Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
There's something about Dr. Fauci which makes me want to put my complete confidence in him...

1606674410030.png

I see it now. It's the mask. He's wearing two of them.

correcaminos

I feel as if the companies would put that you can’t take an antibody test in a legal document for signature by the patients. It’s imperative that you do not know whether you have the real deal or the placebo
I will triple check my paperwork, but was not mentioned to me at any time I recall. I had no plans to take them as I've heard mixed results on those doing the tests anyway so it could've not been in my memory because I didn't plan to do it. I have 4 copies as they added to the trial each time I went in. So I'll go through one soon for you.

A few people here have been part of the trials. @helenabear or @Disney Experience can probably answer this question for both the Moderna and Pfizer trials.
Thanks! I would have missed it.

DCBaker

Premium Member
"Moderna said Monday it will request emergency clearance from the Food and Drug Administration for its coronavirus vaccine after new data confirms the vaccine is more than 94% effective in preventing Covid-19 and was safe.

Moderna is the second drugmaker to seek emergency use from the FDA after Pfizer, another front-runner in the Covid-19 vaccine race, applied for the same authorization on Nov. 20. The announcement means some Americans could get the first doses of Moderna’s two-dose vaccine within a few weeks.

The new analysis from Moderna evaluated 196 confirmed Covid infections among the late-stage trial’s 30,000 participants. The company said 185 cases of Covid were observed in the placebo group versus 11 cases observed in the group that received its vaccine. That resulted in an estimated vaccine efficacy of 94.1%, the company said."

"It also appears to prevent volunteers from getting severely sick from the virus. Of the 30 severe cases of Covid-19 in the trial, none were in the group that received the vaccine, Moderna said. Additionally, there was one Covid-19 related death in the study that occurred in the placebo group, according to the company.

“This positive primary analysis confirms the ability of our vaccine to prevent COVID-19 disease with 94.1% efficacy and importantly, the ability to prevent severe COVID-19 disease. We believe that our vaccine will provide a new and powerful tool that may change the course of this pandemic and help prevent severe disease, hospitalizations and death,” Moderna CEO Stephane Bancel said in a statement.

Moderna said the vaccine’s effectiveness was consistent across age, race and gender. The 196 confirmed cases included 33 adults over the age of 65 and 42 people from Black, Latino and other “diverse” communities. The vaccine was also well tolerated with the most common side effects being fatigue, muscle pain, headache and pain at the injection site, the company said."

"The FDA’s review of Moderna’s vaccine is expected to take a few weeks. The agency will likely schedule an advisory committee meeting to review the vaccine on Dec. 17, Moderna said. It has already initiated rolling submissions with several regulatory agencies around the world, including the European Medicines Agency."

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
There's something about Dr. Fauci which makes me want to put my complete confidence in him...

View attachment 516238

I see it now. It's the mask. He's wearing two of them.

He did the talk show circuit yesterday (the reputable one that can count) and he looked so damn exhausted. Just tired. One of our most dedicated civil servants for decades that was right all along...and people threw shade at him. Still will never believe that...what a “stain” on the fabric.

I'm afraid what it's going to look like in a few days due to the amount of people traveling for Thanksgiving.

The poop from this latest “I wanna” mass spreader event is going to hit smack dab during the next one.

Mele Kalikimaka, everyone.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
"Moderna said Monday it will request emergency clearance from the Food and Drug Administration for its coronavirus vaccine after new data confirms the vaccine is more than 94% effective in preventing Covid-19 and was safe.

Moderna is the second drugmaker to seek emergency use from the FDA after Pfizer, another front-runner in the Covid-19 vaccine race, applied for the same authorization on Nov. 20. The announcement means some Americans could get the first doses of Moderna’s two-dose vaccine within a few weeks.

The new analysis from Moderna evaluated 196 confirmed Covid infections among the late-stage trial’s 30,000 participants. The company said 185 cases of Covid were observed in the placebo group versus 11 cases observed in the group that received its vaccine. That resulted in an estimated vaccine efficacy of 94.1%, the company said."

"It also appears to prevent volunteers from getting severely sick from the virus. Of the 30 severe cases of Covid-19 in the trial, none were in the group that received the vaccine, Moderna said. Additionally, there was one Covid-19 related death in the study that occurred in the placebo group, according to the company.

“This positive primary analysis confirms the ability of our vaccine to prevent COVID-19 disease with 94.1% efficacy and importantly, the ability to prevent severe COVID-19 disease. We believe that our vaccine will provide a new and powerful tool that may change the course of this pandemic and help prevent severe disease, hospitalizations and death,” Moderna CEO Stephane Bancel said in a statement.

Moderna said the vaccine’s effectiveness was consistent across age, race and gender. The 196 confirmed cases included 33 adults over the age of 65 and 42 people from Black, Latino and other “diverse” communities. The vaccine was also well tolerated with the most common side effects being fatigue, muscle pain, headache and pain at the injection site, the company said."

"The FDA’s review of Moderna’s vaccine is expected to take a few weeks. The agency will likely schedule an advisory committee meeting to review the vaccine on Dec. 17, Moderna said. It has already initiated rolling submissions with several regulatory agencies around the world, including the European Medicines Agency."

While this is certainly encouraging...I hope that they are right about the effectiveness

I don’t want the health care workers not getting the best possible treatment. They deserve it...we owe them.

seascape

While this is certainly encouraging...I hope that they are right about the effectiveness

I don’t want the health care workers not getting the best possible treatment. They deserve it...we owe them.
The interesting thing I heard this morning was that it is not a good ideal to give all the front line healthcare workers the vaccine immediately because of the side effects of the second shot. They should be spread out several days apart incase the pain and possible slight fever may hurt medical coverage. I have to agree that makes some sense.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The interesting thing I heard this morning was that it is not a good ideal to give all the front line healthcare workers the vaccine immediately because of the side effects of the second shot. They should be spread out several days apart incase the pain and possible slight fever may hurt medical coverage. I have to agree that makes some sense.
Heard the same thing...it’s a little too “guinea pig” than I wish it would be.

JoeCamel

I think the mechanics of distributing the vaccine will spread the vaccination schedules out. Have already heard rumblings about staffing shortages to do the inoculation.

sbunit

Agreed. As well as the entire rest of the human population, many of which have been waiting patiently and playing by the rules to curb the spread of this virus. We all deserve to have a safe and effective virus to get us out of this current way of living and back to a state of physical and mental health.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom