1 Day - Solo Trip

WDWgal

Hi all,
I'm planning on taking a 1 day solo trip to the parks on 3/14. I have a flight at MCO that leaves at 10:45pm. I'm a big Star Wars fan, and have never been to Galaxy's Edge. I'm open to hitting multiple parks (2 max) but want to make sure I get my money's worth on the extra cost of the Park Hopper. Especially since it's a Saturday around spring break time that I'd be visiting.

Where do you recommend I go? Which parks do you have the best time in when you go solo?

I haven't spent a significant amount of time at the parks in years (my sister and I spent a day visiting all 4 theme parks last summer...do not recommend).

TIA!

Last edited:

Zé_Carioca

Honestly, with that tight of a schedule I would not recommend Park Hopper. If I understand correctly, you would go to the parks on the same day you fly out right? MCO can get pretty crowded, especially during peak tourism times so you should get there at least 2 hours before your flight if its spring break season as the lines for security can get pretty long.

With how crowded Hollywood Studios is currently, and it should only get more crowded in March once Runaway Railway, I would hesitate that you go, especially during spring break season but as a Star Wars fan I do think you would enjoy Galaxy's Edge. If you do decide to brave the crowds, get there early, about 45 minutes before park opening to make sure you are inside the park in time to try to get a boarding group for Rise of the Resistance.

If you do decide against the crowd, I always love going to Epcot for the festival to try different foods and drinks.

If you were looking for a more ride-centric day, you can't go wrong with Magic Kingdom since they have the most ride options.

Upvote 0

awoogala

That is a Saturday during a lot of Spring Breaks.
I'd second the EPCOT/maybe MK. Especially since it's this close, I'm guessing there will not be a lot of FP+ left. (though you always have a better shot as a single person, and sometimes I will get amazing ones, even on a busy day).
If you don't care as much about riding, and you mostly want to "soak up the atmosphere" at Galaxy's edge, go for it- just know that it will probably be packed, and unless you are there before rope drop, you probably won't get on Rise of the Resistance, the best ride. (search through the threads on how to get into the boarding groups on here, if you are willing to rope drop to get on that ride)
I'd also get a ticket now, and start looking for fp+ on a regular basis for that date.
Good Luck!

Upvote 0

WDWgal

Original Poster
Honestly, with that tight of a schedule I would not recommend Park Hopper. If I understand correctly, you would go to the parks on the same day you fly out right? MCO can get pretty crowded, especially during peak tourism times so you should get there at least 2 hours before your flight if its spring break season as the lines for security can get pretty long.

With how crowded Hollywood Studios is currently, and it should only get more crowded in March once Runaway Railway, I would hesitate that you go, especially during spring break season but as a Star Wars fan I do think you would enjoy Galaxy's Edge. If you do decide to brave the crowds, get there early, about 45 minutes before park opening to make sure you are inside the park in time to try to get a boarding group for Rise of the Resistance.

If you do decide against the crowd, I always love going to Epcot for the festival to try different foods and drinks.

If you were looking for a more ride-centric day, you can't go wrong with Magic Kingdom since they have the most ride options.
Yes I’d be flying out on the same day. I think I’m leaning away from going to HS.

Upvote 0

Eamethyst

Yes I’d be flying out on the same day. I think I’m leaning away from going to HS.
I think leaning toward HS is a good idea. March until late April people are traveling and will be attending the Disney parks. MK will probably be busier. Spring break. Parents with kids. Lots of kids. Epcot is a good way to go because there is the Flower and Garden festival but there is allot of construction going on. Animal Kingdom is like a child day care. Ha ha. lots of kids. Everyone want s to go on Pandora. There is allot of kids rides, stuff for kids. HS has Stars Wars, toy Story Land, Mickey & Minnie runaway railway, Tower of terror, Rockin Rollercoaster. HS has allot of Disney history more than the other parks. HS use to be the park for entertainment, movies, history of disney, lots of shopping. It still is. It's not a huge park. it's a fun time. Honestly I would pick one park for your trip because lines will be long especially for anything Star Wars. Take a second trip later on. Come down during the slow time which is Sept and Feb. Go to more parks then. Or visit during the holidays and see the holiday decorations, the lights, fireworks, fake snow. Since you have a flight out the same night, Orlando airport is a busy airport. it will take at least a half hour from Disney to the airport. At Orlando airport you need at least 1.5 you ahead of your flight. Online it says 2 hours. If you aren't checking anything and just have a carry on you can get away with 1.5 ahead of time.

Upvote 0

Zé_Carioca

I think leaning toward HS is a good idea. March until late April people are traveling and will be attending the Disney parks. MK will probably be busier. Spring break. Parents with kids. Lots of kids. Epcot is a good way to go because there is the Flower and Garden festival but there is allot of construction going on. Animal Kingdom is like a child day care. Ha ha. lots of kids. Everyone want s to go on Pandora. There is allot of kids rides, stuff for kids. HS has Stars Wars, toy Story Land, Mickey & Minnie runaway railway, Tower of terror, Rockin Rollercoaster. HS has allot of Disney history more than the other parks. HS use to be the park for entertainment, movies, history of disney, lots of shopping. It still is. It's not a huge park. it's a fun time. Honestly I would pick one park for your trip because lines will be long especially for anything Star Wars. Take a second trip later on. Come down during the slow time which is Sept and Feb. Go to more parks then. Or visit during the holidays and see the holiday decorations, the lights, fireworks, fake snow. Since you have a flight out the same night, Orlando airport is a busy airport. it will take at least a half hour from Disney to the airport. At Orlando airport you need at least 1.5 you ahead of your flight. Online it says 2 hours. If you aren't checking anything and just have a carry on you can get away with 1.5 ahead of time.

Have you been to Hollywood Studios lately? You said don't go to DAK because everyone wants to go to Pandora but the same is true, and even more so, for current DHS. It is by far the craziest of the parks because everyone wants to go get a boarding pass for rise and then since everyone is there at park open, all the other rides have insane waits. I agree that DHS is a great park, used to be my favorite, but I avoid it now because of the insane crowds. At least with the Magic Kingdom there are more rides spread out, so even if its busy you can still do the smaller rides. At Studios, most rides are big tickets and have insane waits and now they have cut the times for shows and entertainment so there isn't much else to do but wait in the long lines.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom