News Chapek FIRED, Iger New CEO

TikibirdLand

LOL... remember when having McDonalds in the park was a sure sign that the investors were going to dump their stock?

Everything is a crisis... until it is forgotten.
Oh, man. I remember going by Pecos Bills and seeing the McDonalds French Fry stand. My kids eyes were as big as saucers as they asked for one of those buckets of frys. One satisfied everyone. It was HUGE! The next time we went back, it was gone and they kept looking for it. Nostalgia through the lens of a child!

el_super

Oh, man. I remember going by Pecos Bills and seeing the McDonalds French Fry stand. My kids eyes were as big as saucers as they asked for one of those buckets of frys. One satisfied everyone. It was HUGE! The next time we went back, it was gone and they kept looking for it. Nostalgia through the lens of a child!

Yep! I thought it was the dumbest thing... but the kids are still fondly remembering when they were able to get fries in the park.

In other news.... there was massive lines for the Figment Popcorn bucket this morning, so I guess Chapek is safe for now ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Cesar R M

It just really points to them all being the same. Every CEO Disney has will basically be the same right up to the day they get bought by someone else.

Of course NOW, people think the Eisner years were golden years at Disney so .... ¯\(ツ)

It's also a little funny that Eisner actually is still holding true to one of the main philosophies that eventually was his downfall at Disney:

But it has upside. “It puts me back where I haven’t left anyway, into products that I don’t have to license. That I don’t have to go around the world and beg for a license from the Premier League or from the World Cup or from Major League Baseball.”​

Since it was famously his inability to make a deal with Steve Jobs and Pixar that led to so much strife with the board.
Well, you know what they say.. when things look worse.. they look back and think"I miss the days of X when things WEREN'T SO BAD"

Its like you're sinking in quick sand.
Having only your ankles stuck is definitively better than to have the sand up to your waist ( Eiger ) .. or up to your neck now (Chapek)

Cesar R M

Yep! I thought it was the dumbest thing... but the kids are still fondly remembering when they were able to get fries in the park.

In other news.... there was massive lines for the Figment Popcorn bucket this morning, so I guess Chapek is safe for now ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
You mean Resellers :)

These things are poping up in ebay at 250USD a pop.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom