Will there be a Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party this year?

Disney Crazed

Original Poster
So my family is going in September and I haven't heard what the plans are for the Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party. I hope it is a go because it has always been one of the most fun times for my family. What do you all think and if you think it will go off do you think it will have a lot taken out of it?

JohnD

At the moment, if you click on the Special Events tickets link on the WDW website, you are redirected to the COVID 19 changes page. So no indication of parties at this point.

Herdman

So my family is going in September and I haven't heard what the plans are for the Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party. I hope it is a go because it has always been one of the most fun times for my family. What do you all think and if you think it will go off do you think it will have a lot taken out of it?
We have tickets for late October and as of now they are still valid. Only time will tell what version we will get by the time that date rolls around. I certainly would expect no parade or fireworks when the parties start in August, but we will see.

Disney Crazed

Original Poster
We have tickets for late October and as of now they are still valid. Only time will tell what version we will get by the time that date rolls around. I certainly would expect no parade or fireworks when the parties start in August, but we will see.
I agree with you in the beginning like August the parade and fireworks with be out. Those are the best things.

JohnD

I still have a ticket in my shopping cart. I was able to get to the check out page. I suppose I could still purchase the ticket if I wanted to. But anyone else can't purchase one at this time.

Disney Crazed

Original Poster
I still have a ticket in my shopping cart. I was able to get to the check out page. I suppose I could still purchase the ticket if I wanted to. But anyone else can't purchase one at this time.
Yeah my parents got the tickets already and I guess I just want it to be like the MNSSHP I have been to in the past. They have been so much fun. The parade and fireworks are the best.

JohnD

Yeah my parents got the tickets already and I guess I just want it to be like the MNSSHP I have been to in the past. They have been so much fun. The parade and fireworks are the best.

I could fork over the $115 for 10/20 so I would be out for that much right now but it might still hold me a spot. They say they are suspending "all ticket sales" for now. So either one of two things would happen: the party is still back on for anyone who purchased a ticket (or managed to have one in the shopping cart, like me) before suspension of sales or the ticket will be refunded if the party doesn't happen. I say just hold on to it. The worst case is you'll get a refund for a party you can't go to.

Mainahman

From what has been reported in the past they have said at this time, parties are on, but they wont be selling anymore tickets. We have opening night, so were waiting to hear more, but ive seen from a couple travel agents they are still on at this time.

JIMINYCR

They are probably waiting to see what the effects of opening will be and how things progress. They have time to evaluate the results of guests in the parks and could then send out a cancelation of the event and refunds for those tickets that have been sold.

Disney Crazed

Original Poster
I could fork over the $115 for 10/20 so I would be out for that much right now but it might still hold me a spot. They say they are suspending "all ticket sales" for now. So either one of two things would happen: the party is still back on for anyone who purchased a ticket (or managed to have one in the shopping cart, like me) before suspension of sales or the ticket will be refunded if the party doesn't happen. I say just hold on to it. The worst case is you'll get a refund for a party you can't go to.
I think like the other poster said @Herdman maybe the early events like in August could be canceled and then by September- November 1 they might be a go. It seems to be smart to hold onto them.

JohnD

Too late! I tried purchasing the ticket in the shopping cart. I wasn't able to. Oh well.

Mainahman

They are probably waiting to see what the effects of opening will be and how things progress. They have time to evaluate the results of guests in the parks and could then send out a cancellation of the event and refunds for those tickets that have been sold.
also Universal has stated Hollywood Horror Nights will go on with their new tracking app. I could see Disney using this new reservation system for spots for fireworks, or for boo To you since they run that twice. They may just limit further tickets sold etc. We have opening night, so ill report back if i hear anything as we get closer.

Disney Crazed

Original Poster
also Universal has stated Hollywood Horror Nights will go on with their new tracking app. I could see Disney using this new reservation system for spots for fireworks, or for boo To you since they run that twice. They may just limit further tickets sold etc. We have opening night, so ill report back if i hear anything as we get closer.
Thanks I will be looking to see how it works.

JIMINYCR

My DS and his friend are planning on going to the Uni event. They attended last years and had a blast. Ive been invited along this year but unsure if I can get away.

Mainahman

Thanks I will be looking to see how it works.
NO problem! We had to move our July 5th trip further back. We just happened to do it like a month ago, so we were able to still grab MNSSHP tickets. That was our silver lining for having to move it back. Glad we did as wed be cancelled now with the opening plans. Im sure Disney will say more as we get closer. We arrive August 9th and the 13th is the party.

Disney Crazed

Original Poster
NO problem! We had to move our July 5th trip further back. We just happened to do it like a month ago, so we were able to still grab MNSSHP tickets. That was our silver lining for having to move it back. Glad we did as wed be cancelled now with the opening plans. Im sure Disney will say more as we get closer. We arrive August 9th and the 13th is the party.
The MNSSHP is one of my families most fun times. Me and my sisters have a blast.

Disney Crazed

Original Poster
Did our first one this past september my wife and I. When it was time to take my first pair of Niece and Nephew, we thought " hey we have to move it back lets add the party because we can"
My mom and dad love it almost just as much as me and my younger sisters. I think it is my 8 year old sisters favorite thing when we go during that time. Lots of my friends laugh at me cuz I don’t get off of school when it snows b/c I and my sisters are home schooled but we get to do fun stuff like go to WDW all year around.

drizgirl

The Halloween parties are about special fireworks, shows, parade and character meets. I'm not sure any of those things can happen with social distancing. Well, I guess fur characters could meet, but that's not a lot for what they charge.

Disney Crazed

Original Poster
The Halloween parties are about special fireworks, shows, parade and character meets. I'm not sure any of those things can happen with social distancing. Well, I guess fur characters could meet, but that's not a lot for what they charge.
You are right that is what makes the MNSSHP so fun. If they take that stuff out it would be kind of a waste. It would just be a really expensive extra magic hours and where guest can dress up in costume.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom