Epcot crash course

ELG13

It's been a very long time since I've been to Epcot and I've been reading up on it but it seems with the ever changing construction and additions there is a lot going on at Epcot that we may not be prepared for without someone who's been recently tells us what to expect. I like to know what to expect when we go to the parks so what do we need to know? I know it changes often but what do I need to know when we got in May? I'm excy about the flower garden festival!!

JohnD

It's been a very long time since I've been to Epcot and I've been reading up on it but it seems with the ever changing construction and additions there is a lot going on at Epcot that we may not be prepared for without someone who's been recently tells us what to expect. I like to know what to expect when we go to the parks so what do we need to know? I know it changes often but what do I need to know when we got in May? I'm excy about the flower garden festival!!

Expect construction. Whatever time you plan to arrive, arrive 30 minutes earlier than that.

Upvote 0

ELG13

Original Poster
Expect construction. Whatever time you plan to arrive, arrive 30 minutes earlier than that.
Thanks! We don't have a set time as it is going to be after HS. I was hoping to score a FP to Anna and Elsa but I don't see that happening since we will be doing HS first but we may be ok to wait.

Upvote 0

Eamethyst

Spaceship earth will be closed on May 26 until late 2022 or early 2023. Disney is renovating it. It will still be the same type of ride. A new story line. new lighting.

Upvote 0

ELG13

Original Poster
Spaceship earth will be closed on May 26 until late 2022 or early 2023. Disney is renovating it. It will still be the same type of ride. A new story line. new lighting.
Yes! I just saw that yesterday. We will be there before it closes luckily....the first week of may.

Upvote 0

Eamethyst

Yes! I just saw that yesterday. We will be there before it closes luckily....the first week of may.
Expect a long line for it since it is going to close. Allot of construction at Epcot. It's been a long time coming for Epcot to be renovated. The new rides, attractions, lands are not opening until late summer 2020 and 2021 2022. If you are going to the other parks expect them to be little more over flow with people because of Epcot. Other than walking around, seeing a few shows, eating, shopping a few rides there isn't much at Epcot right now.

Upvote 0

ELG13

Original Poster
Expect a long line for it since it is going to close. Allot of construction at Epcot. It's been a long time coming for Epcot to be renovated. The new rides, attractions, lands are not opening until late summer 2020 and 2021 2022. If you are going to the other parks expect them to be little more over flow with people because of Epcot. Other than walking around, seeing a few shows, eating, shopping a few rides there isn't much at Epcot right now.
Yeah we go multiple times a year to Disney but have yet to bring the kids to Epcot. We are excited to do the outdoor kitchens and whatnot while there for flower and garden. No big expectations.

Upvote 0

Eamethyst

Yeah we go multiple times a year to Disney but have yet to bring the kids to Epcot. We are excited to do the outdoor kitchens and whatnot while there for flower and garden. No big expectations.
The festivals are always nice. It's been a long time coming that Epcot has had a renovation. After Spaceship earth reopens I think that the park itself will be a different park then what it was years before. Epcot was always about history, future, learning. It's going to be different. I've been going to Disney since I was a kid. I always go for Christmas now. that's my tradition. I'm waiting until everything is open. at Epcot to go back. The Mary Poppins land is coming.

Upvote 0

Zé_Carioca

Currently, there is no middle section of the park so plan your rides/activities in order since it is very hard to go across the park to either east or west now. If you start in Future World East for example, do everything there first, then move on to World showcase and then Future World West etc.

Upvote 0

ELG13

Original Poster
Currently, there is no middle section of the park so plan your rides/activities in order since it is very hard to go across the park to either east or west now. If you start in Future World East for example, do everything there first, then move on to World showcase and then Future World West etc.
So essentially, move in a circle around Epcot? I haven't been there in 25 years. I've looked at the map on MDE app but I know that doesn't show construction, which maybe they should add just so people can plan accordingly...

Upvote 0

Zé_Carioca

So essentially, move in a circle around Epcot? I haven't been there in 25 years. I've looked at the map on MDE app but I know that doesn't show construction, which maybe they should add just so people can plan accordingly...
Basically, at least from my experience.

It might be better come May, but as of right now since they are tearing up the things that were in the middle (innoventions, fountain, pin traders etc.) it is all blocked off and you have to pick a side as soon as you enter and you are basically stuck in that side until you make it to the world showcase.

Also I go to every festival so if you want info on flower and garden or attractions I can focus on that too! I only mentioned the construction because it seemed like that was mostly what you were curious about.

Upvote 0

ELG13

Original Poster
Basically, at least from my experience.

It might be better come May, but as of right now since they are tearing up the things that were in the middle (innoventions, fountain, pin traders etc.) it is all blocked off and you have to pick a side as soon as you enter and you are basically stuck in that side until you make it to the world showcase.

Also I go to every festival so if you want info on flower and garden or attractions I can focus on that too! I only mentioned the construction because it seemed like that was mostly what you were curious about.
Yes!!! Anything you can share! We are really excited about it. My mom loves working in her yard and all things green thumb so she's excited to see what Disney comes up with!!

Upvote 0

The Mom

Premium Member
The festivals are always nice. It's been a long time coming that Epcot has had a renovation. After Spaceship earth reopens I think that the park itself will be a different park then what it was years before. Epcot was always about history, future, learning. It's going to be different. I've been going to Disney since I was a kid. I always go for Christmas now. that's my tradition. I'm waiting until everything is open. at Epcot to go back. The Mary Poppins land is coming.

Mary Poppins Land? Perhaps one attraction in the UK, but AFAIK, no land.

Upvote 0

macefamily

Arrive at the park hungry. Flower and Garden has some great food. Check out all of the menus before you go and pick your faves that you will want to try. I usually try 5 or 6 different offerings, then I fill up. Need to space out your stops.

Upvote 0

Zé_Carioca

Yes!!! Anything you can share! We are really excited about it. My mom loves working in her yard and all things green thumb so she's excited to see what Disney comes up with!!

The festival will be mostly around World Showcase, there are small shops with gardening supplies/plans, even one that sells disney character yard decorations.

They also ave many booths, the list of booths and foods have already been released online so you can read over it and select the ones that sound interesting. They are small appetizer size so you can buy a few while making the loop around world showcase. A favorite is the Honey Beestro, I love their cheesecake.

They also have the free Garden Rocks concerts each night so if you are interested, take a look at the lineup!

Lastly, around the park they have stunning Disney topiaries, walking around and looking at all of them is my favorite part of the festival!

More info here: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/events-tours/epcot/epcot-international-flower-and-garden-festival/

Upvote 0

Eamethyst

Mary Poppins Land? Perhaps one attraction in the UK, but AFAIK, no land.
This is what is coming. Mary Poppins, Guardians of the Galaxy(2021) and Ratatouille attractions are en route.
A new restaurant called space 220.

Upvote 0

JohnD

This is what is coming. Mary Poppins, Guardians of the Galaxy(2021) and Ratatouille attractions are en route.

Trust me when I tell you. She knows.

Upvote 0

The Mom

Premium Member

"A brand-new Mary Poppins attraction is coming to the United Kingdom pavilion! We’ll get to walk down Cherry Tree Lane and enter Number 17, the Banks family’s home. Out of all the EPCOT changes announced at D23 Expo, Mommy Frog was hopping up and down for this one." from your link.

Exactly - not Mary Poppins Land, but an attraction in an existing "land."

Upvote 0

Eamethyst

"A brand-new Mary Poppins attraction is coming to the United Kingdom pavilion! We’ll get to walk down Cherry Tree Lane and enter Number 17, the Banks family’s home. Out of all the EPCOT changes announced at D23 Expo, Mommy Frog was hopping up and down for this one." from your link.

Exactly - not Mary Poppins Land, but an attraction in an existing "land."
There is France, Uk, etc. They are pavilions part of the world showcase. There use to be Norway and Frozen took over. There are shops, restaurants, shows, etc. Marry popping isn't a little ride. The way it's being described is it's a new neighborhood. Currently there isn't an attraction at the UK.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom