News PHOTOS - Cinderella Castle at the Magic Kingdom to receive enhancements this summer

SpectroMan93

It is kind of astounding what a difference the time of day makes.
FDA10B2F-CA8F-4B4F-99D3-D47F1647BF09.jpeg

08062CC4-5798-4183-980E-B8AA52FE69DD.jpeg

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
It is kind of astounding what a difference the time of day makes.View attachment 549154
View attachment 549155
Yeah the paint changes massively depending on the amount and direction of sunlight. Our pics today were mid afternoon, which seems to give off the most vibrant of the colors. I know that those two comparison pics were shot on very similar cameras.

cookiee_munster

Obviously the pink paint has some kind of iridescence to it? I've seen backstage areas where they have boards where they test paints and colours etc. I wonder if the pink that was used just wasn't either exposed to full glare of the morning/midday sun or just wasn't matched up with all the other colours? Because honestly, the person who signed off on that pink really can't be happy with the end result... surely...

MagicHappens1971

Ready to go for the May start!

If anyone was in doubt that this was delayed 5 months...maybe Rat can start a 5-month soft open next month?
Aside from having something to talk about for the bloggers and influencers and etc, maybe if things stay on track the way they are, we may get a “soft” start to the 50the post Memorial Day, pre 4th of July? Only reason that they did this so quick and so ahead of schedule in my opinion. What are you hearing/thinking?

brihow

Let me preface this comment with the fact that the anniversary installation looks great, a nice regal decor package.

However, is it just me or does it bother anyone else that there are two spires that have a single ribbon swirl while all the other spires that are decorated have crisscrossing ribbon? I don’t think it would catch my attention as much if both spires with the single swirl weren’t on the same side of the castle. 🧐 🤣
Yes and I'm also bothered that all the ribbons appear to be the same width while they should be thinner as they are on the higher turrets, as to maintain the forced perspective.

Brad Bishop

The Castle Cake was the product of another era...Another decade... and it was celebrating a lesser anniversary... 50 is more serious than 25. Overall I think the castle decor is nice. I am glad they got rid of the purple roofs, and really wish they would repaint the castle in it's own gleaming color palate... Rose Gold was a bad fashion choice... Looks too much like Disneyland and Paris, and really signifies nothing...

I like it. It's almost gaudy (but, IMO, it's not). I weigh that out with: "Yeah, it's supposed to be over the top as it's the 50th!". If they left this stuff up and it was the 55th I'd be more in the camp of, "This really needs to go away, now."

The "rose gold" (kinda pink) doesn't bother me.

One thing, and I bet I'm in the minority here, I'd like to see is for them to go back to the original colors and, instead of having the LED floodlights set to "cycle" (which always bothered me - it makes no sense. It's not telling a story), just have them set to white as the original castle lit up at night (in white) was really majestic to me.

Different LED colors for different events like Halloween, Independence Day, or Christmas? No problems. Having them just cycle? (Maybe they no longer do that - I haven't been in ≈5 years) it makes no sense and is distracting.

peter11435

I like it. It's almost gaudy (but, IMO, it's not). I weigh that out with: "Yeah, it's supposed to be over the top as it's the 50th!". If they left this stuff up and it was the 55th I'd be more in the camp of, "This really needs to go away, now."

The "rose gold" (kinda pink) doesn't bother me.

One thing, and I bet I'm in the minority here, I'd like to see is for them to go back to the original colors and, instead of having the LED floodlights set to "cycle" (which always bothered me - it makes no sense. It's not telling a story), just have them set to white as the original castle lit up at night (in white) was really majestic to me.

Different LED colors for different events like Halloween, Independence Day, or Christmas? No problems. Having them just cycle? (Maybe they no longer do that - I haven't been in ≈5 years) it makes no sense and is distracting.
The castle lighting hasn’t just cycled for many years

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom