News Disney Springs Begins Phased Reopening on May 20

chama1

Since Disney Springs is now fully open, I think, and the crowds are getting larger, during the weekend....will there be more parking areas?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Since Disney Springs is now fully open, I think, and the crowds are getting larger, during the weekend....will there be more parking areas?
Not likely. Parking is how they purposefully limit attendance. Disney doesn't want packed walkways. And the stores and restaurant are also at a state-mandated reduced capacity limiting the number of people. Opening up new parking would just add long lines outside all the businesses.

techgeek

Not likely. Parking is how they purposefully limit attendance. Disney doesn't want packed walkways. And the stores and restaurant are also at a state-mandated reduced capacity limiting the number of people. Opening up new parking would just add long lines outside all the businesses.

Slight clarification there, per the Governor’s executive order from a few days ago, there are no longer state mandates on any retail or restaurant. Disney as property owner is continuing to mandate capacity requirements, temp screening, and mask usage and there have been no major changes to the way the Springs has been operating since reopening.

I was there for lunch yesterday, crowds were sparse at noon but slowly building through the early afternoon. When we arrived at 11:30 only the Orange garage was open.

chama1

Thanks....I'll just get there a little earlier then usual....if that's the only parking we can use it will reach it's car limitation quicker, with this mandate lifted....

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Slight clarification there, per the Governor’s executive order from a few days ago, there are no longer state mandates on any retail or restaurant. Disney as property owner is continuing to mandate capacity requirements, temp screening, and mask usage and there have been no major changes to the way the Springs has been operating since reopening.

I was there for lunch yesterday, crowds were sparse at noon but slowly building through the early afternoon. When we arrived at 11:30 only the Orange garage was open.
Whoops. Forgot about that.

Yeah, Disney's enforcing their own capacity limits.

disneygeek90

Drove over tonight hoping to grab a bite to eat and its packed. Seems like it’s been at capacity for a few hours. Tons of cars driving around the area and police blocking the garages.

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Wednesday, November 18, 2020. Opening last Friday (November 13) the Pearl Factory is located in the same kiosk where it was previously.

IMG_3229.JPG

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
No, but if the decision were covid-related I don't see why indoor masks leave before hour cuts....
I’m guessing that the operating participants have told Disney they still don’t have the staff to extend the hours like that. I’m sure if they could, they would.

Disstevefan1

Covid isn’t over yet

Whatever time DS closes is purely a business decision made by Disney. Closing DS early reduces costs for Disney, like so many other cost cutting decisions Disney made in the name of COVID.

You do have to wonder, DS is a glorified mall with tenants. I have to imagine in the lease DS must agree to be open some minimum hours, but who knows, perhaps the lease contracts are heavily one sided to Disney because location, location, location..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom