Has your resort reservation been changed yet? To what resort?

allymonkey

Original Poster
Just curious how many people have already received notification from Disney that their upcoming resort reservation will be changed to another resort. What report were you originally booked at and to which reservation did Disney move you?

surfsupdon

Caribbean Beach water view changed into 2bedroom preferred at Saratoga Springs.
BoardWalk Inn garden view changed into 1beroom preferred at BoardWalk Villas.

We decided to cancel because the Parks will not be open.

AugieMorosco

Is your trip in july august or later?

July 6-7.

I'm in a complicated spot. I booked July 7-16 at Pop with free dining. Then we wanted to do villains on the 6th, so we booked a single day reservation for the 6th at Pop and were hoping to just keep the same room. So now I have two reservations: a single day and a 10 day that half overlaps the reopening.I went ahead and confirmed the 6th and grabbed ADRs at Topolinos and Sanaa. Figure if that's all I keep, it's a fun overnight trip.

Tomorrow I find out what I can do with the overlap dates. Even discounted that much, I'm not sure I want to pay for 9 nights when only the last few will have parks open, and DHS will only be open the last 2 days. Doubt they'll let me truncate the trip without rebooking and paying the difference, but hoping.

mpostak

We were going to CBR July 27th to august 4. Then we decided we are going to drive from ohio through the night and not stay at a hotel halfway. So then we decided to leave the 25th and arrive 26th. So we have a one day at pop followed by 8 nights at cbr. We are wondering if we will get bumped to 2 different places when that time comes. Now the difference is our entire trip has all 4 parks open so we will see

mpostak

So now Caribbean Beach opens July 29th or 2 days into our 8 nights there. It will be interesting if we have 2 nights moved and the final 6 days at CBR or if it will be a full change of location for the entire 8 nights

fbp

We have Sept booked at POFQ. Have had our dining plan and dining reservations cancelled, but havent heard annnnnnnything from Disney yet.

mf1972

we’re booked for POFQ for oct/nov. haven’t heard anything yet, but saw on port orleans.org that both resorts are closed through late october

Mainahman

ON a chat with disney now. They cant help me., so putting me in the queue to get a call back. I just want to know what the deal is, will i have to pay them more because they chose to keep my resort closed etc. Lets see where this goes.

nickys

Premium Member
So in case you hadn’t seen it, they have announced certain resorts are opening and the planned dates they will open up until mid October.

In general, if you have to be moved and accept what is offered to you, with no date or resort changes you should not have to pay. If however you contact them and ask what is available, they will treat that as a modification and charge you accordingly.

They are now saying you can contact them if your resort is not going to be open for your dates. So my advice is to ensure when you call you make it clear that you are wondering where you will be moved to and let them tell you!

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom