Questions About Boulder Creek Villas

Andrew_Animatronic

Original Poster
Recently, our family has booked an August trip, and our friends who we are planning to meet up with often were only able to book a room at The Campsites at Fort Wilderness. In order to facilitate things, we are looking to stay at Boulder Creek Villas at the Wilderness Lodge Resort, but we have a few questions. What is this resort like (we usually stay at either Saratoga or Old Key West), what are the transportation options to the parks/Downtown Disney, and is it. possible to walk/bus from the Campsites to the Lodge?

nickys

Premium Member
You can’t walk to FW anymore, due to the Reflections building prep work between the two resorts. But there is a boat, actually two boats as they go opposite ways around Bay Lake. And you can also get a bus.

Transport to parks and DS is by bus, plus a boat to MK. The resort is gorgeous. Boulder Ridge is the new name for the original DVC villas at WL, so are in their own building.

Andrew_Animatronic

Original Poster
You can’t walk to FW anymore, due to the Reflections building prep work between the two resorts. But there is a boat, actually two boats as they go opposite ways around Bay Lake. And you can also get a bus.

So the boats go from FW/Cabins to Wilderness Lodge? Do they stop at any of the other Bay Lake resorts, like Contemporary?

nickys

Premium Member
So the boats go from FW/Cabins to Wilderness Lodge? Do they stop at any of the other Bay Lake resorts, like Contemporary?

Yes. Those boats also stop at the Contemporary. That’s the only other Bay Lake Resort btw. One goes clockwise, the other goes anti/counter clockwise around the lake. That’s one of my favourite things to do in the whole of WDW, sitting on the boat for a while circuit plus. Ending up at WL for coffee & cupcake sitting in the lobby.

The boat to MK is a separate route which skips the Contemporary.

nickys

Premium Member
Just noticed your thread title.

There are two “sets” of DVC villas at WL.

Boulder Ridge Villas are the original ones, in the separate building. Copper Creek Villas are one wing of the actual resort building, which were re-purposed into DVC villas. Not sure which you are booked at. Both have access to all WL facilities.

eliza61nyc

Wilderness lodge is one of my favorite resorts. It is one of the best designed resorts. Now some folks feel that its a bit "dark". the color palette is browns, greens and deep earth colors. Like @nickys, the boats are my favorite transportation. soothing.
DSC_0228.JPG

DSC_0226.JPG

correcaminos

Wilderness lodge is one of my favorite resorts. It is one of the best designed resorts. Now some folks feel that its a bit "dark". the color palette is browns, greens and deep earth colors. Like @nickys, the boats are my favorite transportation. soothing.
View attachment 458270
View attachment 458271
That might be true of Boulder Ridge Villas, but the Copper Creek rooms are very bright and light!

We also enjoy the boat rides to and from Ft Wilderness and Bay Lake/Contemporary. Also while the path is closed at the end, it wouldn't be my choice to go for food or visits anyway due to where it left you off.

MickeyCB

We are DVC at the Poly, but we love Boulder Ridge. These are some photos from our recent November stay there in a villa.
IMG_0125.JPG

Walkway in the back of the resort to the boat dock. I agree with the posters above, the boat transportation is one of our favorite parts of this resort.
IMG_0128.JPG

IMG_0236.JPG

View from the room.
IMG_0231.JPG

Simba’s Mom

We did a split stay once between BRV and OKW, way back in the day when it was called the Wilderness Lodge Villas. But I can still remember that at BRV, if you sat on your balcony, you were wide open to all the other balconies, so if your neighbors were on their balcony, you could easily carry on a conversation with all of them. I didn't get that "naked to the world" feeling on the balcony at OKW. Frankly, after that stay, we sold our BRV points and bought at OKW. The balcony situation was just part of our decision.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
@Andrew_Animatronic note that there is currently no transportation option between WL and Ft. Wilderness. Neither the bus nor boat linking the two resorts are operating. You cannot get from WL to the Contemporary via boat either. Just an FYI since things have changed from your original post back in March! ;)

Andrew_Animatronic

Original Poster
@Andrew_Animatronic note that there is currently no transportation option between WL and Ft. Wilderness. Neither the bus nor boat linking the two resorts are operating. You cannot get from WL to the Contemporary via boat either. Just an FYI since things have changed from your original post back in March! ;)
Thanks, sadly we had to cancel our plans due to the quarantine restrictions of NY. Planning on next May though!

EpcotCenter82

So I guess that the only way to get to the Contemporary would be take a boat to the Magic Kingdom then walk or monorail?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom