Cribs at Saratoga

sinnamjs

Original Poster
Hey everyone, new here! We are staying in a two bedroom villa at Saratoga come Easter week. I know it will be crazy. Does anyone know the furthest out you can request a REAL crib instead of a pack and play? We will have a 1 year old and he HATES pack and plays. I can't recall what the actual number days in advance we can request one. We are under a DVC reservation. Thank you for all of your help!

PS- has anyone ever gotten some post mates delivered to a resort? I am wondering if I can order some formula and diapers to be delivered from a CVS or something!

jaklgreen

Add any request to reservation ASAP. It is best to put it on when you make your reservation because Disney has always stated that requests are a first come, first served basis. Call now and add it. Then call the resort a few days out to confirm the request stressing the importance.

Kukeel

We just came back from a stay at Saratoga (Treehouse Villas). I’m pretty sure you can just add a crib request to your reservation at any time. We have requested them in the past, and always had them available. I always order groceries from Orlando Grocery Express, and they deliver to the resort. Bell services will hold them for you (even refrigerated things) and then deliver to your room once you call.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Honestly...I would rent a full crib from one of the vendors in Orlando and have it delivered...we spent 3 or so years messing with pack n plays and makeshift cribs in WDW...life changed when we just paid to have something the kid could actually sleep in.

Have a good trip

Kukeel

Honestly...I would rent a full crib from one of the vendors in Orlando and have it delivered...we spent 3 or so years messing with pack n plays and makeshift cribs in WDW...life changed when we just paid to have something the kid could actually sleep in.

Have a good trip
What a great idea! I always rented strollers and had them sent to the resort (life changing) but never thought about a crib! Wish I knew that back when I needed it!

sinnamjs

Original Poster
We just came back from a stay at Saratoga (Treehouse Villas). I’m pretty sure you can just add a crib request to your reservation at any time. We have requested them in the past, and always had them available. I always order groceries from Orlando Grocery Express, and they deliver to the resort. Bell services will hold them for you (even refrigerated things) and then deliver to your room once you call.
Thank you for the Orlando Grocery Express! This is great info. Thank you to everyone who has responded!

DisneyDreamer08

We rented a full size crib from A Baby’s Best Friend a few years ago. They have every piece of baby gear you can possibly imagine and were a pleasure to deal with.

CaptainAmerica

Just to be clear, there are no real cribs at any Disney resort. They're "more real" than pack-n-plays, but they're absolutely not full size.

Requesting one early will not do you any good. They're given out first-come-first-served based on when you actually get there, they're not going to hold one aside for you if someone who's already at the resort is requesting it.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
I forgot a stroller one trip (not the actual stroller just some of the key attachments like the cover). I went to Target on 192, bought a stroller, used it for 3 days, then returned it. 'Cause that's the way I roll. You could get a nice crib doing it that way.

DisneyDreamer08

Just ask for one when you check in and they bring it straight to the room, one of the metal barred ones on wheels with a mattress. I don’t know what all this nonsense is about renting one?! You just ask and they sort.
We rented a full size wooden crib from an outside vendor. We were staying at All Star Sports and they only have pack and plays. My daughter had never slept in a pack and play and we didn’t want to risk it. It’s not nonsense at all! 🤣

nickys

Premium Member
Just ask for one when you check in and they bring it straight to the room, one of the metal barred ones on wheels with a mattress. I don’t know what all this nonsense is about renting one?! You just ask and they sort.

Cribs are not always available. Since SSR is an all DVC resort, all the rooms already have a pack ‘n’ play, so they will only have a limited number of cribs.

In fact, on the DVC website it says that cribs are not available. It’s only because of other DVC members that I know that most of the resorts have a few.

But if it was a deal breaker in terms of a child sleeping or everyone being kept awake and getting cranky, I would rent from an outside vendor.

arich35

We are going to Pop Century but won't be getting in until probably midnight, we requested a pack n play. Do you think we will have issues getting one?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom