Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jwink

He showed promise and seemed like he was gonna do well. Crossed party lines and tried to protect the Everglades. But now this.
He also pardoned and exonerated a group of men accused of murder back in the day that we now know didn’t do it... but their families were still looked down on. I didn’t vote for him but he DID start to do some things that made me go.... hmmm! Maybe he’s ok 🤦🏼‍♀️🙄

GoofGoof

Premium Member
In reference to our discussion on when to roll back Covid restrictions, President-elect Biden says he will ask the nation to wear masks for 100 days after he takes office. He specifically states, not forever - just 100 days. That puts us at May 1st. It’s his belief that universal masking in conjunction with the start of the vaccination process will drive down the number of cases significantly if everyone gets on board.

I don’t think this means there will be no masks anywhere as of May 1 or that a place like WDW will definitely remove that restriction by that time, but it gives you some idea as to what the new administration is thinking.

hopemax

In reference to our discussion on when to roll back Covid restrictions, President-elect Biden says he will ask the nation to wear masks for 100 days after he takes office. He specifically states, not forever - just 100 days. That puts us at May 1st. It’s his belief that universal masking in conjunction with the start of the vaccination process will drive down the number of cases significantly if everyone gets on board.

I don’t think this means there will be no masks anywhere as of May 1 or that a place like WDW will definitely remove that restriction by that time, but it gives you some idea as to what the new administration is thinking.

Yeah, that anything resembling a National Mask Mandate won't make it past 100 days. And it's not even a mandate, but a request. So we know how that will go.

With the added feature of the whining, after the 100 days and when we go back to state-by-state rules, whether people participated or not, "I thought no more masks after 100 days."

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Yeah, that anything resembling a National Mask Mandate won't make it past 100 days. And it's not even a mandate, but a request. So we know how that will go.

With the added feature of the whining, after the 100 days and when we go back to state-by-state rules, whether people participated or not, "I thought no more masks after 100 days."
It’s tone from the top. We never had a POTUS who actually put out a consistent message on Covid including encouraging people to wear a mask. You won‘t get everyone on board, but it’s better than fighting masks at every turn. It’s not a mandate because it’s not legal to have a federal mandate and there is no mechanism for enforcement. I think it‘s a positive step forward. As far as after 100 days, if people embrace it and you combine masks with other covid protocols and also have millions vaccinated during the same time maybe we won’t need masks by May 1. Australia and New Zealand are down to very few or no cases these days. It’s possible, especially with the vaccine at least half rolled out.

Calmdownnow

It let's people get their photos when one maskless moron would have ruined it for them in the past.
What if someone gets COVID and believes they were infected at Disney, possibly because people on their ride (or earlier in the queue) did not use their mask? Isn't this manipulating possible evidence?

Calmdownnow

An interesting legal angle would be if the govt says a 100 day mask mandate, would health insurance companies be able to invalidate health cover for those who don't comply?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

“Do what you want” sure as hell doesn’t seem to be “sticking” at this point...

So it’s like betting with the house’s money.

Miss Bella

It’s tone from the top. We never had a POTUS who actually put out a consistent message on Covid including encouraging people to wear a mask. You won‘t get everyone on board, but it’s better than fighting masks at every turn. It’s not a mandate because it’s not legal to have a federal mandate and there is no mechanism for enforcement. I think it‘s a positive step forward. As far as after 100 days, if people embrace it and you combine masks with other covid protocols and also have millions vaccinated during the same time maybe we won’t need masks by May 1. Australia and New Zealand are down to very few or no cases these days. It’s possible, especially with the vaccine at least half rolled out.
You're going to have about 70 million people that won't listen to a word Biden says. I'm not sure why you think they would??? I don't want to get political, but just like four years ago when one side said "not my president" you are going to see the same thing this time around on the other side.

I think you're living in some kind of dream world if you think people are going to comply just because POTUS says too.
There are lock down protest going on all over Europe. Your going to see them here. Your also going to vaccine protests. The more force you see by government the more people are going to rebel. Some people think the government should fear the people not the other way around.

_caleb

You're going to have about 70 million people that won't listen to a word Biden says. I'm not sure why you think they would??? I don't want to get political, but just like four years ago when one side said "not my president" you are going to see the same thing this time around on the other side.

I think you're living in some kind of dream world if you think people are going to comply just because POTUS says too.
There are lock down protest going on all over Europe. Your going to see them here. Your also going to vaccine protests. The more force you see by government the more people are going to rebel. Some people think the government should fear the people not the other way around.
Cutting off your nose to spite your face, huh? Maybe then you guys will reconsider wearing masks...

TrainsOfDisney

I don't want to get political, but just like four years ago when one side said "not my president" you are going to see the same thing this time around on the other side.
It’s interesting how this has evolved, up until President Obama I don’t remember so many people saying “he’s not my president!” I thought it was a racist thing with him but now it’s happened with President Trump and of your prediction is true, President Biden will be next.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom