[COVID-19] DCL Sailings Canceled

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
1605201123947.png

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
It's interesting to watch this vlog and see how they are surprised there could be people with covid on the ship. To me it seems inevitable given that it is out of control in so many places right now.
Yeah. I watched the earlier videos they released and it seems the line was doing everything possible. Two tests prior. All of this extra cleaning equipment. Health monitoring during the voyage, etc. But when they crossed the Atlantic and picked up new passengers in Barbados, and well, it only took 1. And towards the end of the video it seems these guys realize that...

In fairness, MSC has been cruising Europe on very specific cruises and by all accounts have had no issues. Although I believe they have cut back operations a bit just recently. Tricky situation...

Last edited:

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
So the government of Barbados forced all passengers to fly home. No quarantine on the island. No social distancing at the airport or getting on the flight. Packed flight back to the UK.

Edit: those who tested positive either had to stay on the island to quarantine or book a private plane home.

Last edited:

DCBaker

Premium Member
"Disney Cruise Line Coronavirus (COVID-19) Travel Alert
November 23, 2020

Disney Cruise Line Extends Suspension of All Departures Through January 31, 2021

Our team at Disney Cruise Line remains focused on the health and well-being of our Guests and team members. We continue to carefully review the guidance from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and are working toward resuming operations.

As we continue to refine our protocols for our eventual return to service, we have decided to cancel all sailings departing through January 2021. Sailings are cancelled on board the Disney Magic, Disney Wonder and Disney Dream through February 1 and the Disney Fantasy through February 6.

Guests booked on affected sailings who have paid their reservation in full will be offered the choice of a cruise credit to be used for a future sailing or a full refund. Guests who have not paid their reservations in full will automatically receive a refund of what they have paid so far. Affected Guests and travel agents will receive an email from Disney Cruise Line outlining details and next steps.

Guests who booked their reservation through a travel agent should contact them directly with any questions. Those who booked directly with Disney Cruise Line and have questions after receiving their email should call (866) 325-6685 or (407) 566-7797."

IanDLBZF

November 23, 2020

Disney Cruise Line Extends Suspension of All Departures Through January 31, 2021

Our team at Disney Cruise Line remains focused on the health and well-being of our Guests and team members. We continue to carefully review the guidance from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and are working toward resuming operations.

As we continue to refine our protocols for our eventual return to service, we have decided to cancel all sailings departing through January 2021. Sailings are cancelled on board the Disney Magic, Disney Wonder and Disney Dream through February 1 and the Disney Fantasy through February 6.

Guests booked on affected sailings who have paid their reservation in full will be offered the choice of a cruise credit to be used for a future sailing or a full refund. Guests who have not paid their reservations in full will automatically receive a refund of what they have paid so far. Affected Guests and travel agents will receive an email from Disney Cruise Line outlining details and next steps.

Guests who booked their reservation through a travel agent should contact them directly with any questions. Those who booked directly with Disney Cruise Line and have questions after receiving their email should call (866) 325-6685 or (407) 566-7797."

This coming on the heels of an travel advisory from the CDC.

DCBaker

Premium Member

Disney Cruise Line Coronavirus (COVID-19) Travel Alert​

December 4, 2020

Disney Cruise Line Extends Suspension of All Departures Through February 28, 2021

Our team at Disney Cruise Line remains focused on the health and well-being of our Guests and team members. We are continuing to carefully review the guidance from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and are working toward resuming operations.

As we continue to refine our protocols for our eventual return to service, we have decided to cancel all departures through February 28, 2021. Sailings are cancelled onboard the Disney Magic through February 25; the Disney Wonder and Disney Dream through February 26; and the Disney Fantasy through February 27.

Guests who've booked their reservation through a travel agent should contact them directly with any questions. Those who've booked directly with Disney Cruise Line and have questions after receiving their email should call (866) 325-6685 or (407) 566-7797.

DCBaker

Premium Member
An update (bolded)

December 11, 2020

Disney Cruise Line Extends Suspension of All Departures Through February 28, 2021 and Select Sailings Longer than 7 Nights

Our team at Disney Cruise Line remains focused on the health and well-being of our Guests and team members. We are continuing to carefully review the guidance from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and are working toward resuming operations.

As previously shared, we continue to refine our protocols for our eventual return to service and have canceled all departures through February 28, 2021. Sailings are cancelled onboard the Disney Magic through February 25; the Disney Wonder and Disney Dream through February 26; and the Disney Fantasy through February 27.

Additionally, based on the conditional sail order provided by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Disney Cruise Line must cancel sailings longer than 7 nights.

Guests who've booked their reservation through a travel agent should contact them directly with any questions. Those who've booked directly with Disney Cruise Line and have"

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
This makes me sad. So many people were hoping to finally start cruising again.
Celebrity, Royal, Disney..we have a ton of emails coming in from all of the cruise lines. I had 2 of my personal cruises cancelled. It's going to be a very busy day.

Pam

DCBaker

Premium Member
Disney has now published the new alert on the DCL website -

Disney Cruise Line Coronavirus (COVID-19) Travel Alert
January 12, 2021

Disney Cruise Line Extends Suspension of All Departures Through March and Select Sailings Longer than 7 Nights

Our team at Disney Cruise Line remains focused on the health and well-being of our Guests and team members. We are carefully preparing for a return to service following the guidelines issued by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). As we continue to refine our protocols and await further technical guidance from the CDC, we are cancelling all sailings departing through March 2021.

Sailings are cancelled aboard the Disney Fantasy through March 27; the Disney Wonder through March 28; and the Disney Magic and Disney Dream through March 29.

Additionally, as previously shared, based on the conditional sail order provided by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Disney Cruise Line must cancel sailings longer than 7 nights.

Guests who've booked their reservation through a travel agent should contact them directly with any questions. Those who've booked directly with Disney Cruise Line and have questions after receiving their email should call (866) 325-6685 or (407) 566-7797.

Screen Shot 2021-01-12 at 8.09.13 PM.png

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
My parents have a cruise booked in April (deposit only paid so far) and my dad passed away on Christmas Eve. Mom wants to cancel for now and re-book again...someday. Should I call DCL or just wait for the inevitable April sailings to get cancelled? Do they automagially get cancelled?

ChuckElias

@DznyGrlSD I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your father. That terrible to go through at any time, but especially around the holidays. My sincere condolences to you and your mom.

I don't even want to talk about cruising and appear to lessen the significance of your loss. But since you asked, I will try to help. It really boils down to whether your mom needs the deposit money back in her pocket. If finances are tight, she might want to cancel and get the money back. If she doesn't feel like she needs the money now, and she's sure that she's going to re-book, then it makes sense to wait for DCL to cancel and see if they continue to offer the 125% credit.

I will keep your family in thoughts.

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
My parents have a cruise booked in April (deposit only paid so far) and my dad passed away on Christmas Eve. Mom wants to cancel for now and re-book again...someday. Should I call DCL or just wait for the inevitable April sailings to get cancelled? Do they automagially get cancelled?
I am so sorry for your loss....
I would cancel it sooner rather than later so you are not dealing with everyone trying to get through if they do cancel them. They will cancel them and refund the port fees and taxes as well as prepaid gratuities if you have them. They will not however automatically refund a cruise that they cancelled so you would have to let them know that you want it cancelled.

Pam

DCBaker

Premium Member

Disney Cruise Line Coronavirus (COVID-19) Travel Alert​

January 27, 2021

Disney Cruise Line Extends Suspension of All Departures Through April and Select Disney Magic and Disney Wonder Sailings in May

Our team at Disney Cruise Line remains focused on the health and well-being of our Guests and team members. We are carefully preparing for a return to service following the guidelines issued by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). As we continue to refine our protocols and await further technical guidance from the CDC, we are cancelling all sailings departing through April 2021 and select sailings onboard the Disney Magic and Disney Wonder in May.

Sailings are cancelled aboard the Disney Fantasy through April 24; the Disney Dream through April 30; the Disney Magic through May 9; and the Disney Wonder through May 12.

Additionally, as previously shared, based on the conditional sail order provided by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Disney Cruise Line must cancel sailings longer than 7 nights.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom