The AP extension thread

durangojim

Original Poster
Not sure if this is posted somewhere else currently but it might be helpful for those of us who have APs to see how long our expiration dates will be extended based on park closures. I’ll update as necessary. As of today 5/1/20 there will be an extra 68 days added to our APs.

durangojim

Original Poster
UPDATE as of 5/6/20. With cancellations at WDW occurring through 5/31/20, APs will now be extended for an additional 76 days.
That is all...Breckenridge
If any of you can tell me what my last line is from and how it pertains to Disney, I'll give you unlimited internet points, or at least a like.

nickys

Premium Member
UPDATE as of 5/6/20. With cancellations at WDW occurring through 5/31/20, APs will now be extended for an additional 76 days.
That is all...Breckenridge
If any of you can tell me what my last line is from and how it pertains to Disney, I'll give you unlimited internet points, or at least a like.

Well would that be a quote from a Donald Duck movie involving an escaped gorilla?

(OK, I admit, I cheated :cautious: ).

YorkshireT

I hope they do something for us international pass holders- we buy to coincide with 2-3 trips in a year, and it looks like most of this year is out on planes from UK thus missing our dates entirely meaning it was a monumental waste of cash.

KikoKea

I'm wondering if they go with a reservation system like Shanghai, will they count that time as being "open" despite some people not being able to go if they can't get a reservation. Or, if WDW opens with a park/buffets/shows, etc not open- questionable value for many. I'd like the AP extension to go until everything is open, barring the usual amount of refurbs.

thomas998

I hope they do something for us international pass holders- we buy to coincide with 2-3 trips in a year, and it looks like most of this year is out on planes from UK thus missing our dates entirely meaning it was a monumental waste of cash.
I don't expect them to do anything special for international visitors. In the future it is usually best to only get an AP when you aren't a local if you can justify it with the trip you have planned, doing it based on an expectation of your current trip and an additional trip is always risky. The prices of the AP's have gotten so high now and the discounts so far and few between for APers that I'm really surprised anyone can make them work that doesn't live in the Florida area.

dreamfinder912

I'm wondering if they go with a reservation system like Shanghai, will they count that time as being "open" despite some people not being able to go if they can't get a reservation. Or, if WDW opens with a park/buffets/shows, etc not open- questionable value for many. I'd like the AP extension to go until everything is open, barring the usual amount of refurbs.

For Shanghai the APs will extend to the end of the reservation period...like they'll keep adding the day's they're open but requiring everyone to get a reservation to use their ticket in addition to the days they were closed. So if they're closed for 60 days and then another 60 days of reservation system you'd have another 120 days on your ticket.

KikoKea

For Shanghai the APs will extend to the end of the reservation period...like they'll keep adding the day's they're open but requiring everyone to get a reservation to use their ticket in addition to the days they were closed. So if they're closed for 60 days and then another 60 days of reservation system you'd have another 120 days on your ticket.

Thanks. That's good.

YorkshireT

I don't expect them to do anything special for international visitors. In the future it is usually best to only get an AP when you aren't a local if you can justify it with the trip you have planned, doing it based on an expectation of your current trip and an additional trip is always risky. The prices of the AP's have gotten so high now and the discounts so far and few between for APers that I'm really surprised anyone can make them work that doesn't live in the Florida area.
No UK visitor could ever justify that basis for an AP as even 21 day UK park hoppers with golf and water parks are under $500. So basically on that logic Disney will never, ever sell an AP to a foreign visitor.
UK visitors have already reported Universal saying they will take it from the date the flights can come in (when called and asked) with one person reporting they said they’d extend it to their next trip.

correcaminos

No UK visitor could ever justify that basis for an AP as even 21 day UK park hoppers with golf and water parks are under $500. So basically on that logic Disney will never, ever sell an AP to a foreign visitor.
UK visitors have already reported Universal saying they will take it from the date the flights can come in (when called and asked) with one person reporting they said they’d extend it to their next trip.
Honestly international travel should have nothing to do with this at the moment. I try for 2 trips a year and both will be cancelled likely. No different. Just because you get insane good PH deals, doesn't mean they are obligated to do anything. As of right now I have an AP renewal I paid for that I might not get to use this year. If you cannot fly at all due to travel restrictions, I understand, but for the time we are all in the same boat.

thomas998

I forgot all about the UK having access to longer tickets than we do in the US. In the US the longest ticket you can get is 10 days which means of you want to do a 2 week vacation there you either get a AP or pick some days to go to universal while you are there.

surfsupdon

I keep hoping for a bonus extension to the passes as well. We get the closed days added on and then an extra few months.
Get me in the Parks to buy stuff. I am not the biggest souvenir guy, but I do spend a lot on food.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom