what would you do?

CgM2020

We are going October 30- November 6. We have 7 park day tickets, no park hopper. We are hoping to see the Christmas decorations at least at Magic Kingdom so hoping to do that our final day. What parks do you suggest on what days? Thanks!

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
What time do you arrive and what time do you leave? Does your family wake up early enough to make rope drop and/or extra magic hours?

I'd really consider adding the Park Hopper. Magic Kingdom could use two full days but Epcot, Hollywood Studios, and Animal Kingdom are all in a spot right now where they need more than one full day but not quite two full days.

Upvote 0

CgM2020

Original Poster
I am not sure exactly what time our arrival and departure will be. Flights are not available for those dates as of now but I will post when I know. We are hoping to arrive early and leave as late as possible the last day. We plan to be there early for HS to try and get on RotR. The others in my party are not good at getting up and out early.. unfortunately lol. I will look into adding Park hopper, wasn't sure if it was really necessary, thought we might spend more time trying to hop to other parks instead of just enjoying one park per day.

Upvote 0

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
In that case, avoiding morning Extra Magic Hours and keeping Magic Kingdom on the last day:

October 30 - Travel / Hollywood Studios Evening
October 31 - Epcot
November 1 - Animal Kingdom
November 2 - Hollywood Studios
November 3 - Magic Kingdom
November 4 - Epcot
November 5 - Animal Kingdom
November 6 - Magic Kingdom Morning / Travel

This is slightly too little Magic Kingdom, too much Animal Kingdom, and too much Epcot, which is where park hopping would help you out. Stay away from MK on Halloween.

But honestly, I'd ditch the "we want to see Magic Kingdom Christmas decorations" criterion. They're not going to feel that special when it's a couple days after Halloween and 88 degrees outside. If you can get rid of the "Magic Kingdom must be last," flip the last two days.

Upvote 0

CgM2020

Original Poster
Okay, thanks for your suggestions. We might just go ahead and add the park hopper tickets. We normally go the week before Christmas except the past few years we haven't been able to. But the Christmas decorations will definitely feel special to us as it's one of our favorites. But we are a family that really enjoys Christmas and we put our decorations up early as well. To each their own. Swapping the last two days will probably happen as well because we would like to enjoy our last full day at Magic Kingdom. I guess it all depends on when we can get our flights for. Thanks again for your suggestions!

Upvote 0

JohnD

Okay, thanks for your suggestions. We might just go ahead and add the park hopper tickets. We normally go the week before Christmas except the past few years we haven't been able to. But the Christmas decorations will definitely feel special to us as it's one of our favorites. But we are a family that really enjoys Christmas and we put our decorations up early as well. To each their own. Swapping the last two days will probably happen as well because we would like to enjoy our last full day at Magic Kingdom. I guess it all depends on when we can get our flights for. Thanks again for your suggestions!

The last Halloween party is November 1. You'll definitely see Christmas decorations in MK after that.

Upvote 0

*Jules*

In the Parks
No
Here is how I'd go about it.

October 30th: Travel/ Epcot
October 31st: Hollywood Studios
November 1st: Magic Kingdom
November 2nd: Animal Kingdom:
November 3rd: Epcot
November 4th: Hollywood Studios
November 5th: Animal Kingdom
November 6th: Magic Kingdom/ Travel

I don't like that the Magic Kingdom is on a Travel day because that is the park that has the most to be seen, but if you want to see the Christmas stuff and you won't get the hopper option it has to be done this way.

Upvote 0

JohnD

In addition, if you can, try to work in visiting some of the resorts, especially WL and AKL. They have HUGE trees in the lobby. GF also has a tree and a gingerbread house.

Upvote 0

CgM2020

Original Poster
Here is how I'd go about it.

October 30th: Travel/ Epcot
October 31st: Hollywood Studios
November 1st: Magic Kingdom
November 2nd: Animal Kingdom:
November 3rd: Epcot
November 4th: Hollywood Studios
November 5th: Animal Kingdom
November 6th: Magic Kingdom/ Travel

I don't like that the Magic Kingdom is on a Travel day because that is the park that has the most to be seen, but if you want to see the Christmas stuff and you won't get the hopper option it has to be done this way.
Thank you! We will probably do Magic Kingdom on the last full day and hop to AK on the day we leave!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom