Best resort for a girls trip?

Minnie1986

Original Poster
Hey everyone! My best friend and I will both be having a milestone birthday next year and are huge fans of the mouse, so we’ll be celebrating at WDW! Since next year is also the 50th anniversary, we figure what better way to really ring it in!

With all of that being said, what are your votes for a moderate, possibly deluxe level on property resort for two women (sharing a room). We are diehard park goers but would also like a resort at which we can relax. Likely will be staying a week (sometime in late September or October) and taking a day off in the middle to recharge. I’ve only ever done value resorts, but for the big birthday, we wanna treat ourselves!

Any suggestions or help would be really appreciated! Thanks!

jaklgreen

I guess it would depend on what you are planning to do. If you are going to spend most of your time in Epcot, it is food and wine season that time of year) then I would go for Beach Club since it is walking distance and is a nice resort to hang out in. POR and POFQ are nice moderate resorts but with the new tower at CSR, they have added some new places to hang out, like the restaurant/bar on the water. Wilderness lodge and the Poly are both beautiful in their own way. Have fun.

Darstarr

In the Parks
No
Poly!
I have done girls trips there and loved it!
The grounds are beautiful and make you feel like you are somewhere else. (Bonus: its like two trips in one!)
Great food and drink options including poolside.
The pools are great as is the view from the beach. MK fireworks without the crowds anyone?
You can walk to the Transportation and ticket center and hop a monorail to Epcot. So easy.
Boat or monorail to Magic Kingdom.
I am DVC so the DVC studios had two showers. Only one toilet but two separate spaces to get ready in!!!
Consider renting DVC points if this appeals to you.
BTW, girls trips are fun no matter where you stay!!! Happy Birthday!🎈

Minnesota disney fan

Congratulations on your upcoming girl trip! I have a group of friends with whom I go on girl trips! Lots of fun. Sadly, none of my good friends are Disney fanatics, so you are so lucky.
Let's see, if I was celebrating a milestone BD and a girl trip (and money were no object) I would pick a deluxe simply because everyone needs to be pampered once in a while. :) Whatever you pick will be great, after all it is Disney world!!!

Minnie1986

Original Poster
I guess it would depend on what you are planning to do. If you are going to spend most of your time in Epcot, it is food and wine season that time of year) then I would go for Beach Club since it is walking distance and is a nice resort to hang out in. POR and POFQ are nice moderate resorts but with the new tower at CSR, they have added some new places to hang out, like the restaurant/bar on the water. Wilderness lodge and the Poly are both beautiful in their own way. Have fun.
Thank you!! Our itinerary will mostly involve spending a day in each park but not going at a crazy pace (hence why we’re staying for 7 days) with one of those days being spent out of the parks to rest (maybe we’ll do downtown Disney or resort hop that day)? We’re definitely excited for F&W! I think we’re looking at Poly, POFQ and POR right now. Any preference between the three?

Minnie1986

Original Poster
I always recommend POFQ because of the limited size of the resort and the boat to DS is very relaxing, but as @jaklgreen said I think anyone looking at a moderate as got to take a look at CSR with the new tower. It almost seems like a deluxe in the moderate category.

Regardless of where you stay, have a great time!
Didn’t even know about the new tower at CSR (completing my PhD had consumed my life, so this will be my first trip to WDW in way too long)! We both really like CSR and POFQ is a personal favorite of my BFF. Neither of us has stayed at Poly before. Maybe we’ll treat ourselves and go for it? Thanks!

Minnie1986

Original Poster
Poly!
I have done girls trips there and loved it!
The grounds are beautiful and make you feel like you are somewhere else. (Bonus: its like two trips in one!)
Great food and drink options including poolside.
The pools are great as is the view from the beach. MK fireworks without the crowds anyone?
You can walk to the Transportation and ticket center and hop a monorail to Epcot. So easy.
Boat or monorail to Magic Kingdom.
I am DVC so the DVC studios had two showers. Only one toilet but two separate spaces to get ready in!!!
Consider renting DVC points if this appeals to you.
BTW, girls trips are fun no matter where you stay!!! Happy Birthday!🎈
I think you might’ve just sold me on Poly :)

Darstarr

In the Parks
No
I think you might’ve just sold me on Poly :)
It is expensive. Look into renting DVC points and it might be cheaper. I just booked a girls food and wine long weekend for the end of September at the Poly. Don’t wait too long if you are going to try to rent points!
Have fun!!!

Club Cooloholic

Hey everyone! My best friend and I will both be having a milestone birthday next year and are huge fans of the mouse, so we’ll be celebrating at WDW! Since next year is also the 50th anniversary, we figure what better way to really ring it in!

With all of that being said, what are your votes for a moderate, possibly deluxe level on property resort for two women (sharing a room). We are diehard park goers but would also like a resort at which we can relax. Likely will be staying a week (sometime in late September or October) and taking a day off in the middle to recharge. I’ve only ever done value resorts, but for the big birthday, we wanna treat ourselves!

Any suggestions or help would be really appreciated! Thanks!
I would consider Beach Club or Boardwalk as there are lots of options to eat and drink at right in Epcot or the Boardwalk.

Minnie1986

Original Poster
It is expensive. Look into renting DVC points and it might be cheaper. I just booked a girls food and wine long weekend for the end of September at the Poly. Don’t wait too long if you are going to try to rent points!
Have fun!!!
Thanks! How does one go about renting DVC points?

NiarrNDisney

My vote goes to Coronado Springs resort for the variety of dining as well as "nightlife" options.

edit: Plus CSR is one of the only resorts that has a Salon and Spa.

Last edited:

BASS

I'd stay on one of the Boardwalk hotels (Boardwalk, Dolphin, Swan, Beach Club, Yacht Club). There are plenty of restaurants and bars within walking distance from any of those hotels so you'll have options at night. I'd prefer those hotels as opposed to "stand-alone" options.

jaklgreen

Thank you!! Our itinerary will mostly involve spending a day in each park but not going at a crazy pace (hence why we’re staying for 7 days) with one of those days being spent out of the parks to rest (maybe we’ll do downtown Disney or resort hop that day)? We’re definitely excited for F&W! I think we’re looking at Poly, POFQ and POR right now. Any preference between the three?

I like them all for different reasons. If you are planning on more resort time, then I would go with the Poly. Not only is that resort beautiful, you are on the monorail line and can check out the other resorts. If you plan on spending that day at Disney Springs, stay at POR, POFQ. I don't think that you can go wrong with any of those resorts. I just booked my October trip for POFQ. It has been a few years since I have stayed there because I purchased DVC, but my points are going to an Aulani trip this year so am paying cash. I like the one bus stop at POFQ, and the beignets.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom