Magic bands - help please!

smaccount

Hi there, can I ask if anyone else is having trouble customising their magic bands? When I try to edit my magic band selection via the App and/or the website I get a “wreck-it-Ralph” message saying:

We Don���t Want to Wreck Your Fun
Unfortunately, the page you���re looking for is unavailable. Please check the URL.

I’m in the U.K. and I do have some time before my “upgrades” need to be finalised but it’s been about 2-weeks now so I’m starting to get worried.

Thanks

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
I saw a message on the website last night that said some features were currently not working.

Also I wouldn't customize in the app. Do it on the website.

If you have time just wait it out a bit.

Upvote 0

Eamethyst

You could wait until you get to Disney to design them. There is a location inside Magic Kingdom located at Tommorowland called light and power co. I believe its before space mountain.

There are currently three on-demand stations at Walt Disney World Resort – Tomorrowland Light & Power Co. in Magic Kingdom Park, D-Tech on Demand boutique in the Marketplace Co-Op at Disney Springs Marketplace, and Star Wars Launch Bay in Disney’s Hollywood Studios (the latter only offers Star Wars-inspired designs).

If you have the option to use the website versa the app. It's best to use the site. The app's not just with Disney in general are temperamental. Sometimes the sites are too. I think you can get more accomplished on the site then app. Just keep checking.

Upvote 0

H20Babie

There has been a known glitch with the magic bands for UK and Canadians since at least November. I leave tomorrow and in all that time have not been able to order either my magic bands (for resort stay and passholder). Can't even get a plain coloured one. Apparently, It has to do with the our billing addresses (being in UK or Canada). There is field that just won't fill properly.

Upvote 0

smaccount

Original Poster
You could wait until you get to Disney to design them. There is a location inside Magic Kingdom located at Tommorowland called light and power co. I believe its before space mountain.

There are currently three on-demand stations at Walt Disney World Resort – Tomorrowland Light & Power Co. in Magic Kingdom Park, D-Tech on Demand boutique in the Marketplace Co-Op at Disney Springs Marketplace, and Star Wars Launch Bay in Disney’s Hollywood Studios (the latter only offers Star Wars-inspired designs).

If you have the option to use the website versa the app. It's best to use the site. The app's not just with Disney in general are temperamental. Sometimes the sites are too. I think you can get more accomplished on the site then app. Just keep checking.
You have to pre-order your bands and they are waiting for you on check-in(they don’t post our bands to the U.K.)

If I don’t pre-order you get a standard grey-coloured band. Although I do think the coloured bands that I requested, from our previous visit, may still be shown as our default. I’d love to get my daughter a figment or Up Magic Band though and as these only occasionally become available I’m trying to check on a regular basis but I’m not having any success.

I’ll keep trying though. Thanks for your help and advice. Much appreciated 🙂

Upvote 0

Eamethyst

There has been a known glitch with the magic bands for UK and Canadians since at least November. I leave tomorrow and in all that time have not been able to order either my magic bands (for resort stay and passholder). Can't even get a plain coloured one. Apparently, It has to do with the our billing addresses (being in UK or Canada). There is field that just won't fill properly.
I can understand that. It's screwed up. If you are staying onsite you can pickup your magic bands at the hotel whether you live in the US or out of the country. I know it doesn't help if you wanted a certain color or it to be engraved before hand. I believe at any of demand stations that you can engrave the magic band or at least you should be able to. I'm sure if you speak to someone at Disney in person they will help you.

Upvote 0

Eamethyst

You have to pre-order your bands and they are waiting for you on check-in(they don’t post our bands to the U.K.)

If I don’t pre-order you get a standard grey-coloured band. Although I do think the coloured bands that I requested, from our previous visit, may still be shown as our default. I’d love to get my daughter a figment or Up Magic Band though and as these only occasionally become available I’m trying to check on a regular basis but I’m not having any success.

I’ll keep trying though. Thanks for your help and advice. Much appreciated 🙂
I understand what you are saying but you can still get the figment, etc at the parks and Disney Springs.

Upvote 0

smaccount

Original Poster
That’s disappointing. I had customised my band from grey to coloured bands a few years ago and these were just left at check-in for us (as we travelled from the U.K. )

However, you can now get some other customised bands (for a small additional charge). My daughter would love either Figment or Up,( which I know they sometimes have).

I’m just so glad that I didn’t tell her that this might be possible as she’d be so disappointed 😞

Upvote 0

Eamethyst

But they would be paying full price.
It just doesn't make any sense to do that... unless they really want one that they cannot get with the upgrade.
It does make sense. Disney sells them at the parks and Disney Springs because not everyone stays onsite. The complementary magic bands and the upgrade price are only offered to hotel guests and AP holders renewing. Ap holders get a discount on magic bands at the parks as well. Not every magic band is available online. There are some that are only available at the parks. On certain items hotel guest are able to receive discounts at the parks.

Upvote 0

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
It does make sense. Disney sells them at the parks and Disney Springs because not everyone stays onsite. The complementary magic bands and the upgrade price are only offered to hotel guests and AP holders renewing. Ap holders get a discount on magic bands at the parks as well. Not every magic band is available online. There are some that are only available at the parks.

It does not make sense for OP as they are staying onsite. Why pay more when you don't have to?
I also said "unless they really want one that they cannot get with the upgrade. " so you must have misted that.

Upvote 0

Eamethyst

It does not make sense for OP as they are staying onsite. Why pay more when you don't have to?
I also said "unless they really want one that they cannot get with the upgrade. " so you must have misted that.
I didn't miss anything. it's what you said.

But they would be paying full price.
It just doesn't make any sense to do that... unless they really want one that they cannot get with the upgrade.

To you it doesn't make sense. To other it people it does. there are numerous reason to why Disney hotel guests would want to purchase another magic band. Hotel guests, regular guests, etc purchase them all of the time at the parks and Disney springs.

Upvote 0

Dave B

What is getting lost in this discussion ( I Think ) is that Queen is trying to say that they are cheaper with your package than they are purchasing them in the parks and Disney Springs

Upvote 0

Eamethyst

What is getting lost in this discussion ( I Think ) is that Queen is trying to say that they are cheaper with your package than they are purchasing them in the parks and Disney Springs
I understand that. Not all of Disney hotel guest live in the US country. So for the ones that live out of the country and want another magic band they will have to purchase it at Disney Springs or the parks because Disney does not ship to certain countries. Disney offers discounts to their hotel guests on certain items.

Upvote 0

DreamalittleDisney

I contacted WDW the other day they said they clearing cookies browser the usual I did that tried on multiple devices so screenshot the issue got the attached reply.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200229-080601_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20200229-080601_Gmail.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 245
Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
I understand that. Not all of Disney hotel guest live in the US country. So for the ones that live out of the country and want another magic band they will have to purchase it at Disney Springs or the parks because Disney does not ship to certain countries. Disney offers discounts to their hotel guests on certain items.

No, you are failing to understand the OPs (and others) point here.

You are correct that Disney will not ship magic bands outside of the US.

However, just like US guests, international guests are able to order selected special magic bands at a discounted price in place of the regular coloured bands. It’s just that these are collected at the resort upon check-in, rather than being posted to their home.

It is this process that is not working.

Obviously if the specific magic band is not available as an upgrade, everyone who wants one will have to buy it elsewhere. But every resort guest should have the ability to order the upgraded ones at the discounted price.

Upvote 0

smaccount

Original Poster
No, you are failing to understand the OPs (and others) point here.

You are correct that Disney will not ship magic bands outside of the US.

However, just like US guests, international guests are able to order selected special magic bands at a discounted price in place of the regular coloured bands. It’s just that these are collected at the resort upon check-in, rather than being posted to their home.

It is this process that is not working.

Obviously if the specific magic band is not available as an upgrade, everyone who wants one will have to buy it elsewhere. But every resort guest should have the ability to order the upgraded ones at the discounted price.
Thanks. Yes, I intend to get my daughter an upgraded magic band. The ‘upgrades’ available to resort guests change regularly, which is why I’ve started to look at this early (I’ve got about 80 days until my ‘order’ needs to be finalised.so, I’m keeping my fingers crossed that the issues with the webpage gets resolved soon. Thanks.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom