Double price ticket days.

ndsu84

Original Poster
What would happen if Disney chose 1 Park a day to increase ticket price high enough to cut attendance in that park in half?

How high would the price need to go to cut attendance?

How much would people pay to be guaranteed no crowd?

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
What if I have an AP? How would you handle that? Come to think of it - that park would probably be more crowded cause us AP holders would all be there thinking there would be less crowds. Might take an hour just to get into the park 'cause we'd all be using the Passholder lane.

nickys

Premium Member
Multi-day tickets account for the vast majority of tickets sold. So increasing single park day tickets wouldn’t affect attendance more than a fraction.

And even if they excluded that park, they would need to announce any exceptions to multi-day tickets at least 180 days in advance so that people could book ADRs at parks they would be attending.

drizgirl

Just keep the parks open 24/7
Nope. Crowds are up but Disney is cutting hours.
What if I have an AP? How would you handle that? Come to think of it - that park would probably be more crowded cause us AP holders would all be there thinking there would be less crowds. Might take an hour just to get into the park 'cause we'd all be using the Passholder lane.
That would be like letting APs into hard ticket events on the AP. Want in? You'd have to buy the double priced ticket.

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
I’m sure Disney sees it as “Why do a double price day when “Disney After Hours” gets regular attendance and revenues for restaurants, merchandise, etc. for a full day, plus people paying *more* than a one day ticket ($129-139) to do what you describe for three hours when most people would be leaving anyway?” And I think they have it like four nights a week between MK, AK, and HS.
8FD1162A-E3E2-46A5-960C-903759F24F1A.png5FCB38BD-B71E-47E5-8F05-6CA426CB0152.png8FA444C7-4813-44CB-9D13-835898CE6FAF.png

ndsu84

Original Poster
I enjoy this site.

Sorry if I brought up an offensive topic.

I’ve done a few after hours and I agree with what was said above.

I don’t agree it‘s a dumb question. I’m sure there is an equilibrium price with a much lower crowd level.

Pepper's Ghost

Interesting. Not realistic, but interesting. The thing I don't like about it is it favors the wealthy at the expense of the rest since it will force roughly 25% of visitors into the other three parks.

I'm not wealthy, but could probably afford this, and I still don't like the idea. I hate the idea of "the privileged". They already feel entitled. This would just reinforce those feelings further.

Last edited:

nickys

Premium Member
I enjoy this site.

Sorry if I brought up an offensive topic.

I’ve done a few after hours and I agree with what was said above.

I don’t agree it‘s a dumb question. I’m sure there is an equilibrium price with a much lower crowd level.

It isn’t a dumb question. But it is unrealistic that they could exclude one park each day from multi-park tickets. There are other ways to achieve the same thing. Parties, After Hours, Early Morning Magic are all upcharge events for which you can pay to have lower numbers of people in the park.

I understood the “dumb” to mean on WDW’s behalf, since it would be counter-productive.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member

Not a dumb question. There have been various posts throughout the past several years positing that very same question. What is the breaking point that would impact attendance? Is it a $300 ticket, a $25 beer, and/or a $32 hamburger combo?

Parker in NYC

Not a dumb question. There have been various posts throughout the past several years positing that very same question. What is the breaking point that would impact attendance? Is it a $300 ticket, a $25 beer, and/or a $32 hamburger combo?

More like every other post.

Animaniac93-98

What’s with so many people recently wanting to reward Disney for intentionally crowding the parks and stagnating capacity?

Like Disney they only know one thing about running a theme park; charging admission to get in.

Everything else is unimportant or irrelevant in their minds.

ppete1975

Blackout dates

ppete1975

What would happen if Disney chose 1 Park a day to increase ticket price high enough to cut attendance in that park in half?

How high would the price need to go to cut attendance?

How much would people pay to be guaranteed no crowd?
The bad publicity of Disney truly being for the rich wouldn’t be worth it

ndsu84

Original Poster
I read on here they have VIP tours for $400/hour.?

I’m not interested in a VIP tour even if I can afford it.

But at $400/hour for 10 people, that’s $40 per hour per person, times 7 hours, is $280 per person for a short day. And I’d still have crowds.

It seems a much better deal to pay $100 extra per person for a full day and have the park not be crowded.

Jon81uk

I read on here they have VIP tours for $400/hour.?

I’m not interested in a VIP tour even if I can afford it.

But at $400/hour for 10 people, that’s $40 per hour per person, times 7 hours, is $280 per person for a short day. And I’d still have crowds.

It seems a much better deal to pay $100 extra per person for a full day and have the park not be crowded.

The VIP tour gets you basically unlimited FastPass. So even on light crowds you avoid any standby lines.

You would have to significantly jack up the price of multi-day tickets to get people to stay away, changing single day tickets will do nothing. and if those people stay away then the price of everything else will go up (hotel rooms etc) to make up the lost revenue.

If you want those low crowds the best option currently is After Hours. Almost no waits and its only a few dollars more than a single day entry.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom