Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
As time goes on, we keep inching towards vaccine passports.
In some places. Right now there are at least 5 states looking to ban or limit vaccine passports and those states make up almost 20% of the total population. Becoming a big political talking point like everything else Covid. I think we are going to see very uneven vaccine acceptance rates by state and as a result herd immunity will only be reached regionally. Unfortunately the states with lower vaccine acceptance may also be the same states where vaccine passports are banned and states like CA and NY where they are already being rolled out would have likely had a very high vaccine rate anyway.

oceanbreeze77

In some places. Right now there are at least 5 states looking to ban or limit vaccine passports and those states make up almost 20% of the total population.
I really dont think that they will hold up in court, especially when it comes to what private businesses can do, its not a HIPAA violation and it can be easily monitored(once the system is in place).
I agree that it'll become its own political debate, but I dont see how the ban holds up in federal court. And the states that do implement vaccine passports have a major influence on the entire country, especially CA and its economy.

Prince-1

I'm a physicians assistant, have been in medicine since high school in some form or another. I understand how vaccines and transmission works. But nobody here has given me any evidence to back their claims, instead you all have fear mongered people and basically called those who don't want a vaccine idiots. I understand the name calling or belitting people when you don't have a leg to stand on.

So prove it to me, these are your statements. Your arguments, shouldn't you be telling people why they should get it and back it up with legitimate information? No that would make sense. Instead let's just hate.

We only hate ignorance and stupidity. The two things that have caused this pandemic to continue to spread in the world and caused untold number of deaths. But hey, you’re a PA. You must know what you are talking about. 😉

mmascari

Seriously, after a year of this, I don't get where some people still have the energy to keep complaining about it in day-to-day life. Yes, I think the masks are uncomfortable and no, I don't like wearing them but that's the exact same excuse I get from my son when I try to get him to put on shorts these days... So if I want him to wear shorts, I have to lead by example and wear a mask.

Parenthood's hard like that.
For a good laugh, go back and read the last 10 pages (probably any 10), and replace the word “mask” with “pants” in every post. Remember to visualize while you do. ;)

Parker in NYC

Original Poster
We only hate ignorance and stupidity. The two things that have caused this pandemic to continue to spread in the world and caused untold number of deaths. But hey, you’re a PA. You must know what you are talking about. 😉
We keep living the same story here over and over. Looks like we just got to the point (again) where someone says they’re in medicine and then pulls a lose-lose ultimatum. Can we just skip to the end, I’m tired.

correcaminos

Oh, sweetie! (I say that with love). I can relate. As an eternally shy person, I don’t mind hiding behind a mask. Of course, my partner is like... stop. We knew it was bad when I started checking in the mirror before going out to see if a particular mask made me look fat. Seriously.
I don't know whether to laugh or offer a hug. Not eternally shy, just not confident in appearances.

Prince-1

We keep living the same story here over and over. Looks like we just got to the point (again) where someone says they’re in medicine and then pulls a lose-lose ultimatum. Can we just skip to the end, I’m tired.

Funny you say that but I am retired from medicine. And let’s just say I went to school a lot longer to get my degree than a person does to become a PA. But I’m sure Mr. Hollywood is quite knowledgeable in the science of epidemiology. I’ll defer to his “expertise” on the subject.

mmascari

Oh, sweetie! (I say that with love). I can relate. As an eternally shy person, I don’t mind hiding behind a mask. Of course, my partner is like... stop. We knew it was bad when I started checking in the mirror before going out to see if a particular mask made me look fat. Seriously.
This particular post may be less funny replacing “mask” with “pants”. The exception to prove the rule.

There’s no reason you shouldn’t think of your mask just like any other clothes. Some days paper may be fine, some days you want to go fancy. Some days silly.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Funny you say that but I am retired from medicine. And let’s just say I went to school a lot longer to get my degree than a person does to become a PA. But I’m sure Mr. Hollywood is quite knowledgeable in the science of epidemiology. I’ll defer to his intelligence on the subject.
You don't by chance know of somebody selling snake oil er um essential oils to cure diseases;)

Parker in NYC

Original Poster
Funny you say that but I am retired from medicine. And let’s just say I went to school a lot longer to get my degree than a person does to become a PA. But I’m sure Mr. Hollywood is quite knowledgeable in the science of epidemiology. I’ll defer to his “expertise” on the subject.
Apologies, it’s just that in the last year, a lot of people have resorted to identifying their « expertise » (my damn phone doesn’t work right now) in the medical, economic, and political science fields in this thread as a means of stonewalling. I could just as easily say I have a house in Golden Oak, so I know about the ins and outs of poor taste, I mean wealth.

Prince-1

Apologies, it’s just that in the last year, a lot of people have resorted to identifying their « expertise » (my damn phone doesn’t work right now) in the medical, economic, and political science fields in this thread as a means of stonewalling. I could just as easily say I have a house in Golden Oak, so I know about the ins and outs of poor taste, I mean wealth.

Oh no worries. I don’t discuss anything medical related on here. And it’s way more fun reading all the posts from people on here who became medical experts during the pandemic because they read lots of articles with big doctor words. 😉

Last edited:

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
this potentially new India strain is the one that actually has me worried. I know their vaccination rate is low, but what's happening there is absolutely NUTS. Its reminiscent of china in the early days, but probably will get much worse.
Don't worry dude, US has best vaccines in the world than India. The vaccines in USA will take care of beat any new variants.

yonafunu

this potentially new India strain is the one that actually has me worried. I know their vaccination rate is low, but what's happening there is absolutely NUTS. Its reminiscent of china in the early days, but probably will get much worse.
Israel already published a special note saying vaccines seems to work against this strain. Not a scientific paper but observations. We have to wait to see the real life results. Again there is more than 5500 strain and mutation (and counting) since one year, the vaccines (pzifer/moderna at least) work against all. AZ/JJ seems to work less. Don't panic folks, even if one is more contagious or more resistant to vaccine, a quick modification of the ARNm vaccines (few weeks..) and we are ready to go again. Be glad to be in a country with this level of science...it's just phenomenal the work accomplished in only one year :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom