News Disney begins selling cloth face masks featuring Disney characters

Gillyanne

First batch came in today. Ordered 20 May, at order time they were estimated to be available 15 July. First pending charge showed up about 10 July (never cleared), shipping confirmation came 20 July (and 2nd pending that cleared).

Ordered large and they seem to fit me. One of them appears to be larger than the rest by about 1cm, but I noticed it's pleats don't seem to be spaced as well as the others (kinda smaller in size and central on the mask) so I think it's a matter of how well that part is sewn. They all appear to be the same overall height when pulled. A few are maybe 2cm shorter across the face but not enough that it didn't fit right.

Teal one seems the smallest of them height wise, Frozen is the largest and has the uneven pleats, the pink (under the teal) seems to be one of the smallest across. I think I captured this well enough to convey :)

IMG_20200727_182550815.jpg

Furiated

Finally got mine today. After hearing horror stories, I was afraid of what the quality would be on mine. Overall, I'm pretty happy with them, they are a nice material and stretchy and comfy and fit well. Except one. I got the character 4-pack (Mickey, Stitch, etc) and those are all fine, and I got the Marvel 4-pack. One of the Marvel ones is a bit smaller than the others and a bit too tight. I'll have to see if I can stretch it out a bit. Other than that, they fit well.

The tag on the inside is crazy, I don't know why they felt the need to put that in there, I haven't run across that on any other masks I have, novelty or otherwise. Those will definitely be coming out.

Ariel_x33

I received my Mickey and Minnie Large pack yesterday and I ordered on July 10. Still waiting for the Mickey and Minnie Extra large pack.

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
I ordered mine in March, and got bout 10 days ago, but at order it did say will ship July 15th and that was about it. It said something about Disney donating a million or so, not sure how big the factory in the Honduras is but that's a lot of masks!

I just washed mine and hung to dry, I ordered large and they seem good for me.....I have a smaller thin face though, think if I were to get some for the men in my family I would go extra large. Can't wait to wear them! I find them comfy and when you hold up to sunlight I cannot see through them. Oh yeah, those tags rip out easy peasy, prior to washing I pulled them off. ;)

If you have not received yours yet, you will get an email when they ship. I checked back at disneyshopping and they had no record of my order in early July when I was wondering if they shipped.....not sure how they process that. YES and one style in my two packs both were a bit more generous than the others for same "size"...…😷

Last edited:

Chip Chipperson

We got ours last week and they seem to fit okay. My wife wore one to Target yesterday and said it was warm. They're definitely a heavier material than the FOCO masks I ordered from Fanatics.com. I suppose the Disney masks will be more comfortable in the cold weather months than our other masks, though. I definitely recommend only washing them in cold water or there will definitely be some shrinkage.

Ariel_x33

Extra large mickey and Minnie masks shipped yesterday, let's see when they will get here. When I ordered the extra large pack it said shipment date was August 26 so it actually shipped earlier than expected.

Gillyanne

I ordered 20 masks in April, and received them maybe 2 weeks ago. Ordered all Mediums, and only 2 of these masks measured over 3", the others all measure in the 2" range. My daughter sent a seething email, which I thought was pointless but I will credit Disney....they refunded me for my entire mask purchase.

Did they have you send them back or anything? I realized a bunch of my masks were uneven in that one side would be 1-1.5 CM different in length making them not fit right (didn't notice on the first batch b/c fewer of them were "off") so I sent an email to Disney (8/5). I was just hoping for a partial refund or a GC or something b/c I'm confident I can stitch them to even them up. After about 2 weeks (8/20) I finally got a reply but it seemed like it was just some canned response about adjusting orders. I sent a replay saying that's not what i'm asking, it's the quality of the masks that's the issue, not just me ordering the wrong size blah blah, I'd accept a $20 Gift Card etc (still no response on that one). Then when I looked at my C/C transactions last night, I realized my entire mask order was refunded dated the same date as the emails (as a refund it didn't show up on the day it happened) so I'm not sure if it was done w/ their initial response, or after my reply. Either way I have yet to receive an email about it and if they expect anything from me... If you got to keep them, I'll go on with stitching them up.

Ariel_x33

Our extra large Mickey and Minnie masks arrived on Saturday. The physical mask is the exact same size as the large size, however, the ear hoops are a bit longer.

Ariel_x33

XL on top. L on bottom.

Both fresh out of the wash but I have used the bottom L size since I got it and hand stretched the loops. XL is unused and unstretched.

XL feels a lot better on my ears.

View attachment 492846
Crazy to see how it varies by the different masks, the Mickey and Minnie ones are the same size just bigger ear loops. Maybe because I haven't washed either the large or extra large yet?

disneygeek90

Crazy to see how it varies by the different masks, the Mickey and Minnie ones are the same size just bigger ear loops. Maybe because I haven't washed either the large or extra large yet?
Be careful washing them. I had a random Large that was more like an XL but after a wash and in the dryer it did shrink a bit. For the ones already fitting well, I'm not putting them in the dryer.

EngineerMom

We got the masks. Measured faces before ordering however they were still on the small side.
The Large mask fits my face fine but is a bit tight on the ear loops....hurts my ears if I wear it too long. All the other masks we have the loops are elastic so they stretch and don't pull so much so this is disappointing.

I would say they run small.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom