Housekeeping

PatsGirl12

Original Poster
I am just curious if the renovated rooms get mopped after you check out? I have a 9 month old who is all over the floor.

Club Cooloholic

You can request a deep clean of your room before you check in. People with impaired immune systems or pet allergies, for example, do this (assistance dogs can stay in any room on property). And this request is one that will always be granted.
Assistance dogs can stay in any room, yikes!

Lilofan

You can request a deep clean of your room before you check in. People with impaired immune systems or pet allergies, for example, do this (assistance dogs can stay in any room on property). And this request is one that will always be granted.
In my travels in business and leisure that is correct. It's just not openly advertised.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
You can request a deep clean as others have said.
But also that floor is gonna get dirty QUICK!
I won't walk on the non carpet floors without socks because if I walk barefoot I have tons of dirt all over my feet.
If your child crawls around on the floor they will likely get dirty knees plus if they put their hands in their mouth they will likely be eating dirt.
I mean a little dirt never hurt but just giving you the heads up.
If you're staying in a room with a murphey bed I'd consider putting it up while your child plays and laying a sheet on the floor for them to play on.

Lilofan

You can request a deep clean as others have said.
But also that floor is gonna get dirty QUICK!
I won't walk on the non carpet floors without socks because if I walk barefoot I have tons of dirt all over my feet.
If your child crawls around on the floor they will likely get dirty knees plus if they put their hands in their mouth they will likely be eating dirt.
I mean a little dirt never hurt but just giving you the heads up.
If you're staying in a room with a murphey bed I'd consider putting it up while your child plays and laying a sheet on the floor for them to play on.
When I stay in hotels, I feel more comfortable in the cheaper ones where there are plastic sealed disposable cups by the coffee maker/ bathroom sink. In the nicer hotels I've seen staff clean and dry with a dirty rag the glassware on the sink counter and mini bar area. Yuck.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
When I stay in hotels, I feel more comfortable in the cheaper ones where there are plastic sealed disposable cups by the coffee maker/ bathroom sink. In the nicer hotels I've seen staff clean and dry with a dirty rag the glassware on the sink counter and mini bar area. Yuck.

I generally don't use cups at all in the hotel rooms.
I have water bottles and a refillable mug.
BTW all the resorts are starting to remove single use plastic...
Last time I stayed at CR so I can't say for sure if the values have gone that route yet but I'm staying at POP in August.

jaklgreen

My wifes service dog is cleaner, creates less of a mess, and spreads less germs than probably the majority of guests walking into those resort rooms.

I think that most are thinking of allergies to dog dander then the dog actually making a mess. Dogs can't help that they shed. I think that American culture in general is gross. I grew up with European parents and we NEVER walked into the house with shoes on. Same with any hotel room. You take your shoes off at the door and wash up before you go about in the house. They really need to make the rooms more Japanese style where there is an area to take off and store your shoes and have house slipper to wear in the room. Most of the disgusting floor issues would be solved if everyone took their shoes off at the door and did not walk around the room with them on. So everyone who does that, contributes to the nasty floor problem. Plus housekeeping should be mopping it regularly.

disney4life2008

Shouldn't the maids be doing a deep clean anyway? I'm confused.

As for a baby on a hotel floor? I understand the want for the baby to be free but absolutely not. That is just asking for trouble. I don't even like walking on any hotel floor.

Lilofan

Why shouldn't they? As noted, if you have an allergy ask for a deep cleaning of any Disney room you wish to stay in.
I wish it could be that easy. I believe the cleaning staff are alloted the same amount of rooms to clean daily. If he or she spends more time deep cleaning a room, they still have to clean the rest of their allotment rooms on their scheduled shift.

Hcalvert

From my experience, I found the dirtiest floors at Disney have no carpet on the floor. I was staying at POR and the room was filthy and the floors made the bottom of my white socks gray. I could see dirt in the bathroom too. I complained, but not much was done. I think it is because they reduced housekeeping staff since people can opt out for a gift card instead of getting the room cleaned every day. POR is also a dog resort if that matters.

Lilofan

From my experience, I found the dirtiest floors at Disney have no carpet on the floor. I was staying at POR and the room was filthy and the floors made the bottom of my white socks gray. I could see dirt in the bathroom too. I complained, but not much was done. I think it is because they reduced housekeeping staff since people can opt out for a gift card instead of getting the room cleaned every day. POR is also a dog resort if that matters.
That is very true. My white socks become black when walking on supposedly clean floors.

John park hopper

Whether or not a guest ops out of housekeeping for the gift card should have no bearing on how the room is cleaned. When a guest stay is over the rooms should (must) be cleaned properly for the incoming guest. Saying they have reduced staff is no excuse. Now that they allow pets and not just service dogs is all the more reason to clean the room. Yes I own a dog and not all pet owners are responsible pet owners, again all the more reason to clean the room. As I posted I am not paying Motel 6 room rates-- Disney I expect a clean room!!!!!!!!!!!

Hcalvert

Whether or not a guest ops out of housekeeping for the gift card should have no bearing on how the room is cleaned. When a guest stay is over the rooms should (must) be cleaned properly for the incoming guest. Saying they have reduced staff is no excuse. Now that they allow pets and not just service dogs is all the more reason to clean the room. Yes I own a dog and not all pet owners are responsible pet owners, again all the more reason to clean the room. As I posted I am not paying Motel 6 room rates-- Disney I expect a clean room!!!!!!!!!!!
I agree. That is why I complained to the manager on site as well as in the survey I completed after my trip and vowed to never stay there again. I have had some minor problems at Poly for disrepair too--my last two stays the safe's battery needed replaced and in one of the same rooms the door to the balcony was broken. They knew about it before we got the room and sent someone while we were there on check-in day. It took them 2 hours to replace whatever part was broken. The man was nice, but it was invasive. My thoughts on that is fix the room first then assign it to someone. I ended up with a surprising $150 gift card for that when I said something to the manager about it. I didn't expect to receive anything, but when you are paying that much to stay there, they shouldn't be inconveniencing guests with maintenance issues. I love Poly and will be staying there again during my March trip. 🤞that the safe will be working or I will be 3 for 3!

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom