Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

correcaminos

Some places don't mask their children, much to their detriment. Amazing the number of people around here with coughs and unmasked, even if it's not covid please keep your slime to your self.
Ah gotcha

In the summer I saw more unmasked. Lately it's really just been the college kids as a whole who fortunately are not near us. As a choir person we are required to be vaccinated and masked per our director.

We have some city mandates for Columbus. Not for my city but my school district mandates for all people in the building vaccinated or not

Kevin_W

Ah gotcha

In the summer I saw more unmasked. Lately it's really just been the college kids as a whole who fortunately are not near us. As a choir person we are required to be vaccinated and masked per our director.

We have some city mandates for Columbus. Not for my city but my school district mandates for all people in the building vaccinated or not

Our church choir is masked... but takes them off to sing the anthem. :banghead: That is part of why my family is still doing Youtube Live services instead of going back in person. Otherwise, churches vary - ours is heavily vaccinated and congregants wear masks. My sister's has not changed one bit in the past 19 months.

Polkadotdress

Someone a few weeks ago asked if doctor's can be disciplined for questionable approaches to COVID-19. Apparently, the answer is, yes. At least in Oregon:

Unless you’re in FL…

correcaminos

Our church choir is masked... but takes them off to sing the anthem. :banghead: That is part of why my family is still doing Youtube Live services instead of going back in person. Otherwise, churches vary - ours is heavily vaccinated and congregants wear masks. My sister's has not changed one bit in the past 19 months.
Soloist will remove in ours if they want to much like those reading scriptures (like 20+ feet away minimum) In a group we sing with them on the whole time. We've gone through tons of changes. For a while when spread was low we all just sang mask free. Now we're back to masks and restrictions. While I help put the music together our head director is super cautious and I appreciate it.

Chip Chipperson

Wow, I am so sorry. My MIL just had them not long ago. One on her eye and was miserable. Hope you can get vaccinated soon!

Anywhere near the eye sounds horrible. I got it on my chest both times, but was lucky to catch it early both times so the antivirals kept it from spreading too much. I still get phantom pains once in a while. Hopefully your mother-in-law doesn't have any complications with her eye.

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
Anywhere near the eye sounds horrible. I got it on my chest both times, but was lucky to catch it early both times so the antivirals kept it from spreading too much. I still get phantom pains once in a while. Hopefully your mother-in-law doesn't have any complications with her eye.
My wife got it all over her back and one leg very bad. She was miserable for 10 days to 2 weeks. Unfortunately she was 42 and her doc had told her 50 was a good age to get the shot.

mf1972

Unless you’re in FL…

9D33910A-0CAA-4C16-BD90-DA65E527FFE6.gif

DisneyCane

Somebody please explain Vermont in the context of "if the stupid anti-vaxxers would get a shot everything would be fine." 77.3% of the population with at least one dose, 69% of the population FULLY VACCINATED. 87.4% of eligible population with at least one dose, 78.2% of eligible population fully vaccinated. 88.2% of adults with at least one dose, 78% of adults fully vaccinated. 99.9% of 65+ with at least one dose, 95.1% fully vaccinated. And yet...

ltc.jpg

matt9112

You are correct. The constitutional protection was to prevent the government from censoring the political speech of the population. It was never meant to be "I can say whatever I want, wherever I want." It absolutely doesn't apply to private settings. A movie theatre can have a silence rule and kick you out for talking at all if they want to, let alone yelling "fire."

My argument was when does the internet become a public setting....lol when its the primary form of communication? Or? Do we say every forum and every internet page is always private forever? So when we stop speaking to each other in the streets free speech dies?

You guys seem to think im challenging the law but im not. Im challenging how long we will act like the internet is the same as the inside of a movie theater or restuarant. The internet has no streets or squares....the forums are legitimately those places. But none of them are "public spaces"

Chip Chipperson

Somebody please explain Vermont in the context of "if the stupid anti-vaxxers would get a shot everything would be fine." 77.3% of the population with at least one dose, 69% of the population FULLY VACCINATED. 87.4% of eligible population with at least one dose, 78.2% of eligible population fully vaccinated. 88.2% of adults with at least one dose, 78% of adults fully vaccinated. 99.9% of 65+ with at least one dose, 95.1% fully vaccinated. And yet...

View attachment 588463

According to Worldometer, VT has the lowest number of cases per capita in the country (51 out of 51, including DC), so the obvious reasons would be that their first wave wasn't nearly as bad as other states so this wave looks worse on a graph without any additional context but really isn't as bad relative to other states. Also, 69% fully valued still leaves 31% NOT fully valued.

Chip Chipperson

My argument was when does the internet become a public setting....lol when its the primary form of communication? Or? Do we say every forum and every internet page is always private forever? So when we stop speaking to each other in the streets free speech dies?

You guys seem to think im challengjng the law but im not. Im challenging how long we will act like the internet is the same as the inside of a movei theater or restuarant. The internet has no streets or squares....the forums are legitimately those places. But none of them are "public spaces"

The answer is simple: if a forum is not owned by the government then it is a private forum just like any building not owned by the government is a private building. In both cases, the government has no right to censor you, but the owner of the forum or building can say, "We don't tolerate that here. Get out."

correcaminos

According to Worldometer, VT has the lowest number of cases per capita in the country (51 out of 51, including DC), so the obvious reasons would be that their first wave wasn't nearly as bad as other states so this wave looks worse on a graph without any additional context but really isn't as bad relative to other states. Also, 69% fully valued still leaves 31% NOT fully valued.
Why people are still looking to continue to spread anti-vax rhetoric is beyond me. Anyone looking at the numbers can tell they were always low...

Kman

When even our Politicians say sorry... 😂

In unrelated news, the Health Minister was fired today.
To be fair, Kenny's apology was pretty half hearted. When pushed to answer exactly what he was apologize for he put on his dancing shoes. I believe he said he wasn't sorry for dropping restrictions in the summer. He's more sorry he got caught with his pants down.

Tony the Tigger

View attachment 588463
Easy.
1. If the stupid 30% had gotten vaccinated, you would not see this.

2. Their “spike” is 500 cases. 500. Come on.

DisneyCane

Easy.
1. If the stupid 30% had gotten vaccinated, you would not see this.

2. Their “spike” is 500 cases. 500. Come on.
Read carefully. 87.4% of the ELIGIBLE population (i.e. 12+). The point is that their current spike is getting to be worse than any prior time during the whole pandemic before vaccines were available.
See above on the percentages vaccinated. VT may be the lowest per capita currently but all but one county is classified as having high community transmission and the one has substantial community transmission. The cases per 100k for the last seven days is 208.5 (for comparison, FL is 295.7). That works out to 29.79 per 100k per day which is almost three times the threshold set by the "northeast alliance" last year to avoid quarantine upon arrival and WAY above what many consider to be the limit to remove mitigations.

Even with all kinds of mandates, how much higher vaccine uptake will there possibly be than what Vermont has? Some percentage are medically unable to get vaccinated.

Nobody wants to admit that the vaccines are not doing one of the things that it was said they would do which is to suppress transmission and lead to herd immunity once "enough" people were vaccinated.

There's no question they significantly reduce the rate of hospitalization and death but if extremely low community transmission is the "goal" to remove all other mitigation, it does not appear that high vaccination rates will achieve that goal.

Last edited:

lazyboy97o

Read carefully. 87.4% of the ELIGIBLE population (i.e. 12+). The point is that their current spike is getting to be worse than any prior time during the whole pandemic before vaccines were available.

See above on the percentages vaccinated. VT may be the lowest per capita currently but all but one county is classified as having high community transmission and the one has substantial community transmission. The cases per 100k for the last seven days is 208.5 (for comparison, FL is 295.7). That works out to 29.79 per 100k per day which is almost three times the threshold set by the "northeast alliance" last year to avoid quarantine upon arrival and WAY above what many consider to be the limit to remove mitigations.

Even with all kinds of mandates, how much higher vaccine uptake will there possibly be than what Vermont has? Some percentage is medically unable to get vaccinated.

Nobody wants to admit that the vaccines are not doing one of the things that it was said they would do which is to suppress transmission and lead to herd immunity once "enough" people were vaccinated.

There's no question they significantly reduce the rate of hospitalization and death but if extremely low community transmission is the "goal" to remove all other mitigation, it does not appear that high vaccination rates will achieve that goal.
You choosing to repeatedly ignore what has been explained because you decided to create your own definition points is not people refusing to admit something.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom