Disney Dining Plus Plan

DisneyDreamer08

Original Poster
I just read on another site Disney will soon be announcing the Disney Dining Plus Plan. Rumored to be two table service per day.

Table service meals are time consuming (and so much food!) so one a day is plenty for me but I could maybe see this working if you did a pre park opening breakfast and dinner🤷‍♀️

Last edited:

nickys

Premium Member
I just read on another site Disney will soon be announcing the Disney Dining Plus Plan. Rumored to be two table service per day.

Table service meals are time consuming (and so much food!) so one a day is plenty for me but I could make see this working if you did a pre park opening breakfast and dinner🤷‍♀️

Those two credits can be used for both TS and QS. The pricing will be key here, likely you will find it hard to get value if you only do one TS a day, unless one of them is a character meal. That might tip the balance.

I would expect more details to be announced very soon if it’s true, the articles say it starts Feb 28th I think. I don’t know where the original source is for this though, haven’t looked at the timings of the articles / tweets etc.

correcaminos

Table service meals are time consuming (and so much food!) so one a day is plenty for me but I could make see this working if you did a pre park opening breakfast and dinner🤷‍♀️
They already have a 3 meal a day plan so this sounds like it would be between the regular and deluxe. Good for those who do breakast/brunch and dinner.

We don't do even one TS a day but this would be a good in between for many. We don't spend all day at parks though so it's a food amount issue, not time for us.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
They already have the Deluxe dining plan which includes 3 meals per day and can be used at TS or QS so not sure how the ability to have more than one TS meal per day is coming as some big shock.

It actually makes decent sense too since they have a 2 QS dining plan and a 1 QS/1TS plan so why not have a 2 TS plan for those who don't need 3 meals per day?
I'll probably stick to the regular DDP but still it makes sense for it to be an offer.

Tornat

I think this just means there going to be a price hike on the current dining plans. would book one before this comes out , can always cancel and switch to it if its a better deal.

Joeamc

Table service meals are time consuming (and so much food!) so one a day is plenty for me but I could maybe see this working if you did a pre park opening breakfast and dinner🤷‍♀️
Im really curious what the pricing will be

Joeamc

This plan really appeals to me. I have done the Deluxe dining plan in the past, but as much as I love to eat, it was really too much food. I have also done the basic meal plan and being that I am not a big fan of counter service I was left with a lot of QS credits. My family and I like to have an early table service lunch around 11:30-12 noon and a dinner around 6:30-7 pm. So this plan will be perfect for us. I have been wishing and hoping for this exact plan for a long time.

HouCuseChickie

We've done the regular plan and the deluxe plan, and while this is probably closer to how we eat since we like 2 TS a day, I still see us doing better monetarily by just paying OOP. I know people enjoy the plan convenience, but I doubt this plan is being priced to favor you ordering the cheaper items on the menu. i.e. some nights I want chicken and don't want to feel like my dining credit is being poorly used by not going for the priciest menu options...not to mention the nights I want just appetizers, or three cocktails, no dessert, and let's not even get into the value of two credits vs. the OOP cost of a signature.

ninjaprincesst

It would be a nice little added tier. Since they added this I wonder if they will go back to letting the Moderate Resorts get the regular dining plan with free dining? tn the could separate it out let the values have free quick service, the ods get free dining, the Deluxes get dining plus.

Joeamc

We've done the regular plan and the deluxe plan, and while this is probably closer to how we eat since we like 2 TS a day, I still see us doing better monetarily by just paying OOP. I know people enjoy the plan convenience, but I doubt this plan is being priced to favor you ordering the cheaper items on the menu. i.e. some nights I want chicken and don't want to feel like my dining credit is being poorly used by not going for the priciest menu options...not to mention the nights I want just appetizers, or three cocktails, no dessert, and let's not even get into the value of two credits vs. the OOP cost of a signature.
I hear you, and I agree. Sometimes my wife just wants a Salad as dinner. And sometimes me and her split a burger. So I totally hear you.

Disney.Mike

I would use a 2 TS per day plan. I like the 1 QS and 1 TS, as well. I've used the deluxe a few times, but find that its too much food. When we had the deluxe we would eat a 2 credit meal almost every day.

A 2 table service plan would be great if its priced properly... But what I would really like is a 2 QS 1 TS plan per day

I dont like eating TS for lunch so with this we would probably do a late breakfast (9amish) and early dinner (4:30-5) daily

DisneyJoe

Im really curious what the pricing will be
From DVC members page, pre-tax amounts

Disney_Dining_Plan_Pricing.jpg

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
This could work for us, me and my wife little TS for Lunch and Dinner, so depending on the break-even this might be a good option.

KrzyKtty

This appeals to us; we will probably use it next year. We sometimes eat two TS a day. At Epcot it may be 3. It is the QS we eat less of. However, the deluxe was to much. Between this plan and concierge level, shouldn't have to pay for any food out of pocket, just tips.

Last edited:

Jon81uk

This could work for us, me and my wife little TS for Lunch and Dinner, so depending on the break-even this might be a good option.

Based on the $88 figure above you might find it hard to come out ahead, but the break-even looks slightly easier than the regular plan.

Take off $10 for the two snacks.
That makes it $38 per table service meal.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Based on the $88 figure above you might find it hard to come out ahead, but the break-even looks slightly easier than the regular plan.

Take off $10 for the two snacks.
That makes it $38 per table service meal.
We tend to spend (admittedly too much) on the higher side at TS restaurants but yeah, I don't think we would make out like bandits :joyfull:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom