time we get to return. I
like you am a planner but have had to tone it down because my husband likes to fly by the seat of his pants 😝so ready to go back.

Beastly74

Original Poster
Next up I had managed to get reservations for Oga's Cantina. It was still pretty early-about 9:30am.

028 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

We had a (standing only) table right in front of DJ Droid RX-24
029 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

Unfortunately the couple who shared the table with us complained about everything the entire time so that made the experience less than stellar. They thought they should be able to have a table with chairs because they had made reservations, the drinks were too expensive, the food choices were limited and when they got their food they didn't care for it :rolleyes:. Because of them we didn't stay the full allotted time. I am pretty easy going but that drives me crazy when people are chronic complainers. Do some research people then you would have known what to expect.

031 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

033 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

034 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

0035 (1) by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

0035 (2) by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

I have no idea what we got to drink but DH's bubbled :D.
0035 (4) by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

0035 (5) by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

Last edited:

Beastly74

Original Poster
Great pictures. Its weird seeing these pictures not knowing at the time how different "The World" would be the next time we get to return. I
like you am a planner but have had to tone it down because my husband likes to fly by the seat of his pants 😝so ready to go back.
Thank-you :D.
My husband thinks I am crazy as I have already been planning our next trip which isn't until May 2022 lol. Never would have thought how much things were going to change when we were just there in December.

Beastly74

Original Poster

fractal

Next up I had managed to get reservations for Oga's Cantina. It was still pretty early-about 9:30am.

028 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

We had a (standing only) table right in front of DJ Droid RX-24
029 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

Unfortunately the couple who shared the table with us complained about everything the entire time so that made the experience less than stellar. They thought they should be able to have a table with chairs because they had made reservations, the drinks were too expensive, the food choices were limited and when they got their food they didn't care for it :rolleyes:. Because of them we didn't stay the full allotted time. I am pretty easy going but that drives me crazy when people are chronic complainers. Do some research people then you would have known what to expect.

031 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

033 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

034 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

0035 (1) by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

0035 (2) by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

I have no idea what we got to drink but DH's bubbled :D.
0035 (4) by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

0035 (5) by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

I despise people like that!

Beastly74

Original Poster
We watched a short parade and then walked around the park and took some pictures of the Christmas decorations. HS actually turned out to be my favourite park when it came to being decorated for the holidays.

076 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

077 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

078 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

081 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

061 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

062 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

063 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

066 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

067 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

068 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

Beastly74

Original Poster
I hope no one minds but I thought I would share some pics from a beautiful place that we visited today. It is called The Hopewell Rocks and it has some of the highest tides in the World. It is only about a 45 minute drive from our place. We actually got married here 18 years ago :D.

Stairs to get down to the sea floor.
DSC02738 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

View from the stairs
DSC02740 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

DSC02673 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

The rock formations have been formed by the constant tides and are also referred to as flower pots.
DSC02681 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

DSC02683 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

Just a few hours before we arrived this was all underwater.
DSC02692 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

My brother and mom walking
DSC02702 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

DSC02709 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

DH and my brother waiting for mom and I :).
DSC02716 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

DH and I were fascinated at how the trees were clinging to the cliffs.
DSC02674 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

Beastly74

Original Poster
On the top left-hand side of the front rock formation there is a family of peregrine falcons - the parents and 2 fledglings.
DSC02719 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

It was tough but I did manage to get a few not-so-great pics of them
DSC02720 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

DSC02730 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

DSC02734 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

Attempting take-off!
DSC02735 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

There are quite a few areas that have been blocked off because of falling rocks.
DSC02725 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

Me standing in front of a "flower pot" for size comparison. Notice the seaweed covering the bottom.
DSC02726 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

I thought this looked like a really grumpy face lol.
DSC02729 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

Heading back
DSC02731 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

I thought this was neat - a fallen rock wedged in between two bigger rocks
DSC02737 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

I really enjoyed visiting such an amazing place again :).

Almost forgot - Happy Father's Day!!!

Beastly74

Original Poster
Back to the regularly scheduled trip report 😁.

After walking around we were hungry again so we stopped for lunch. HS is seriously lacking in good quick service locations.

0000083 (1) by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

Fried shrimp and fries for me
0000083 (3) by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

And DH got a burger
0000083 (4) by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

Both were decent meals and I was impressed with the amount of shrimp I got (there were more under the fries). So this was the first trip that I had been on since I have changed my diet. In the fall of 2017 I gave up eating meat but I still eat seafood which makes me a pescatarian. I have a hard time pronouncing that so I just say that I follow a mainly vegetarian diet but I will occasionally eat seafood. Normally I rarely eat fish but on this trip I ate way more than usual, although I did try to include meals that were vegetarian as well.

Once we were finished lunch it was finally time for our 1st FP. It was 1pm and we had been at HS for 5 hours and had still not been on a ride 😲.

As you can see we really didn't need a FP.
0083 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

083 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

We walked right past this lovely sight 😭
084 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

But we were headed here so it was all good...FP #2
085 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

086 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

087 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom