Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

ParentsOf4

OCR has updated their original article with this -

Orange County Health Care Agency director Clayton Chau said during the Orange County Board of Supervisors meeting on Tuesday, Oct. 20 that it will be difficult for Orange County to reach the yellow “minimal” tier until there’s a vaccine.

“I think for a large county like us, especially a county with institutions of higher education where folks come in from outside the county and outside the state, it’s going to be very hard to achieve the yellow tier,” Chau said during the meeting. “Personally, I think that we can look forward to a yellow tier by next summer, hopefully.”

I expect a real-estate mogul to come in over the next 6 months and buy properties cheap as they go bankrupt. Sad, very sad. Someone is going to get very rich from this. :(

EPCOT-O.G.

I expect a real-estate mogul to come in over the next 6 months and buy properties cheap as they go bankrupt. Sad, very sad. Someone is going to get very rich from this. :(
By “Real-estate mogul,” I presume you mean shell companies which are secretly TWDC a-la their property acquisitions in central Florida throughout the 1960’s. (Pictured below)
F4AF1DCD-D138-4CD6-8C75-915F2E042706.jpeg

Ldno

for those who have been there, do they feel they do a good job at social distancing, in the exit queues of rides? some of them are saying that it’s a cluster and throw all the guidelines out of the window?

Astro Blaster

I dunno - could be just me but the level of government overreach we have seemingly accepted seems downright scary. They opened WDW when Florida was the global epicenter of covid and cases steadily declined for months, people weren’t keeling over left and right on Main St. The whole situation surrounding Disneyland just smells real funny.

DVCakaCarlF

I dunno - could be just me but the level of government overreach we have seemingly accepted seems downright scary. They opened WDW when Florida was the global epicenter of covid and cases steadily declined for months, people weren’t keeling over left and right on Main St. The whole situation surrounding Disneyland just smells real funny.
It’s called an election

JoeCamel

In the 2008 crash Blackrock stepped into Florida placing 2B in foreclosure properties. They are renting/rehabbing/reselling them for a tidy profit. I expect a lot more of this type of shopping and hope it props the market up to a degree.

Last edited:

GoofGoof

Premium Member
In the 2008 crash Blackrock stepped into Florida placing 2B in foreclosure purchases. They are renting/rehabbing/reselling them for a tidy profit. I expect a lot more of this type of shopping and hope it props the market up to a degree.
This time around things are just strange. I follow the housing market closely in the beach towns in NJ near me thinking some day I’m gonna pick up a rental property. The market is insane right now. Houses are selling as fast as pre-bubble and for really high prices. The rich are getting richer. The stock market is soaring, there’s plenty of money changing hands, no capital constraints on the market overall. Then there’s tourist areas where more of the economy revolves around travel and tourism. Those areas could see foreclosures and a glut of available properties. It’s a very uneven distribution of economic strength and weakness. It will be interesting to see how It all plays out. I think the unbroken parts of the economy right now are assuming a major stimulus comes soon and that boosts everyone up.

EPCOT-O.G.

This time around things are just strange. I follow the housing market closely in the beach towns in NJ near me thinking some day I’m gonna pick up a rental property. The market is insane right now. Houses are selling as fast as pre-bubble and for really high prices. The rich are getting richer. The stock market is soaring, there’s plenty of money changing hands, no capital constraints on the market overall. Then there’s tourist areas where more of the economy revolves around travel and tourism. Those areas could see foreclosures and a glut of available properties. It’s a very uneven distribution of economic strength and weakness. It will be interesting to see how It all plays out. I think the unbroken parts of the economy right now are assuming a major stimulus comes soon and that boosts everyone up.
I think the explanation is the wealthy with disposable income have realized with the advent of increased work-from-home capacity they can live anywhere, and are doing so from beach towns (easy access to fresh air outdoors is a plus). I am sure speculators will start to grab up foreclosures and the like in places that will be hit hard like Orlando but they haven’t hit bottom, or approached it yet, so they’re keeping their powder dry. Put simply, the former is a market in demand now due to pandemic, whereas the real estate glut won’t be saturated in touristy towns until a few months from now as people are finally forced to move.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I think the explanation is the wealthy with disposable income have realized with the advent of increased work-from-home capacity they can live anywhere, and are doing so from beach towns (easy access to fresh air outdoors is a plus). I am sure speculators will start to grab up foreclosures and the like in places that will be hit hard like Orlando but they haven’t hit bottom, or approached it yet, so they’re keeping their powder dry. Put simply, the former is a market in demand now due to pandemic, whereas the real estate glut won’t be saturated in touristy towns until a few months from now as people are finally forced to move.
I think that’s exactly the case. NJ is basically a large suburb of NY and philly so lots of people with corporate jobs working from home that aren’t as impacted financially driving demand. Not that I’m trying to take advantage of a worldwide pandemic and other people’s suffering, but normally during/after a major recession is a good time to look into buying, but this time around I think that will be limited to certain markets.

Heppenheimer

There goes my hopes of snatching up a cheap foreclosure in Ocean City.

TrainsOfDisney

I think the explanation is the wealthy with disposable income have realized with the advent of increased work-from-home capacity they can live anywhere, and are doing so from beach towns (easy access to fresh air outdoors is a plus).
Agreed. I wouldn’t describe myself as wealthy but I’ve been looking at lake houses and the like. I figure if I’m going to spend so much time at home, I might as well get a nice view of some mountains and lakes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom