Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jrb1979

I don’t believe it, either, for the record. I wouldn’t continue to support the diminished product now if I really thought they were that stupid (or I believed they thought their customers were). The parade route is strategically placed near shops and food kiosks for good reason (and is timed to keep you in park instead of in pool or in room napping). It’s akin to saying the dining plan won’t return. When there’s perceived value beyond corn dog nuggets and pretzels, they’ll bring that cash cow back.
My only concern is that they don’t start recasting and rehearsing and whatever else needs to happen once there is clear light at the end of the tunnel. They’ll need to be ahead of the curve or prolong their recovery and misery further by being overly reactive.
To be clear, I’m not talking two weeks of declining cases as a light at the end. I’m talking we’ve reached effective vaccine distribution to those that want it here AND in other major nations that patronize WDW in a meaningful way to their bottom line.
I disagree. Fireworks and a parade will come back. I think a lot of the streetmosphere is gone for good. Why bring them back when the CM's are the entertainment.

sullyinMT

Good stuff. OK so they need to sell a few more firework dessert tickets to break even ;)
pLuS tHoSe cUpCaKeS cOsT mOnEy! Anyone who has been in the HUB and seen melting Mickey Bars on toddlers’ faces and the abundance of annoying light/bubble wands sold at like 500% margins knows they’re more than breaking even on a showing of HEA. Even on a slow, mid January Wednesday night.

sullyinMT

I disagree. Fireworks and a parade will come back. I think a lot of the streetmosphere is gone for good. Why bring them back when the CM's are the entertainment.
The overall point is that live entertainment will return. I personally doubt CoH, Turtle Talk, or CoM will be part of that. Or, if they are, it’ll be the very last thing.

ImperfectPixie

@Tink242424 what's so funny about the Canadian government giving out $2000 a month to people affected by Covid and helping businesses affected with giving money to will payroll? I don't get it. If you don't feel the government should put in restrictions or give aid to people who need it. Why have any government?
It's that user's standard response to something that doesn't jive with their anti-science opinions.

sullyinMT

Night time shows will be back. At the same level? I sure hope so.

Parades seemed to be on their last leg as well since they had gone down to just 1 per day on both coasts.
I think the parade (singular MK one in some form) will return. I think the one showing is strategic to create the illusion of scarcity. With the abundance of “once in a lifetimers” (that was us years ago 😂), Disney knows they can get away with one parade and get huge attendance for it. They also know it will create a frenzy of those folks lining up near Plaza Ice Cream or Sleepy Hollow like an hour or more before and drive more traffic there.
I do wish there was a little something more to SW:GE, but I can’t put my finger on it. The ambiance of the Wizarding World blows it away, IMHO. Even Africa in AK before they mixed the drummers had a better “feel.”

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I think the parade (singular MK one in some form) will return. I think the one showing is strategic to create the illusion of scarcity. With the abundance of “once in a lifetimers” (that was us years ago 😂), Disney knows they can get away with one parade and get huge attendance for it. They also know it will create a frenzy of those folks lining up near Plaza Ice Cream or Sleepy Hollow like an hour or more before and drive more traffic there.
I do wish there was a little something more to SW:GE, but I can’t put my finger on it. The ambiance of the Wizarding World blows it away, IMHO. Even Africa in AK before they mixed the drummers had a better “feel.”
My predictions (hopes):
MK: day parade comes back. I am still hopeful for a night parade, plus fireworks show with castle projection
EPCOT: night show comes back
DHS: Fantasmic back, maybe something for SW too
AK: something at night?
I think a night parade at MK and something for AK are less certain, the other stuff I feel pretty good about.

I think the main thing SW is missing is streetmosphere. One of the best parts of Disney parks is they can make a full grown adult feel like a kid again just for a little while. If done well and not cheesy I think most fans of the SW fans would love to have some sort of interactive experience even if it’s just some storm troopers questioning you on where you are going. They have nice little areas carved out to have small fight scenes play out. The whole premise of the main ride is that you join the resistance and fly up to a start destroyer and the secondary ride is flying the falcon on a mission. Those are some powerful stories that could easily be played off of with a handful of actors roaming the land. They also need more droids in the land. They are a powerful part of the story. The last thing I’ll add is they need to bring back the classic characters to the land too. All this adds up to hiring more CMs (actors) for the land.

sullyinMT

My predictions (hopes):
MK: day parade comes back. I am still hopeful for a night parade, plus fireworks show with castle projection
EPCOT: night show comes back
DHS: Fantasmic back, maybe something for SW too
AK: something at night?
I think a night parade at MK and something for AK are less certain, the other stuff I feel pretty good about.

I think the main thing SW is missing is streetmosphere. One of the best parts of Disney parks is they can make a full grown adult feel like a kid again just for a little while. If done well and not cheesy I think most fans of the SW fans would love to have some sort of interactive experience even if it’s just some storm troopers questioning you on where you are going. They have nice little areas carved out to have small fight scenes play out. The whole premise of the main ride is that you join the resistance and fly up to a start destroyer and the secondary ride is flying the falcon on a mission. Those are some powerful stories that could easily be played off of with a handful of actors roaming the land. They also need more droids in the land. They are a powerful part of the story. The last thing I’ll add is they need to bring back the classic characters to the land too. All this adds up to hiring more CMs (actors) for the land.
All reasonable. I’d expect night parades at MK to be tied to parties, like MNSSHP and MVMCP. Again, upsell the scarcity.
I think you hit the nail on the head for SW. They’re relying too heavily on the “data pad” and your own droid depot purchase interacting. My kids have a droid each, but I’m not wasting suitcase space for those things each time we visit. It’s a beautiful space for SW fans, with plenty of Easter eggs to enjoy. But it gets stale quick.

Last edited:

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Are they any stats to back up what you are saying. Just curious.
How many people not being honest?
How many not complying? What is a decent number of people.
Not trying to start anything, but how are you quantifying your comments.

You are correct masks may only slightly reduce. Family member, most ardent mask wearing and shamer, got covid and was in hospital.
Makes one question the validity.

Are you really basing the effectiveness of something on a single case?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom