How far would you go to get your Disney fix?

HongKongFooy

Original Poster
Given:
Disneyland Resort and WDW permanently close but the other 6 parks and resorts in France, China, Hong Kong and Japan remain safely operational....it's business as usual.

Would you travel to other countries to satisfy your Disney appetite?

JIMINYCR

I'm biting at the bit to get back to a Disney park for so many reasons, but even though the desire is there, I'd rather wait for the all clear for WDW to reopen. I think at this point I'd be more concerned about the proper sanitizing of other countries areas, the chances of becoming sick in a foreign country and relying on their medical facilities if that happened and being that far from home right now. My feeling of being here is more comforting than chancing a trip abroad, even if its Disney or not.

Weather_Lady

No.

Candidly, if I want a "Disney fix," there are a thousand high-definition park walkthroughs and attraction POVs online for me to choose from. I can turn off all the lights, cast them right to my big TV and pretend I'm really there, risk-free. :)

HongKongFooy

Original Poster
I'd say my Disney park addiction is more or less full blown and likely stronger than most on this site. Assuming a permanently closed WDW and DLR I'd certainly go overseas to get my fix. No question whatsover.

Now if Shanghai were the only Disney park available I might be able to say no; but even that would be a real trial not succumbing to my dependency.

Pepper's Ghost

I'd say my Disney park addiction is more or less full blown and likely stronger than most on this site. Assuming a permanently closed WDW and DLR I'd certainly go overseas to get my fix. No question whatsover.

Now if Shanghai were the only Disney park available I might be able to say no; but even that would be a real trial not succumbing to my dependency.

"HongKongFool-y" my friend. You keep looking for anyone to share your unbreakable passion. 😁 I respect your passion immensely, but I think so many of us would rather live... call us Goofy. 🤪 My guess is that you're also an avid skydiver, wingsuit flier, and cliff climber (without a harness OF COURSE)! 👍 LOL. Gotta tell you... I'm a big fan of yours despite not agreeing with you on this point.

HongKongFooy

Original Poster
Thanks, Thanks, Ghost.
But I'm no daredevil: no mountain climbing, hang gliding, cave scuba diving.

The most "dangerous" thing I have ever done was swim with banded sea kraits(perhaps a top 5 most venomous snake in the world) in the South China Sea.

JimW

Premium Member
There's a bit of ambiguity in your question that I think might be coloring people's answers: are you talking in the current state of the world with COVID-19, or more of a theoretical scenario in which the US parks ceased to exist?

Because if the question is: Would you go to one of the non-US parks if they re-opened and the US parks remained closed indefinitely because of the virus? It's a hard no from me.

However, if the question is: If in a completely hypothetical scenario the US parks ceased to operate/exist, would you go abroad to a Disney park? My answer would be absolutely, but it wouldn't be the sole purpose of my trip. The wife and I will one go to Japan one day, and that will include at a minimum Tokyo DisneySea, but it would be in addition to other reasons we're going. It wouldn't be the only thing we go see, nor would I necessarily give up seeing other things to go there.

Hopefully that makes sense...

HongKongFooy

Original Poster
are you talking in the current state of the world with COVID-19, or more of a theoretical scenario in which the US parks ceased to exist?

Thanks for asking

I did say on my opening post that we assume(given) that all foreign parks are safe and business as usual........thus, obviously this would mean a non coronaish type global environment.

My question was a hypothetical whereby there is no more USA Disney(not because of any specific reason, I merely just stipulated that WDW and DLR are closed forever) only foreign.

I ask this question because many on here have never been to any of the 6 foreign parks and I remember reading posters who claim they do not realistically see themselves ever going to the foreign parks. And yet out of that group some appear to be long term 'addicts'. I'm speaking in generalities here based on reading thousands of posts.

Animaniac93-98

I ask this question because many on here have never been to any of the 6 foreign parks and I remember reading posters who claim they do not realistically see themselves ever going to the foreign parks. And yet out of that group some appear to be long term 'addicts'. I'm speaking in generalities here based on reading thousands of posts.

There are many of those people on these forums and elsewhere, and they're often willing to pay whatever Disney asks for accommodation, extra ticket events, dessert parties etc....sometimes multiple times a year. They have deep pockets and are vocal about their fandom.

I'll be polite and say they have...differences in attitudes towards international travel in general.

Animaniac93-98

For me visiting WDW or DLR is an international flight/vacation to begin with. Not much of a leap for me to fly to some other foreign country.

HongKongFooy

Original Poster
I'll be polite and say they have...differences in attitudes towards international travel in

You're pretty much tapping into why I'm asking. Some addicts have been outright hostile towards touring foreign parks due to their overwhelming devotion to WDW.

"Why would I go there(Tokyo); they got the same thing only 2 parks instead of our 4"

"the flight is too long and I'd have to save up and plan for that....besides I'm a bit nervous taking my 2 year old to another country. Flying to MCO is easy and besides we always go to O'Hana"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom