News APP/website/phones all down this morning

awoogala

Original Poster
Got up, coffee in hand, bright and early this morning to book dining.
App is down "technical difficulties". Ok website won't work.Ok. Called- waited on hold on the phone for 30 minutes.
Finally got through to them on the phone- poor woman was trying to calmly tell me "everything is down, We can't even make reservations, they said maybe an hour?"
After a few hours of checking app and website, website finally started working at 10:26 am. App still wasn't working.
Had quite a few thoughts of just canceling the whole trip during that time, but, like an idiot, I muddled through, booked dining.
I swear, I need a nap and a drink now.

awoogala

Original Poster
I wonder how much an hour of down time costs the company in sales...
No idea- but the stress it must have caused the poor reservations agents!
Poor woman sounded frazzled.
Apparently, you could access old reservations, but no new ones could be made.
For the first half an hour or so, there was no telling what was happening. Eventually, they had a banner about "issues" at the top of the website.

tnemgif

This stuff wouldn’t be as big of a deal if they adequately staffed reservation centers. But hold times seem to consistently be 30-60 minutes.

awoogala

Original Poster
This stuff wouldn’t be as big of a deal if they adequately staffed reservation centers. But hold times seem to consistently be 30-60 minutes.
but even getting through was useless- she couldn't book either. whole dining reservation system was down.

awoogala

Original Poster
It was down before 6:30 am for me. (on my laptop, pc, app, and the telephone.. I was dedicated).
https://.com/2020/02/walt-disney-wo...wn-online-and-phone-reservations-unavailable/ I see some other places reporting it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom