Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lilofan

Just need to say my 27 year old son has been tested positive today. He has not been to pubs, not seen his friends, worn a mask whenever recommended and when not, has socially distanced but has been to work. My husband is a diabetic 71 year old and I am a large lady aged 63. We have only been out twice since March and a few trips to our local park well socially distanced. He is our bubble and is now terrified that he has given it to us. We have arranged a test for tomorrow morning just 1 mile from our house here in the U.K. It would seem that however careful you are the virus will indeed virus. I am scared for my husband and son..........but hopefully all will be fine, but am not looking forward to the next 2 weeks whilst waiting for symptoms to get worse.
I hope all the best for you and your family.

JoeCamel

Just need to say my 27 year old son has been tested positive today. He has not been to pubs, not seen his friends, worn a mask whenever recommended and when not, has socially distanced but has been to work. My husband is a diabetic 71 year old and I am a large lady aged 63. We have only been out twice since March and a few trips to our local park well socially distanced. He is our bubble and is now terrified that he has given it to us. We have arranged a test for tomorrow morning just 1 mile from our house here in the U.K. It would seem that however careful you are the virus will indeed virus. I am scared for my husband and son..........but hopefully all will be fine, but am not looking forward to the next 2 weeks whilst waiting for symptoms to get worse.
So sorry to hear this, when it strikes the home it can be frightening so best of outcomes is what I wish for your family.
I hope your tests come back negative and stay that way. So much we don't know about transmission we can only try to take measures as best we can.
Keep us updated with your progress, I admit a morbid curiosity as most would but I genuinely wish the best for you and yours.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Publix, Walgreens, CVS, Walmart all offer the shot here. Publix will give me $10 store credit if I let my insurance pay them for a shot. Good deal!
Got mine at CVS. I usually get one at work but since I’m working from home now had to change up the plan. It took about 10 mins, in and out and fully covered by insurance. I didn’t get a store credit...it cost me a few bucks since I had to get my kids some candy to bribe them for being good while we waited ;)

ImperfectPixie

I hope your tests come back negative and that your son only has a mild case...and for the best outcomes for all.

sullyinMT

I usually get mine in Oct. With how many people there are afraid to enter a medical building, I wonder if they will come up with other ways for the flu shot to be distributed. Maybe drive thru. The infrastructure is already there with the covid testing sites.
Yeah, I usually wait until November or December, but I just wanted the extra layer early and wanted to beat the October rush by a couple days.
A lot of the pharmacies (all?) inside of grocery stores and warehouse clubs are also distribution sites. DW and I were in Target anyway, so ...

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Hope all works out well. I know it’s totally anecdotal and every situation varies, but my co-worker has an adult brother who tested positive and still lives at home with his parents. They were really worried he may have infected his parents, but neither tested positive or had any symptoms despite living in the same house. His brother just had mild symptoms and recovered fully.

sullyinMT

Publix, Walgreens, CVS, Walmart all offer the shot here. Publix will give me $10 store credit if I let my insurance pay them for a shot. Good deal!
If I pay you for shipping and dry ice, will you send me some of their loaded baked potato salad with that $10 🤣? If there’s one thing this family misses from living in Publix country! 🙃

sullyinMT

As others have said, best wishes and outcomes to you and your family.

Chip Chipperson

I hope he gets better soon and you and your husband stay healthy.

oceanbreeze77

Best wishes to your family. Hopefully the 2 weeks passes by in the blink of an eye and nothing happens. And I am sending good vibes that your son comes out one of the lucky ones.

RSoxNo1

I thought this was an informative article. It seems there is still debate on the degree to which the presence of the virus in aerosols translates to infection from said aerosols. Evidently, it's not so clear-cut.
Isn't this citing an article that the CDC has since said was a draft and not meant for public consumption?

Chomama

If I pay you for shipping and dry ice, will you send me some of their loaded baked potato salad with that $10 🤣? If there’s one thing this family misses from living in Publix country! 🙃
I live in publix country and this is the first I have heard of it! Now I have to go hunting for potato salad tomorrow

FeelsSoGoodToBeBad

I usually get mine in Oct. With how many people there are afraid to enter a medical building, I wonder if they will come up with other ways for the flu shot to be distributed. Maybe drive thru. The infrastructure is already there with the covid testing sites.
Most pharmacies in my area give them. My sister in Southern IN (JayC, a Kroger company) and the local independently-owned pharmacy down the street both give them (our town was about 3700 ppl last census). Additionally, my husband's rhumatologist provides his and my kids usually get theirs from the pediatrician (when my sister isn't sticking them). I can also get them from my local health dept.

Point being: There are numerous other options for getting a flu shot that doesn't involve visiting a traditional medical setting or sitting in a waiting room. At least in the US, that is.

hopemax

This sounds very much like my Dad's friends situation. The son brought it in, even though he was super careful. Both son, his parents, and the other person in my Dad's friend circle have diabetes, obesity and the same sort of age range. Thankfully, everyone only ended up with mild symptoms, so I hope the case will be the same for your family. Have you tried the smell test? It seems like it has turned out to be a pretty reliable symptom, better than temperature checks. So make yourselves some bacon and coffee and if you keep smelling it, that's a good sign.

I know it will be hard, but try not to stress too much. I got an ear infection late last month, and the first indication was a fever. I freaked myself out, but the fever went away after 24 hours without ever going above 100.4, and once the ear pain/pressure started and I knew what it was and could relax a little. But it's stressful, wondering in the back of your mind what's going to happen.

DCBaker

Premium Member
J&J vaccine has begun phase 3 trials -

"Buoyed by positive results in its earlier studies, Johnson & Johnson has begun the final stage of clinical trials for its coronavirus vaccine.

Although they are a couple of months behind the other so-called Phase 3 trials in the United States, Johnson & Johnson’s trials will be the largest, with plans to enroll 60,000 participants. And the experimental vaccine may have considerable advantages over some of its competitors, experts said. It does not need to be stored in subzero temperatures, and it may require just one dose instead of two."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom