Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disney Experience

So we are now 18 months into this event and the CDC has done no research into the longevity of natural immunity?

As to.skill certificate, both certificate of vaccinated and.natural immunity come from governmental health entities, if not the same county Department of Health
There is research:

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I don't understand why people who have some amount of immunity from a previous infection would object to getting the vaccine anyway. What am I missing?
That’s the new talking point now. Did you see any pictures from the “protest“ at WDW? A number of the signs referenced recognizing natural immunity. I am assuming this is making its way around the social media echo chambers since most of the narratives are spread from a handful of sources.

Lilofan

The doctor has him scheduled as first patient of the day when possible and they take him straight to a room. If that's not possible, they call from the car and he goes in the side entrance straight to a room. There is no waiting room anymore.
If patients are waiting in their car waiting to be called as a walk in or scheduled appt, I'd suggest having a full tank of gas since the AC needs to be running on high while waiting and idling in the car in my area.

JoeCamel

That’s the new talking point now. Did you see any pictures from the “protest“ at WDW? A number of the signs referenced recognizing natural immunity. I am assuming this is making its way around the social media echo chambers since most of the narratives are spread from a handful of sources.
I guess they may be foreign actors but I'm not saying conspiracy. Just a focused push to use social media to disrupt our society.

Wendy Pleakley

We got to 85% far faster than you or I thought a couple months back! Now that there is some pressure on all provinces (especially the ones with more people to convert), I'm actually pretty confident we'll get there surprisingly soon.

Like maybe even 4 - 6 weeks.

Do I want 100%? Sure... but 90% I actually think is the correct goal.

And I did not mean to make it an embarrass the US post. Just more in terms of where the goal lines actually need to be set. The US should really be aiming for 80%+ at the end of the day. 60% is definitely not good enough (Alberta is an absolute mess, they are converting Pediatric OR's and PICU's to Covid adult ICU's as we speak). 75% of Pediatric OR's have been closed as of yesterday. They are starting to fly patients out of province to Ontario.

I do think 90% is unrealistic for the US, unfortunately. We just all know there are way more people who will never change their mind.

There is math one can google, but the difference between 70% vaccinated, 75% vaccinated, 80% vaccinated, etc. is extremely significant in terms of reducing spread. We tend to think, 5% is a minor difference, but it really isn't.

lazyboy97o

It’s not new. It was used as an excuse for why people shouldn’t stay home, distance, wear a mask and now it’s get a vaccine

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
There is math one can google, but the difference between 70% vaccinated, 75% vaccinated, 80% vaccinated, etc. is extremely significant in terms of reducing spread. We tend to think, 5% is a minor difference, but it really isn't.

How we will stop the pandemic once and for all for good? Developing future vaccines will quicker than COVID-19 vaccines before future pandemic happens in the future right?

Nubs70

There is research:
It's a start but needs a larger sample size.

drizgirl

So is the recommendation for 65+ boosters just for Pfizer? What about Moderna? I heard at one point they were maybe testing out a lower dose for a potential booster.

JoeCamel

So the assumption is that it will be a full dose for anyone over 65? I need to get my parents in for boosters as soon as things are finalize
I don't know until they say but I would think it is the same. They were talking about a reduced dose being developed but why not reduce the amount injected? Moderna had a larger dose of the their active agent than Pfizer did so it could be either way.

correcaminos

I don't understand why people who have some amount of immunity from a previous infection would object to getting the vaccine anyway. What am I missing?
I know some parents who are worried their kids will develop myocarditis or something like that. Personally, it's all fears to me and we need to help them get over it.

lazyboy97o

I can't stand the new talking point. "I trust my immune system". It's such a stupid thing to say, and it shows they truly lack any understanding on how the immune system actually works.
They also clearly don’t understand how vaccines work as they usually follow up with advice on things to take to “boost” the immune system, just not something actually designed and shown to “boost” the immune system.

sullyinMT

I know some parents who are worried their kids will develop myocarditis or something like that. Personally, it's all fears to me and we need to help them get over it.
I’m a little (ok, a lot) more forgiving of parents. It’s tough to feel like you could be failing your children. Those parents deserve to know the facts of MISC, though, and the relative risk of vaccination vs covid infection in their child(ren).

correcaminos

I’m a little (ok, a lot) more forgiving of parents. It’s tough to feel like you could be failing your children. Those parents deserve to know the facts of MISC, though, and the relative risk of vaccination vs covid infection in their child(ren).
But if the kid had covid already then what do you say?

Not here to judge either way tbh. I'd vaccinate my kid no matter what as I know chances of myocarditis are low and it's mild and temporary. Not a huge risk to me. But I can appreciate a parent's legit worry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom