News PHOTOS - Cinderella Castle at the Magic Kingdom to receive enhancements this summer

DCBaker

Premium Member
Don't think I've seen this addition posted yet -

IMG_B0F3CF09C593-1.jpeg

WillWrambles

In the Parks
No
They photographed it at the optimal time of day for that paint...lol
I don't hate the decor... The Garland things are a little too small and fussy looking compared to the other decor elements...
Overall aside from the pink castle, I like it... Just not pink.
Paint it to some off white color, and it would be literally perfect.

JoeJames

I don't hate the decor... The Garland things are a little too small and fussy looking compared to the other decor elements...
I think the size of the garland is designed to look in proportion with the forced perspective. If you look closely the upper garland is slightly smaller than the lower garland.

Goofnut1980

I am not a fan... Rather have the pink birthday cake. It at least was not showing all the supports and didn't look so half done. I will see in person in 22 days. Not excited based on pictures.

Disneyson

I'm not one to jump on the bash train, but wow, I really dislike the jewelry. It cheapens the rest of the additions on the castle and really emphasizes the plastic look, especially the bunting. I would have said go with a different design than do plastic bunting and jewels.

Father Robinson

I am not a fan... Rather have the pink birthday cake. It at least was not showing all the supports and didn't look so half done. I will see in person in 22 days. Not excited based on pictures.
By "supports", I assume you mean the blue bars the swirls are mounted to? Those don't bother me. They blend in good it seems. Just like the dream lights. You could tell they were there but they camouflaged well too.

Nland316

The small bit of bricks above the entry arch to the castle have always bugged me after the new repaint. They are not finished/differentiated like the rest of the bricks. It looks like they forgot to paint them!

Amidala

That's a good way of putting it. Love the rest of the decorations though, I just hope that pink goes away ASAP. Any news on that?

I wonder if they're going to put the big 50 sign up right away or wait until the fall.

TTA94

I don’t absolutely hate this look but it doesn’t spell “Anniversary Celebration” to me. Something more fun and colorful would have been nice, or a similar look of DLs 50th overlay (minus the mirror). I personally liked the castle cake.

Magic Feather

That's a good way of putting it. Love the rest of the decorations though, I just hope that pink goes away ASAP. Any news on that?

I wonder if they're going to put the big 50 sign up right away or wait until the fall.
The medallion will likely go up while they have the equipment to put it up. If it requires the crane or any of the cherry pickers in the moat, it will be done with the decor (likely as the final piece). If it doesn't require any of that equipment, it will likely go up just before the celebration's start.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom