Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisneyDebRob

So random COVID Twitter thread of the day...

Someone noticed and commented about all the recent negative reviews on Yankee Candle's website, complaining about the "lack of scent." Someone else decided to review Amazon candle reviews for 2017 - 2020. There have been more negative/lack of scent reviews since the virus reached the US, and the last month has really accelerated.

If you can't smell your new candle, you might want to get a COVID test... and not leave a negative review.
I’ve never thought they had a long lasting scent when burned anyway. Open the lid and it smells so good. Start burning it and barely get a smell. Or maybe I’ve had Covid for the last 20 years. 🙂
Anyway my wife found candles that fill the house for half the price. I have a Christmas one burning now.. makes me want to open presents.

oceanbreeze77

So random COVID Twitter thread of the day...

Someone noticed and commented about all the recent negative reviews on Yankee Candle's website, complaining about the "lack of scent." Someone else decided to review Amazon candle reviews for 2017 - 2020. There have been more negative/lack of scent reviews since the virus reached the US, and the last month has really accelerated.

If you can't smell your new candle, you might want to get a COVID test... and not leave a negative review.
I do think the formula has changed. I LOVE yankee candles (basic, I know) but the last 2 years the scent has decreased. The ones I have this year last for maybe 30 minutes and then the smell fades out, and the smell is kind of weak. But I had some in storage from like 2/3 years ago and when I light those the smell is strong and lasts.

Chi84

Premium Member
I do think the formula has changed. I LOVE yankee candles (basic, I know) but the last 2 years the scent has decreased. The ones I have this year last for maybe 30 minutes and then the smell fades out, and the smell is kind of weak. But I had some in storage from like 2/3 years ago and when I light those the smell is strong and lasts.
I think people are more sensitive to scents these days. When I first started working, lots of people wore perfume or cologne. By the time I retired, there were rules against wearing such scents and it was frowned upon in restaurants and theaters. I know it’s different in a private home, but maybe we are getting used to lighter scents.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Numbers are out - there were 79 new reported deaths.

Screen Shot 2020-11-28 at 2.41.29 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-11-28 at 2.41.37 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-11-28 at 2.41.46 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-11-28 at 2.41.19 PM.png

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I am sorry. I was under the impression that you opposed anyone who opposed restrictions. I opposed Cuomo's insane restrictions on church attendance and agreed with the Supreme Court removing them. If I was wrong I am sorry but I still say unreasonable restrictions need to be removed. Restrictions must be based on science and be reasonable. My biggest regret is that way back when this started I thought Cuomo was doing a good job but the longer this has gone on the worse he is doing.
Yes, you misunderstood what I was saying. I was saying people who downplay the severity of the virus and therefore are opposed to having any Covid related restrictions are Covid deniers. I didn’t mean that anyone who was opposed to any specific restriction is a denier. I agree that the restrictions need to be based in science and be reasonable.

I moved this here from the other thread so we don’t get into trouble for political talk. It’s OK here as long as it’s Covid related.

Figgy1

Premium Member
2 days ina row with lower cases than the previous week. Hopefully that is a trend and not an anomaly of the holiday weekend.
I certainly hope so but ................................................................................:(:(:(:(:(

Jwink

You have a 50% shot of being vaccinated you mean, you could have unknowingly gotten the placebo.
I have a friend who did this trial and went to get the antibody test after her second dose. Kind of a work around to find not if you if you got the vaccine or not.

SamusAranX

I have a friend who did this trial and went to get the antibody test after her second dose. Kind of a work around to find not if you if you got the vaccine or not.

I feel as if the companies would put that you can’t take an antibody test in a legal document for signature by the patients. It’s imperative that you do not know whether you have the real deal or the placebo

GoofGoof

Premium Member
2 days ina row with lower cases than the previous week. Hopefully that is a trend and not an anomaly of the holiday weekend.
Looks like weekend numbers...very close to 11/21 and 11/22 on both positives and tests done. I’m actually surprised that many tests were done on Thanksgiving but I guess with the backlog at the labs the results came out that day but the tests were probably several days earlier. We should in theory see a bigger drop off in testing the next few days as results from Thanksgiving day itself come in. It is a positive that the number of cases isn’t climbing even higher ahead of the holiday bump that is likely to show around 2 weeks into December.

JoeCamel

I feel as if the companies would put that you can’t take an antibody test in a legal document for signature by the patients. It’s imperative that you do not know whether you have the real deal or the placebo
After the second dose? I think the people running the trial would be blind but if you got a test once the vaccine was administered?
I would think as part of the trial they are drawing blood to see what the antibody level is after the vaccine has had time to work?

Think Tink

Premium Member
In the Parks
No
After the second dose? I think the people running the trial would be blind but if you got a test once the vaccine was administered?
I would think as part of the trial they are drawing blood to see what the antibody level is after the vaccine has had time to work?
This is purely a guess, but it might be that if you found you you had the real vaccine you may be change your behavior like going out more and if you had the placebo you may stay in more. They want you to act how you normally would regardless of which you received. But I have no medical background, that’s 100% a guess.

Jwink

I’m not sure- she did it so she could donate plasma.

Jwink

This is purely a guess, but it might be that if you found you you had the real vaccine you may be change your behavior like going out more and if you had the placebo you may stay in more. They want you to act how you normally would regardless of which you received. But I have no medical background, that’s 100% a guess.
She did not change her habits (which were Uber careful in the first place) because she doesn’t know how long the efficacy lasts - so she’s acting as though she never had the vaccine. I know not everyone would be that responsible though.

Jwink

I forget what she said but she goes back in February to see if she’s still immune I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom