Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I'm sure; I enjoy this thread when it's about Disney, COVID numbers, intelligent discussion. I recognize some elements of politics might get muddled in (like the dumb mask debate; shouldn't be a debate, just wear the damn thing). but i come here to get away from the cynical, bitter, 24/7 news coverage and constant infighting over an election thats been said and done.

Every thing is tedious/tired at this point.

Every person...every opinion...the facts...the complete crap. It’s all tired. We all are in the line and the line forms right behind me.

However...the actual numbers are what are really tired today when talking about travel and amusement parks...really tired.

DisneyCane

Thanks for the honesty (sincerely)...but did you honestly think anyone didn’t know that? (Sincerely)

You're welcome! Maybe things are going to get better in the world. First, I had several agreements with @GoofGoof yesterday and now today we've had a cordial exchange! :)

Anybody that has read a lot of my posts would certainly conclude that on their own. I wanted to be up front and clear for anybody who hasn't since I was commenting that not very many Trump supporters would actually refuse a vaccine out of spite over an election result.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I can't wait to see the interpretation of the bolded portion.

I assume it means:
1. Don’t go into spaces in crowds unprotected.
2. Avoid places with crowds that aren’t necessary to be in.

1607111500300.jpeg

1607111571491.jpeg

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
You're welcome! Maybe things are going to get better in the world. First, I had several agreements with @GoofGoof yesterday and now today we've had a cordial exchange! :)

Anybody that has read a lot of my posts would certainly conclude that on their own. I wanted to be up front and clear for anybody who hasn't since I was commenting that not very many Trump supporters would actually refuse a vaccine out of spite over an election result.

I don’t think it’s a forgone conclusion that people HAVE to disagree

In my years swimming the “ocean” of internet disfandom...I’ve often noticed common ground and changes to people and their takes over the years. It’s a sign of maturity/wisdom...more ears and less vocal cords often works.

DisneyDebRob

You mean if they both looked like that when only custodial/horticulture is trolling around in the middle of the night??
I have to admit that over the last 8-9 months I have been enjoying my space. When someone is within 10 feet I’m giving them the eye. 🙂 Little exaggeration there but you know what I mean
I would not mind that at all. Just me and the shrubbery folks(Monty Python) floating around the place.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Hey. Remember when people belittled catching COVID because you need a certain imagined viral load and you're probably not going to reach that threshold regularly?

Now, that may be true, but the 'novel' in the 'novel coronavirus' meant no one could know yet what the viral load is needed to get infected.

Well, anyway.... if positivity and number of cases is spiking everywhere, then your chance of hitting that viral load threshold (whatever it is) has just increased.

Be outside in a crowd of 100 people and not worry if one person has COVID? Sure, take that risk. Now, would you take that risk if 12 of them had COVID?

The number of times one gets exposed -- because more and more are infected -- the more likely you get it.

That's why a "mask all the time" policy is necessary. Viral load is doubling, tripling, quadrupling...

DisneyDebRob

Hey. Remember when people belittled catching COVID because you need a certain imagined viral load and you're probably not going to reach that threshold regularly?

Now, that may be true, but the 'novel' in the 'novel coronavirus' meant no one could know yet what the viral load is needed to get infected.

Well, anyway.... if positivity and number of cases is spiking everywhere, then your chance of hitting that viral load threshold (whatever it is) has just increased.

Be outside in a crowd of 100 people and not worry if one person has COVID? Sure, take that risk. Now, would you take that risk if 12 of them had COVID?

The number of times one gets exposed -- because more and more are infected -- the more likely you get it.

That's why a "mask all the time" policy is necessary. Viral load is doubling, tripling, quadrupling...
After reading your post I thought immediately of one of my favorite concert DVD’s from the Talking Heads..”Stop Making Sense”.

BrianLo

Disney Cruise Line Coronavirus (COVID-19) Travel Alert​

December 4, 2020

Disney Cruise Line Extends Suspension of All Departures Through February 28, 2021

Our team at Disney Cruise Line remains focused on the health and well-being of our Guests and team members. We are continuing to carefully review the guidance from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and are working toward resuming operations.

As we continue to refine our protocols for our eventual return to service, we have decided to cancel all departures through February 28, 2021. Sailings are cancelled onboard the Disney Magic through February 25; the Disney Wonder and Disney Dream through February 26; and the Disney Fantasy through February 27.

Guests booked on affected sailings who have paid their reservation in full will be offered the choice of a cruise credit to be used for a future sailing or a full refund. Guests who have not paid their reservations in full will automatically receive a refund of what they have paid so far. Affected Guests and travel agents will receive an email from Disney Cruise Line outlining details and next steps.

Guests who've booked their reservation through a travel agent should contact them directly with any questions. Those who've booked directly with Disney Cruise Line and have questions after receiving their email should call (866) 325-6685 or (407) 566-7797.

I'm going out on a limb that the cruise industry can't resume until they can ask for proof of vaccination (and have their crew vaccinated). Or near to it. I still expect at least one more delay, maybe with half-hearted attempts to resume May 1 or real attempts July 1.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

I’ll help you out here:

“Every hoaxer was wrong...every...single...one”

sullyinMT

I'm going out on a limb that the cruise industry can't resume until they can ask for proof of vaccination (and have their crew vaccinated). Or near to it. I still expect at least one more delay, maybe with half-hearted attempts to resume May 1 or real attempts July 1.
Probably not at this point. Might as well wait it out. At least for the adults/12+/16+ (whatever the authorized age ends up being). Even at that point, the amount of people on board below that age threshold is pretty low as a % even on Disney, greatly reducing the risk of an outbreak.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Probably not at this point. Might as well wait it out. At least for the adults/12+/16+ (whatever the authorized age ends up being). Even at that point, the amount of people on board below that age threshold is pretty low as a % even on Disney, greatly reducing the risk of an outbreak.

Disney can wait...not sure about the bigger players though. Not without substantial bailout help...and unfortunately they don’t really deserve it.

sullyinMT

Disney can wait...not sure about the bigger players though. Not without substantial bailout help...and unfortunately they don’t really deserve it.
I think that's why we see RCI in Asia trying something, and Carnival brands in Europe. DCL can wait a few months, and likely won't be the first to let guests across the gangway here in the US. They may not be far behind (a la UOR/SW and WDW), but they're not going to be the trendsetter. NCL recently had a casting call for theater shows, DCL is still quiet. The thing going for the cruise lines is their coopetition of sorts with CLIA and the sharing of info, so that they can bounce ideas off each other and be on one (relative) footing from an offerings standpoint.

And I agree, the skirting of the passenger vessel act and all that all lines do to largely avoid US tax and labor law puts them below the bottom rung of deserving bailouts (beyond whatever US support, officers, and crew did lose employment through no fault of their own).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom