Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trauma

Who cares if there is a mask requirement or not. I will never ride public transportation again. I know in November 2020 I was infected with Covid somewhere between Penn Station Newark and Staten Island. It could have been in Newark Penn Station, on the PATH Train or the Ferry or even the SI MTA bus. It doesnt matter where because I wore an N95 mask, wore protective gloves and sat on 3 different plastic seat covers. I did everything I could and so I don't care anymore, no more public transit. People who are sick ride it and it doesn't have to be just with Covid19. I will also never go into a drug store again without a N95 mask. Life is too short to not take reasonable steps to protect my health. Everyone should learn from this and take reasonable steps to protect their health. Take vaccines, wear masks where reasonable wash your hands and just be as safe as you can be.
Ok time for me to get attacked, I’m going to put my foot in the old mouth.

Is it possible that you are adversely effecting your health to a greater degree with all the stress you seem to be under?

I completely understand your stance during the pandemic, but when this is over I feel like treating every single person you see as a threat to your health as problematic.

You have managed to live this long without taking extreme measures pre Covid.

I respect your decision to do what you think is best but mental health is just as important as physical health.

Im not suggesting that you have poor mental health, I just think of always looking at people as a disease vector from now on, could negatively impact it.

seascape

Calm down. Everything's going to be okay. We're almost ending the pandemic. COVID-19 will be no more problems anymore so I don't wear mask when I'm vaccinated anymore.
I am calm but I am tired of the same question on mask requirements on Public Transportation. I am sure the pandemic will end and we can return to a new normal but for me that means wearing a mask when I am near people I know are sick. I never used to think about it when I would pick up something for my wife at CVS but now I know better and will protect myself. That is just smart. I will also continue to take Lyfts as they are a better way to visit NYC or go to the airport but I will take steps to protect myself. That is why we purchased a flying kit, which includes a seat cover and tray cover. We also bring our own wipes to wipe everything down. Again, be safe and take reasonable steps. There is nothing hard about wearing a mask at times.

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
I am calm but I am tired of the same question on mask requirements on Public Transportation. I am sure the pandemic will end and we can return to a new normal but for me that means wearing a mask when I am near people I know are sick. I never used to think about it when I would pick up something for my wife at CVS but now I know better and will protect myself. That is just smart. I will also continue to take Lyfts as they are a better way to visit NYC or go to the airport but I will take steps to protect myself. That is why we purchased a flying kit, which includes a seat cover and tray cover. We also bring our own wipes to wipe everything down. Again, be safe and take reasonable steps. There is nothing hard about wearing a mask at times.
Listen, it's okay to not to wear mask anymore for public transportation as drug stores too, even COVID-19 will be not be dangerous anymore in months. Everything's going to back to normal. Not new normal. Be calm and listen to rules,....we'll be okay.

correcaminos

No kidding! I was completely dumbfounded at the cab drivers in New york. God bless them! There's no way I could drive in Manhattan. Period. You always see TV shows and movies set in New York with a bunch of honking horns all the time. They're not being angry about it when they honk their horn. It's more of a way of letting the person near them know that they're sitting right there and to be careful. Our cab driver took us from the train station to our hotel in lower Manhattan in record time and he must have buzzed two dozen vehicles by a mere inch. I was white knuckling it in the backseat ready to puke. I thought my wife was going to pass out. Once I got out of the van at our hotel I started laughing because I suddenly realized that this guy does this every single day and his van was in immaculate condition. There's no way I could drive in New york. On top of the fact that I have no patience.
When flying in for work I've had cabbies that asked if they could drop me off a block away. It was faster to walk! I prefer public transportation myself. Much better than driving

correcaminos

Very good point.

There has also been some things that seemed like grey areas to me.

Let’s take infection providing as much or more protection than vaccination.

There was conflicting evidence about this for awhile, but people who provided contrary evidence too the mainstream narrative where shouted down here as anti vax.

Now the CDC is saying exactly what was once “anti vax rhetoric”.

I’m not saying your guilty of any of this Helena, I just enjoy discourse with you since you take all sides of a discussion into account
I try to but we're all human and sometimes I don't listen as well as I should. Or I miss lots of posts as I am sidetracked doing other things (like today).

Prior infection is that one that I'm willing to listen to. While I do not welcome the idea that getting it without vaccines is smart, I will say it will help us in the long run. Science is ever evolving and we should go with it.

Lilofan

When flying in for work I've had cabbies that asked if they could drop me off a block away. It was faster to walk! I prefer public transportation myself. Much better than driving
Covid or no covid , some may spot native New Yorkers that live or work in NYC in the theme parks on the way they walk or some may think it is speedwalking in the Olympics.

seascape

Listen, it's okay to not to wear mask anymore for public transportation as drug stores too, even COVID-19 will be not be dangerous anymore in months. Everything's going to back to normal. Not new normal. Be calm and listen to rules,....we'll be okay.
It used to be strange to see people in masks but that is changing. I will continue going to WDW and use Disney Transportation. But if the bus, monorail or boat is packed I will wear a mask. I didnt before but there were times I did get sick while visiting. I just believe that I learned more about taking reasonable steps to protect myself and found them easy and very calming. Wearing a mask, while jamed packed in the Hub to watch the fireworks is not stressful, it is fun and enjoyable. We can all agree to do what we think is best and if one doesn't want to wear a mask that is fine but others will wear masks and should be respected too. Most of the time I wont but at times and in certain conditions I will. The one thing I wish we would learn is to respect others, follow the reasonable health suggestions and respect each others decissions.

correcaminos

Covid or no covid , some may spot native New Yorkers that live or work in NYC in the theme parks on the way they walk or some may think it is speedwalking in the Olympics.
Lol that's true. I'm not a native NYCer but apparently have a look. Those driving me in are good with dropping me off early. Or the guys handing out flyers on the corner ignore me. My spouse even says I'd totally fit in with his NYCer colleagues. I consider it a blessing especially when in the diamond district. Hate being bugged.

lazyboy97o

Now the CDC is saying exactly what was once “anti vax rhetoric”.
The CDC also has three big caveats:
  • “The analysis was conducted before the emergence of the Omicron variant and the findings cannot be applied to the current Omicron wave.
  • The study ended prior to the widespread implementation of booster doses and does not reflect the immunologic benefit of additional vaccine doses.
  • The analysis did not include information on the severity of initial infection and does not reflect the risk of morbidity and mortality from COVID-19 infection.”

What makes the argument anti-vax rhetoric is the way that infection is presented as an equal path to immunity. It is not.

Trauma

The CDC also has three big caveats:
  • “The analysis was conducted before the emergence of the Omicron variant and the findings cannot be applied to the current Omicron wave.
  • The study ended prior to the widespread implementation of booster doses and does not reflect the immunologic benefit of additional vaccine doses.
  • The analysis did not include information on the severity of initial infection and does not reflect the risk of morbidity and mortality from COVID-19 infection.”

What makes the argument anti-vax rhetoric is the way that infection is presented as an equal path to immunity. It is not.
Well yeah risking your life vrs 5 minutes at Walgreens.

Almost the same thing right ?

Married5Times

Awww. Does this mean an ending to this very entertaining keyboard cowboy battle?
no,
there are a number on here emotionally attached to virus, vaccine, pandemic, testing and mask.

the corona addiction is strong with them, something even stronger than a 20 year smoker with a full blown nicotine/cigarette habit.

correcaminos

no,
there are a number on here emotionally attached to virus, vaccine, pandemic, testing and mask.

the corona addiction is strong with them, something even stronger than a 20 year smoker with a full blown nicotine/cigarette habit.
Anxiety and worrying about health is not quite an addiction. Some have fears of it - some irrational and some more understandable. I know some who are nearly paralyzed with fear of going in public because or it. Being willing to wear a mask or even pushing in some cases and pushing for vaccines isn't a sign of addiction. It's really a sign that some care. I am very hopeful this ends soon. I'm tired of it all...

Trauma

Yeah, quickly headed toward one million Americans dead but by all means, let’s just pretend that the pandemic is over and let her rip. Good lord with this stuff.
Well when the CDC says it’s endemic that would mean that the pandemic is over.

When they come to that conclusion is anyone guess but my money is on before May.

Edit : I know it’s up to the WHO to declare it over but I don’t think anyone pays attention to them anymore.

BuddyThomas

no,

How ridiculous. Not one single person on here is “emotionally attached to virus, vaccine, pandemic, testing and mask.” 🙄🙄
Some of us just pay attention to science and to what is going on around the world rather than pretending that the pandemic is over and being so utterly self-centered and selfish that we couldn’t care less what happens to our fellow Americans as long as our “FREE-DUMBS” are not impacted in any way during a period that has killed close to a million of our citizens.

BuddyThomas

Well when the CDC says it’s endemic that would mean that the pandemic is over.

When they come to that conclusion is anyone guess but my money is on before May.

Edit : I know it’s up to the WHO to declare it over but I don’t think anyone pays attention to them anymore.
Sorry. My crystal ball is broken. It broke when we were supposed to return to the office in October of last year and then that was cancelled. My crystal ball shattered a second time when we were supposed to return to the office on January 10, and then that was cancelled. We are now working from home until further notice so I will not predict any more dates. I can’t. My crystal ball is lying at the bottom of the Hudson River.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom