Park to park bussing?

Ghostdog

Original Poster
Has park to park bussing happened yet? For those with park hopper tickets it would make travel between parks shorter.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I rode a bus between DHS and AK last time I was there... I wasn't aware they had stopped the service.

CalebS

Yes, they can be very slow though. On my last trip I waited 50 minutes for a bus from hollywood studios to ak. Very irritating

GoofZ

They used to offer it as additional thing you could purchase a few years ago, I believe it was called Express Transportation. It was great when it was offered, very quick and not packed at all (which was probably its downfall).

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
I'm confused as to why you think its a new thing?
Yes they have transportation between the parks.
A couple years ago they had a service where you didn't even have to leave the park in order to get a shuttle from park to park however it seemed like even mist would stop the service since it was based behind the scenes and there were not proper structures for the CM and guests to wait out of the elements. (maybe this is what you had been thinking of for park to park buses?)

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Surprised there is still a HS <> EPCOT bus, considering the boat and Skyliner options. Unless, it is a reduced schedule like the Skyliner Resorts.
From the link to the WDW bus question page:

dreamfinder

Surprised there is still a HS <> EPCOT bus, considering the boat and Skyliner options. Unless, it is a reduced schedule like the Skyliner Resorts.

We would frequently pass the Epcot bus on our to Epcot using the walking path. The CM would always tell us the bus was going to Epcot, and would seem confused when we would pass on their offer of the bus and instead continue to walk.

Chip Chipperson

They used to offer it as additional thing you could purchase a few years ago, I believe it was called Express Transportation. It was great when it was offered, very quick and not packed at all (which was probably its downfall).

My wife and I loved that service. For us, it was worth every penny to pay for the week and use it throughout our stay. It was always a little disorienting to enter a park through a backstage area and have to figure out exactly where we were versus where we needed to go but we loved the convenience of not going through the security bag check at each park or having to walk from the back of Magic Kingdom to the bus stop and then from the next park's bus stop to where we were headed (usually somewhere in the back of that park LOL).

Like you said, it was never crowded and that's probably why they stopped offering the service. We had an entire bus to ourselves on more than 1 occasion and were never on a bus with more than maybe 2 other groups. We both suspected it wouldn't last based on the apparent low usage but we hoped it would be given a chance to maybe eventually catch on with enough guests to make it worth keeping.

Eamethyst

Has park to park bussing happened yet? For those with park hopper tickets it would make travel between parks shorter.
There are several free transportation that Disney offers to their Hotel/ resort guests along with their park guests. There has always been free park to park transportation. The ticket and transportations offers busses to all parks. Ferries to Magic Kingdom, Monorals to MK, Epcot, hotels. Also the new way to travel with Disney. the gondolas. Disney does offer buss parking to the Mk when the monorails are not working. I have ridden their buses to MK last year.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom